HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: douglas murray to ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337681)

ThrowInA2ndRounder 01-30-2013 11:32 PM

douglas murray to ottawa

what would the sens need to give up for murray?

DuckEatinShark 01-30-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowInA2ndRounder (Post 58725643)
what would the sens need to give up for murray?

Ottawa 2nd and he's all yours.

MAK19 01-30-2013 11:35 PM

WHy

Mother of god why

No need whatsoever from Ottawa's POV

JayP812 01-30-2013 11:40 PM

A pick is fine.

Please take him.

General Granny* 01-31-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 58725905)
Ottawa 2nd and he's all yours.

We dont have a 2nd.

Daugavins straight up. Speedy winger, plays in the bottom 6, PK, has some offensive touch, still only 23, high high character guy.

ChubbChubby 01-31-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Granny (Post 58727931)
We dont have a 2nd.

Daugavins straight up. Speedy winger, plays in the bottom 6, PK, has some offensive touch, still only 23, high high character guy.

Only issue is the Sharks already have a full forward roster and wouldn't be able to fit anyone new in without demoting/scratching someone who doesn't deserve to be. Though they're not scoring, the bottom 6 have been solid so far this season and have been generating chances.

Draft picks would be ideal, or package him with Wingels for an upgrade. Not that I want to trade Wingels because he's been steadily improving, but he's really the only movable piece in the bottom 6 right now. Burish was just signed, Gomez just brought in, Handzus has a NMC, Galiardi was just obtained at the last deadline, Sheppard was traded for and never got a chance yet, and Desjardins has more value to the Sharks than to other teams (practically zero trade value as a 4th line grinder).

The only reason I'd want to trade Murray is because I don't want him to play over Braun or Demers when everyone is healthy, but preferably I'd like him as our #7 with Irwin as an 8th. Defensive depth is a valuable thing to have and I'd rather not waste that kind of advantage if possible.

Benny FTW 01-31-2013 12:53 AM

ohgodnogodno.gif

Do not want.

Not even for the dog.

HavlatMach9 01-31-2013 12:56 AM

Due to injuries, our 9th dman was the 6th one, we might need a 10th dman with our injury luck on the backend :shakehead

danishh 01-31-2013 03:56 AM

yes, do want, no 2nd this year, will give our third.

seriously, one more injury and our defense will be binghamton+karlsson.

vippe 01-31-2013 04:07 AM

Did Murray fall out of favour with the Sharks? Wasnt he your #4 defenseman some year ago or something like that?

Leidi J 01-31-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vippe (Post 58733841)
Did Murray fall out of favour with the Sharks? Wasnt he your #4 defenseman some year ago or something like that?

it's not so much anything he's done aside from getting slower with age. it's more just that a bunch of our younger, faster defense prospects have come up and done well combined with the trades for brent burns and brad stuart the past few years.

we just have too many D.

Boyle, Vlasic, Burns, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Murray, Irwin is how i might rank them without giving it much thought. and Irwin is only ranked last because he's a rookie who's played four total games. Irwin has looked good so far though...

vippe 01-31-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI (Post 58733867)
it's not so much anything he's done aside from getting slower with age. it's more just that a bunch of our younger, faster defense prospects have come up and done well combined with the trades for brent burns and brad stuart the past few years.

we just have too many D.

Boyle, Vlasic, Burns, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Murray, Irwin is how i might rank them without giving it much thought. and Irwin is only ranked last because he's a rookie who's played four total games. Irwin has looked good so far though...

True, the Sharks have very good depth. Shipping him for a pick seems like the best thing to do.. what is his contract status? 1 year left?

Bourne Endeavor 01-31-2013 04:18 AM

I think most Sharks fans would accept being paid the gas money to drive him to the airport themselves.

