HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Early season Krejci appreciation (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337263)

ODAAT 01-30-2013 04:18 PM

Early season Krejci appreciation

:amazed:

The reaction from more than a few that I would EVER post an appreciation thread for DK however, the consistent effort (points aside although fantastic) he has put in, shift in and out in the early stages has prompted me to come on here, eat just an appetizer of crow being so early in the year.

THIS is the way we all saw DK play from round 2 onward in that Cup year and I know the guy has it in him to do so more consistently and for at least the start of the year, I have to give props where they are due so..................David Krejci, props from a big time critic of yours, keep it up or I`ll be bouncing back to the other side;)

whatsbruin 01-30-2013 04:24 PM

This is truely a year he should excel.

He has admitted in the past, that the long season wears on
him, and that there are long stretches that he just can't get
pumped for the games.

With this extra short season, hopefully he can stay motivated
all the way to hoisting the cup. :D

Braunbaer 01-30-2013 04:30 PM

He has been our best forward so far, but I think it has a lot to do with Horton's play. Lucic and Krejci play so much better with him on the RW!

WBC8 01-30-2013 05:05 PM

What a shock, a Krejci appreciation thread that only has two posts in about one hour...Lucky for us the brass holds DK in higher esteem then this fanbase..

He has been great this year. Much different player as well with another scorer on the line too... the Matrix!

Shaun 01-30-2013 05:09 PM

He actually looks interested this year and has been great so far.

BNHL 01-30-2013 05:15 PM

Yay!!!

Latrappe 01-30-2013 05:19 PM

Considering the number of disappearing acts made by Krejci in the past few years, this is a BOLD thread...

gillesgilbert 01-30-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 58690081)
:amazed:

The reaction from more than a few that I would EVER post an appreciation thread for DK however, the consistent effort (points aside although fantastic) he has put in, shift in and out in the early stages has prompted me to come on here, eat just an appetizer of crow being so early in the year.

THIS is the way we all saw DK play from round 2 onward in that Cup year and I know the guy has it in him to do so more consistently and for at least the start of the year, I have to give props where they are due so..................David Krejci, props from a big time critic of yours, keep it up or I`ll be bouncing back to the other side;)

I noticed right from the first game that Krejci had a spring in his step that just wasn't there last year.

ODAAT 01-30-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 58693165)
Considering the number of disappearing acts made by Krejci in the past few years, this is a BOLD thread...

Tryin to be optmistic.......really trying, man I hope I don't jinx him:)

Artemis 01-30-2013 05:24 PM

Krejci's a playmaker first and foremost, and he'll always look 100 times better when his wingers are putting the puck in the net.

The Bruins appreciate him even if some fans don't. Thank goodness. :)

And thank you ODAAT. ;)

Latrappe 01-30-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 58693361)
Tryin to be optmistic.......really trying, man I hope I don't jinx him:)

Naaa.. I'm the one who will jinx him :D

VanIsle 01-30-2013 05:41 PM

He leads the team in playoff scoring and is always at the top of the scoring lead for the Bruins and he still gets a bad rap. He is in many proposals for other players while being on the top line with great playmaking abilities.

The guy is under-rated.

Latrappe 01-30-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanIsle (Post 58694269)
He leads the team in playoff scoring and is always at the top of the scoring lead for the Bruins and he still gets a bad rap. He is in many proposals for other players while being on the top line with great playmaking abilities.

The guy is under-rated.

Don't get me started with your " Krejci is a victim "...

TCL40 01-30-2013 06:18 PM

Krejci IMO has been the best and most consistent forward on the Bruins so far. He is doing what he does best, which is getting the puck to his wings so they can score.

Krejci IMO when at his best is great at getting the defense to get caught up in the puck so they miss Lucic or Horton sneaking in to snipe a goal.

He's playing hard and last night his line was the only line that didn't look gassed and seemed to be playing in all parts of the ice.

VanIsle 01-30-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 58695305)
Don't get me started with your " Krejci is a victim "...

Huh? He is no victim.

I am just saying for how good he is, he doesn't get the appreciation as say a Bergeron, Chara, Lucic, ect.

Latrappe 01-30-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanIsle (Post 58696223)
Huh? He is no victim.

I am just saying for how good he is, he doesn't get the appreciation as say a Bergeron, Chara, Lucic, ect.

No, he doesn't because his history of disappearance acts are well documented. If the Bruins need/try to acquire a big time player, Krejci will become the first name to pop up.

TCL40 01-30-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

I don't know, I have seen plenty of threads about Lucic dogging, but I have never understood the tendency for Bruins fans to think that they have to trash Krejci as if saying is plays well somehow questions Bergeron's abilities.

I mean do the Pens have 40 page threads dissing Malkin to build up Crosby or visa versa?

Krejci and Bergeron are both good although their strengths are different.

VanIsle 01-30-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 58696427)
No, he doesn't because his history of disappearance acts are well documented.

As long as he can remain .74 PPG in the regular season and a .80 PPG in the playoffs I will be happy.

Those are his current PPG in his career.

Everyone goes through slumps, look at Kessel (hahaha), being that high is very good in todays NHL.

mikeybuddha91 01-30-2013 06:32 PM

I was just saying today that DK has been a pleasant surprise for me. I think the issue is people just assumed he would be the new "Thornton/Savard", so they take it out on him when he isn't top 10 in scoring. It's a ridiculous assumption and shouldn't be help against him.

I'm REALLY hoping he can use this short year to gain the consistency he's lacked so far early in his career. His skills are definitely not the issue. So far, so good and I have him/Lucic as our best forwards so far. Horton has been great as well.

It's like we have a #1 line :handclap:

KnightofBoston 01-30-2013 06:34 PM

He really has looked great so far, thank goodness too considering how meh the rest of the forwards have been offensively

The great thing is the team just picked up 11 out of 12 points without the 2nd and 3rd lines playing up to their capabilities, the team oughta be pretty scary if they catch on and the rest stays consistent

WBC8 01-30-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 58696427)
No, he doesn't because his history of disappearance acts are well documented. If the Bruins need/try to acquire a big time player, Krejci will become the first name to pop up.

Maybe we can deal Krejci to a team for a guy who lead his team in scoring during a play-off season Stanley Cup win? Is that the type of big game player you have in mind...

Shaun 01-30-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 58697951)
Maybe we can deal Krejci to a team for a guy who lead his team in scoring during a play-off season Stanley Cup win? Is that the type of big game player you have in mind...

Krejci for Malkin sounds great to me :laugh:

Dellstrom 01-30-2013 07:04 PM

Very quietly a PPG, let's hope he stays consistent. The LKH line has been dominant, and he's the catalyst.

TCL40 01-30-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Krejci for Malkin sounds great to me
I would do this deal. I think Chia would get laughed at well probably after the Pens hung up the phone.

WBC8 01-30-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 58698015)
Krejci for Malkin sounds great to me :laugh:

Hahah touche.... :handclap: