HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Hawks fall to Wild in Shootout (3-2) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337581)

Blackhawkswincup 01-30-2013 10:03 PM

Hawks fall to Wild in Shootout (3-2)

Meh ,, Sucks to lose but got a pt at least

13 of possible 14 pts to start season (4-0-1 on road to start year)

Very poor effort by 2nd line tonight

Blue Liner 01-30-2013 10:06 PM

Was going to quote Illini's statement about the Cullen goal and agree. Thought it was a sneaky shot. He found a hole and put it there and between the really quick release and the tempo change breaking into the slot he had Crawford guessing a bit. Thought it was a legit goal, personally.

No One In Particular* 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

"@Illinihockey We need to find a 3rd shooter that can be consistent in shootouts"

No we need to find a commisioner that isnt a complete idiot and looks like a fat turtle. Bettman is the worst thing to happen to our game.

That moron needs to go, now. A SKILLS COMPETITION SHOULD NOT decide a team game. But then again he is a -Mod Edit_ and wouldn't comprehend that.

Lets decide every tied NBA game by a 3 point comp, every baseball game by a home run comp, every NFL game by a FG kicking comp.

Oh wait...

HockeySensible 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

Glad we got a point.. but it's annoying to lose in shootouts when Q continues to use players he knows suck in the shootout.

Sharp's 4-for-25 over the last 3 years; 2-for-15 over the past two years. Hossa's 2-for-11 over the past 3 years; 0-for-6 over the past two years and Bolland's 1-for-9 in his career in shootouts.

We know Sharp and Hossa are bad in shootouts, so why continue to use them?

Brandon Saad should have been the third shooter.

MTP 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

Can't really say it any better than that. Would have liked to pick up the 2 points considering the circumstances but I'll take the SOL. They played pretty well against another grinder type team, let's hope they can come out big on Friday after another day of rest. They need to set the tone of the road trip early, and a good game against Vancouver will do just that.

Illinihockey 01-30-2013 10:07 PM

We need to find a 3rd shooter that can be consistent in shootouts

RayP 01-30-2013 10:08 PM

Cullk, Hossa is 6/25 the last 5 years in the shootout. My vote would be for Frolik as the third shooter, then Saad. Frolik can move the puck around and his weak wrister wouldn't hurt him in the shootout. I think he'd be above average at it.

Illinihockey 01-30-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 58718175)
Glad we got a point.. but it's annoying to lose in shootouts when Q continues to use players he knows suck in the shootout.

Sharp's 4-for-25 over the last 3 years; 2-for-15 over the past two years. Hossa's 2-for-11 over the past 3 years; 0-for-6 over the past two years and Bolland's 1-for-9 in his career in shootouts.

We know Sharp and Hossa are bad in shootouts, so why continue to use them?

Brandon Saad should have been the third shooter.

Agreed, the best scorers aren't always the best in the shootout. Let Stalberg or Frolik have a go

Chris Hansen 01-30-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No One In Particular (Post 58718157)
"@Illinihockey We need to find a 3rd shooter that can be consistent in shootouts"

No we need to find a commisioner that isnt a complete idiot and looks like a fat turtle. Bettman is the worst thing to happen to our game.

That moron needs to go, now. A SKILLS COMPETITION SHOULD NOT decide a team game. But then again he is a -Mod Edit_ and wouldn't comprehend that.

Lets decide every tied NBA game by a 3 point comp, every baseball game by a home run comp, every NFL game by a FG kicking comp.

Oh wait...

Meh. It's better than ties. Been proven that the casual fan enjoys the shootout.

Feels silly to "lose" a game like that but it is what it is. Nothing to get so upset about.

puterwiz53 01-30-2013 10:13 PM

What the Hawks need is another center who can win a damn face off. Toews seems to be the only one who can. Faceoffs in their own end is killing the Hawks. Can't expect Toews to take every face off in their own end.

massivegoonery 01-30-2013 10:15 PM

I ask all of you this: How does it feel to be the least interesting board on HF?

C'mon, Marauder, BobbyJet, Martini - this is what you guys were looking for, step up and take the credit, you've earned it.

HockeySensible 01-30-2013 10:15 PM

That was hilarious.

TwistedWrister90 01-30-2013 10:19 PM

If Pirri is ever called up, I'd like to see him get a shot in a shootout. He's 13/25 for his career in Rockford. His release is nasty

Blackhawkswincup 01-30-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivegoonery (Post 58718719)
I ask all of you this: How does it feel to be the least interesting board on HF?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 58718753)
That was hilarious.

Well that was fun

Please look at the light

http://wileybtb.files.wordpress.com/...ory-eraser.jpg

Karl 01-30-2013 10:19 PM

The Blackhawks have a scary good team, deep and dangerous. Every time your top line was out I was expecting a goal. Towes especially makes plays look effortless out there. Crawford really impressed me with some solid goaltending tonight, especially robbing PMB on the 5-3. The Hawks will be a force this season challenging for the Presidents trophy.

HawksTillDeath 01-30-2013 10:20 PM

It sucks we didn't get the win

We need a #3 shooter bad.

But I'm really happy shaw played his best and only good game the year
Hopefully a sign of things to come

For the shoot out it should be saad or Frolik going.

massivegoonery 01-30-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 58719099)
Well that was fun

Please look at the light

That means you are going to erase everything I've said. :(

MadhouseOnMadison 01-30-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivegoonery (Post 58718719)

C'mon, Marauder, BobbyJet, Martini - this is what you guys were looking for, step up and take the credit, you've earned it.

http://randomgifs.com/images/davec.gif

w00d 01-30-2013 10:26 PM

The Hawks PK still impresses the hell out of me and I think is the #1 difference to their success this year over the last couple years. 1 goal allowed on 27 PKs, 96.3%. Boston just edges them out at 96.4% for first place.

Blackhawkswincup 01-30-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w00d (Post 58719545)
The Hawks PK still impresses the hell out of me and I think is the #1 difference to their success this year over the last couple years. 1 goal allowed on 27 PKs, 96.3%. Boston just edges them out at 96.4% for first place.

Best part of PK is that with Frolik/Kruger/Hammer/Oduya stepping up there game it means less icetime for big guns and that will only make them more effective

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 58719099)
Well that was fun

Please look at the light

I feel like I missed something good tonight :(

Shootouts blow. That's not a loss in my book, no matter how much my buddy in Minny wants to gloat about it.

Chris Hansen 01-30-2013 10:39 PM

Gloating about a shootout win? :handclap:

Gurth 01-30-2013 10:48 PM

Hawks outchanced the Wild by a significant amount tonight. The Wild rope-a-doped their way to an extra point. Oh well.

Kaner's spin-o-rama in OT was so sick. Wish Hossa had been able to get to that.

Thought Hammer and Oduya looked very shaky at times tonight. They'll need to be better on Friday.

Crawford played well enough. Hawks should have scored more than two with the opportunities that they had. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Bring on the Nucks!

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hansen (Post 58720675)
Gloating about a shootout win? :handclap:

He also called the Wild "The best team money can buy" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MadhouseOnMadison 01-30-2013 10:51 PM

Let him gloat, I measure our performance based on whether or not we could beat a team in a 7 game series. From what I saw tonight we take the Wild in 5 if we have home ice.