Hertl Power 01-31-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Murray has always had his weaknesses and his strengths. When he got taken off of a pairing with Boyle he didn't look as good. Some fans were starting to put him in their doghouse and then he got his throat injury and did not play well at all after that. He had to wear a special pad to protect his neck and just didn't have the aggression to his game that he needs to be effective. He hasn't had the same fan support since then and add in the sharks depth if we could be healthy on the blue line and Murray being a ufa this offseason and a lot of people would like to trade him now to get value later (or a third liner to help our biggest weakness).

BonkTastic 01-31-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiddenpsyche (Post 58734063)
Murray has always had his weaknesses and his strengths. When he got taken off of a pairing with Boyle he didn't look as good. Some fans were starting to put him in their doghouse and then he got his throat injury and did not play well at all after that. He had to wear a special pad to protect his neck and just didn't have the aggression to his game that he needs to be effective. He hasn't had the same fan support since then and add in the sharks depth if we could be healthy on the blue line and Murray being a ufa this offseason and a lot of people would like to trade him now to get value later (or a third liner to help our biggest weakness).

Daugavins is a 3rd liner!

I mean... wait. You meant a GOOD 3rd liner, right? Damn.

internetdotcom 01-31-2013 08:03 AM

First, can't we just merge this with the exact same thread I made not that long ago?

Second, after hearing what Sharks fans have had to say about Murray, no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks I give up a 2nd in a weak draft, let alone a very deep one, for him (even if we had a 2nd). Maybe a 4th, thats about it.

White Goodman 01-31-2013 08:07 AM

Murray wouldn't fit in MacLean's system.

DrewRemendasBaldHead 01-31-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 58736375)
First, can't we just merge this with the exact same thread I made not that long ago?

Second, after hearing what Sharks fans have had to say about Murray, no chance in H-E-double hockey sticks I give up a 2nd in a weak draft, let alone a very deep one, for him (even if we had a 2nd). Maybe a 4th, thats about it.

I'd take a 4th. Sharks draft well in the later rounds, and Murray probably won't do that much for this team anymore.

DuckEatinShark 01-31-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 58736375)

There will be teams looking to contend that would overpay for the services of Murray. A physical, bottom-pairing defenseman who will be UFA by year's end is quite a commodity at the deadline.

I think we can hold out for a better pick.

WTFetus 01-31-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewRemendasBaldHead (Post 58739241)
I'd take a 4th. Sharks draft well in the later rounds, and Murray probably won't do that much for this team anymore.

I wouldn't. Draft picks are very overrated on HF. I'd rather have Murray for depth than trade him for a draft pick that most likely won't amount to anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 58746265)
There will be teams looking to contend that would overpay for the services of Murray. A physical, bottom-pairing defenseman who will be UFA by year's end is quite a commodity at the deadline.

I think we can hold out for a better pick.

I don't see DW trading Murray at the deadline for a pick. You don't trade players for picks when you're contending, especially in a shortened season when depth is extremely important.

magic school bus 01-31-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yes, he was on our top pair with Boyle just a couple yrs ago but he's since declined physically. His skating has gotten worse and teams have learned better ways to play against him and take advantage of his poor skating. He's still a smart player, good teammate, but we have better options now. Pair him with a puck-mover and he could be useful.

WTFetus 01-31-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

That speaks more of the Sharks' lack of depth than Murray's skill.
09-10 He was competing with an aging/injured Blake, Huskins, Joslin, and a rookie Demers.
10-11 He was competing with Huskins, Wallin, Joslin, and a still raw Demers.

21 01-31-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Murray is still very popular in San Jose among lots of fans, loving his legendary open ice hits and toughness. Most fans don' t give up hopes on him after just 1/2 poor season with injuries.

Right now he is trying to play a bit more polished, disciplined game under the influence and leadership from Larry Robinson. We are not used seeing Murray in this role, personally I like the old Murray better.

The open ice hits from Murray may very well be the meanest and hardest in NHL history, he won't be forgotten.

CupfortheSharks 01-31-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 58747557)
I wouldn't. Draft picks are very overrated on HF. I'd rather have Murray for depth than trade him for a draft pick that most likely won't amount to anything.

This is correct.