HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: The Buffalo Rebuild Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337289)

McTank 01-30-2013 04:09 PM

The Buffalo Rebuild Thread

If Buffalo were to rebuild, and I think it would be a smart move at this point, what could they get for the top players left here.
Pominville
Vanek
Miller
And maybe Ehrhoff.
Would look for top prospects/1sts

MacOfNiagara 01-30-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58692675)
If Buffalo were to rebuild, and I think it would be a smart move at this point, what could they get for the top players left here.
Pominville
Vanek
Miller
And maybe Ehrhoff.

Horrible idea

Vankiller Whale 01-30-2013 04:12 PM

Vanek to Vancouver for Jensen + 1st + Malhotra if Buffalo retains 2-3 mil of his cap hit.

Timbo Slice 01-30-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58692825)
Vanek to Vancouver for Jensen + 1st + Malhotra if Buffalo retains 2-3 mil of his cap hit.

Oh Good God, no.

Timbo Slice 01-30-2013 04:24 PM

Buffalo does not need to rebuild. They could sell off some parts like Leopold, but a full rebuild would be stupid when they have a decent pipeline of prospects that will be coming up soon - Grigorenko will be a star in a few years, Girgensons will be an NHL-er in a few years, McNabb, Pysyk, Armia, etc. Pominville, Vanek, Ehrhoff, Miller, etc. will all still be a big part of that team. Every team with youth needs veterans. Buffalo does not need to rebuild, just stay patient.

Kershaw 01-30-2013 04:24 PM

Rangers very interested in Pominville, Regehr and Leopold.

Vankiller Whale 01-30-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo Slice (Post 58693281)
Oh Good God, no.

Is your righteous outrage due to player valuation or because you disagree with the premise of the OP?

Aceonfire 01-30-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Pominville
Vanek
Miller
And maybe Ehrhoff.

Vanek to EDM :sarcasm:

stokes84 01-30-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

When you wrote this, was there any part of you that actually thought you would get a favorable response?

MacOfNiagara 01-30-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58693431)
Rangers very interested in Pominville, Regehr and Leopold.

Pom is the captain and playing very well and has uncanny chemistry with one of our biggest weapons (Vanek)
- Very, Very unlikely to be available

Regehr is playing fair, a step slower
But they really went hard after him and he and the team seem committed to each other. I believe Regehr didnt want to move his family unless he saw at least some short term stability / security
- Unlikely to be moved

Leopold has had a rough start to this season but IMO is still a very well rounded 2nd pair guy. Giving a logjam at D he would be an option to ship out.
- Available

All IMO obviously

MacOfNiagara 01-30-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58693477)
Is your righteous outrage due to player valuation or because you disagree with the premise of the OP?

I suspect both

Vankiller Whale 01-30-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 58693553)
When you wrote this, was there any part of you that actually thought you would get a favorable response?

:dunno:

I really don't see how it's a bad offer.

Our top prospect(leading his entire team in the SEL in scoring as a rookie) + 1st in a deep draft + veteran faceoff ace doesn't seem like a good offer?

I don't know what kind of return you're expecting, but...

McTank 01-30-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo Slice (Post 58693397)
Buffalo does not need to rebuild. They could sell off some parts like Leopold, but a full rebuild would be stupid when they have a decent pipeline of prospects that will be coming up soon - Grigorenko will be a star in a few years, Girgensons will be an NHL-er in a few years, McNabb, Pysyk, Armia, etc. Pominville, Vanek, Ehrhoff, Miller, etc. will all still be a big part of that team. Every team with youth needs veterans. Buffalo does not need to rebuild, just stay patient.

Ya but they have such a great young corr why not add to that and when the time is right add vets via free agency

McTank 01-30-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58693769)
:dunno:

I really don't see how it's a bad offer.

Our top prospect(leading his entire team in the SEL in scoring as a rookie) + 1st in a deep draft + veteran faceoff ace doesn't seem like a good offer?

I don't know what kind of return you're expecting, but...

A good prospect+late 1st+3rd liner with us eating a chunk of salary is not food enough. This is an elite goal scorer

MayDayMayDay 01-30-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbo slice (Post 58693397)
buffalo does not need to rebuild. They could sell off some parts like leopold, but a full rebuild would be stupid when they have a decent pipeline of prospects that will be coming up soon - grigorenko will be a star in a few years, girgensons will be an nhl-er in a few years, mcnabb, pysyk, armia, etc. Pominville, vanek, ehrhoff, miller, etc. Will all still be a big part of that team. Every team with youth needs veterans. Buffalo does not need to rebuild, just stay patient.

this

Vankiller Whale 01-30-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58693907)
A good prospect+late 1st+3rd liner with us eating a chunk of salary is not food enough. This is an elite goal scorer

Well, what do you think is fair value then?

McTank 01-30-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58694047)
Well, what do you think is fair value then?

For vanek I would atleast expect a top ten pick and a good prospect. Or a top NHL prospect. Would look for returns for vanek and pominville that are similar to the richards/carter returns

Rare Jewel 01-30-2013 04:40 PM

What would it cost to bring Sekera up the QEW?

luki here 01-30-2013 04:40 PM

Nelson + Calvin De Haan + Persson for Vanek

oh wait, we will just wait 2 years and throw the bank at vanek :D

i cant see him playing elsewhere than buffalo to be honest.

McTank 01-30-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rare Jewel (Post 58694211)
What would it cost to bring Sekera up the QEW?

Would not look to move sekera, I include him in part of the young core coming up. Definately would not trade him in the division unless it was overpayment

Vankiller Whale 01-30-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58694197)
For vanek I would atleast expect a top ten pick and a good prospect. Or a top NHL prospect. Would look for returns for vanek and pominville that are similar to the richards/carter returns

The difference is that Vanek is only signed for a year and a half, while Richards/Carter were both signed long-term.(as well as being able to play centre)

But if you think about it realistically, any team that trades for Vanek will likely have a late 1st round pick, so it's kind of hard to ask for a top-10 pick.

start winnin 01-30-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58694367)
The difference is that Vanek is only signed for a year and a half, while Richards/Carter were both signed long-term.(as well as being able to play centre)

But if you think about it realistically, any team that trades for Vanek will likely have a late 1st round pick, so it's kind of hard to ask for a top-10 pick.

Agreed, he's not worth both a top 10 pick and a top prospect. I like Jensen a lot but isn't there some bust factor with him? With Vanek being traded I'd one of the top prospect or top 10 pick. I mean without Vanek, we are truly tanking. :laugh: Who will score goals?!?

Sterling31 01-30-2013 04:50 PM

Tor:
Miller
Kassian

Buff:
Schneider
Percy/Holzer
1st(van)

Van:
Kessel
Reimer

umbertovanek 01-30-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Pominville
Vanek
Miller
And maybe Ehrhoff.

Ugh, seriously?

Why would you want to trade away of all veteran players those who are actually worth their salt? So we can have even more unproven players in key positions?

In a sense, the Sabres are rebuiding as we speak, anyway.

Coaching, however, that we might want to talk about.

La Cosa Nostra 01-30-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Terrible. Not even anywhere close to worth Vanek, and you want Buffalo to pick up part of the cap hit? :laugh::laugh:

Yes, let's trade our only legit 1st liners, top pairing dman and #1 goalie. I'm sure it will be easy to sign players of their caliber in FA, just like how it worked this off season, we got Jon Scott and Kevin Porter, two of the most sought after UFAs this past off season