HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Raptors Discussion: v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337343)

The Nemesis 01-30-2013 05:15 PM

v25: Terrence Ross named to Slam Dunk Competition
 
carry on.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Iskandm004 (Post 58695571)
Any good 2013 free agents?


2013 salary situation for the Raptors is basically ****ed. They owe like $55-58m next year without Davis' salary, and are now adding close to $19m in money owed to Gay and Haddadi for next year (though Haddadi is not guaranteed next year's contract). Even if they amnesty Kleiza and dump Bargs for expiring contracts or picks, there's pretty much going to be no wiggle room at all unless they can somehow find a taker for Fields, and replace the depth positions (anderson, gray, pietrus, lucas) with guys making peanuts (which then goes a ways to killing the team depth.)

Kulemon 01-30-2013 05:16 PM

Can we just please get rid of Bargs?

SpeakerForTheDead 01-30-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Much is made of Gay's offensive puissance, but not nearly enough is made of his defensive conscience. Not only is he athletic enough to get back in transition, but he's great at making the sharp lateral movements necessary to defend agile ball-handlers and his off-ball defense (1.3 steals a night) is stellar as well.

The Grizzlies are currently tied for first with the Indiana Pacers in points allowed per 100 possessions (99.9) and are allowing fewer points (99.6) when Gay is on the floor. He himself is also holding opposing small forwards to a PER of 13.4 per 48 minutes, well below the league average of 15.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-have-to-make

Not a fan of Bleacher Report but this seems to indicate that Gay plays strong SF defense.

Lebanese Leaf 01-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 58695827)
carry on.





2013 salary situation for the Raptors is basically ****ed.

I'm sure we can move salary in Kleiza, Bargnani, Fields if need be.

The Nemesis 01-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desi (Post 58696051)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-have-to-make

Not a fan of Bleacher Report but this seems to indicate that Gay plays strong SF defense.

Other things I've heard though is that Gay tends to loaf or half-ass it on D. He could be a lot better at it if he wanted to, but the problem is that he doesn't want to.

JMcLeaf 01-30-2013 05:22 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Trade call with league office on three-way deal that sends Rudy Gay to Toronto begins at 7 pm EST.

alcanalz 01-30-2013 05:23 PM

Please just get rid of Bargnani. If there was ever anyone who needed to be removed from a team, it was him.

Lebanese Leaf 01-30-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desi (Post 58696051)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-have-to-make

Not a fan of Bleacher Report but this seems to indicate that Gay plays strong SF defense.

His D isn't all that TBH. It's made to look better because of the interior help he gets from Randolph and Gasol.

DirtyDion03 01-30-2013 05:28 PM

All we need to do is get rid of Andrea. I'll take Gasol, he's a better rebounder and leader for this team.

Hyperglide 01-30-2013 05:28 PM

Amnesty Kleiza, trade Bargnani for whatever you can get (I'd take a 2nd just to get rid of his contract). Resign Gray for less money and then try and go after Josh Smith? Ya not gonna happen but if it were to happen the Raps would be a LOT better than they were before today.

Still gotta do something about Fields though. AA is a better back up SF than Fields is.

Still not happy about the deal (Davis is gonna be a beast BC is gonna regret this deal) but at least we finally got rid of Calderon. He was like the Leafs version of a part of LACK. Now to just get rid of Bargnani.

Habsfan18 01-30-2013 05:30 PM

Perkins is a fan! :laugh:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins
Wow that was 1 crazy trade today. Are you serious Rudy Gay is right there under KD, Lebron, Kobe, and Melo. #badtrade

Diamond Joe Quimby 01-30-2013 05:30 PM

Thin at PG now. Very thin.

DirtyDion03 01-30-2013 05:31 PM

We were thin at SF, atleast we have a starter at the 1 in Lowry, can't say the same for small forward.

Lebanese Leaf 01-30-2013 05:32 PM

This trade made realGM crash haha

Hyperglide 01-30-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 58696553)
Perkins is a fan! :laugh:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins
Wow that was 1 crazy trade today. Are you serious Rudy Gay is right there under KD, Lebron, Kobe, and Melo. #badtrade

lol wait till Davis is beasting on him. Then he'll retract that statement real quick.

Diamond Joe Quimby 01-30-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 58696553)
Perkins is a fan! :laugh:

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins
Wow that was 1 crazy trade today. Are you serious Rudy Gay is right there under KD, Lebron, Kobe, and Melo. #badtrade

Lol I doubt Kendrick understands the finer side of finance and luxury taxes.

Hyperglide 01-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby (Post 58696587)
Thin at PG now. Very thin.

Agreed I don't want JLIII being giving more than 10 minutes a game. We need a true backup now. Hopefully we can somehow get JJ Barea outta Minny. Not sure how we do that though lol.. Maybe something involving Bargs and a SF? I'm not good at these kinda things. But I did hear Barea is available on RealGM.

Eytinge 01-30-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperglide (Post 58696483)
Amnesty Kleiza, trade Bargnani for whatever you can get (I'd take a 2nd just to get rid of his contract). Resign Gray for less money and then try and go after Josh Smith? Ya not gonna happen but if it were to happen the Raps would be a LOT better than they were before today.

Still gotta do something about Fields though. AA is a better back up SF than Fields is.

Still not happy about the deal (Davis is gonna be a beast BC is gonna regret this deal) but at least we finally got rid of Calderon. He was like the Leafs version of a part of LACK. Now to just get rid of Bargnani.

Gray has a player option for over 2 million next year. Why did BC give a scrub like Gray a player option, I have no clue. Like Nemesis said, we are ****ed for cap space for awhile now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby (Post 58696587)
Thin at PG now. Very thin.

Lowry is injury prone, that was one positive of Jose and his ability to fill in as a starter. John Lucas isn't even a PG, he's just a very short SG.

But Jose had to go IMO, get value while you can. And now he's in Detroit, I feel bad for him I was hoping he'd go to a contender.

JMcLeaf 01-30-2013 05:34 PM

Lowry better stay healthy :|

Kulemon 01-30-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanalz (Post 58696253)
Please just get rid of Bargnani. If there was ever anyone who needed to be removed from a team, it was him.

It's infuriating how even on NBA2k13 my career, I keep on telling the GM to trade him and he keeps saying he will but never does. Bargnani is cursed.

Hyperglide 01-30-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eytinge (Post 58696777)
Gray has a player option for over 2 million next year. Why did BC give a scrub like Gray a player option, I have no clue. Like Nemesis said, we are ****ed for cap space for awhile now.


Lowry is injury prone, that was one positive of Jose and his ability to fill in as a starter. John Lucas isn't even a PG, he's just a very short SG.

But Jose had to go IMO, get value while you can. And now he's in Detroit, I feel bad for him I was hoping he'd go to a contender.

If we can get rid of Bargnani for a pick and Amnesty Kleiza doesn't that free up a lot of $$. Bargs is making $10 mill per is he not? Isn't Kleiza around the $6 million mark? Is there a capgeek for NBA contracts lol. I can't recall the exact numbers. I thought Gray just signed a 1 year contract. Didn't know about the PO.

Rielly Good 01-30-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulemon (Post 58696821)
It's infuriating how even on NBA2k13 my career, I keep on telling the GM to trade him and he keeps saying he will but never does. Bargnani is cursed.

Same with me. "But for now we need you focused on our next game against boston" Shut up and trade him lol

Habsfan18 01-30-2013 05:40 PM

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Hamed Haddadi goes from Memphis to Toronto in the trade, but league source says he'll likely be waived and bought out.

Ohio Jones 01-30-2013 05:41 PM

Feels a little like shuffling deck chairs. Say they move Bargnani to restore their depth at PG, then they just create a shortage up front. Pretty disappointed that Davis was the key piece to move.

Hyperglide 01-30-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 58697071)
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Hamed Haddadi goes from Memphis to Toronto in the trade, but league source says he'll likely be waived and bought out.

I was just thinking about him. Ya he doesn't make sense. Not with Amir/JV/Gray in front of him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.