HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Ovechkin to jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337849)

onlyhockey* 01-31-2013 04:10 AM

Jets and capitals talking ovechkin

[MOD]

OVECHKIN ASKED FOR TRADE DURING CAMP

OATES WONT BE FIRED

OVECHKIN HAS TAKEN CAPS AS FAR AS HE CAN

JETS WANT FACE OF FRANCHISE

KANE,SCHIEFLE,BURMISTROV PICKS FOR OVECHKIN,BEAGLE,AHL PLAYERS.

[MOD] ONCE AGAIN THIS TRADE HAS NOT HAPPENED. ONLY A RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR . [MOD].if you want to know more just reply on the thread and i will be happy to tell you what i can

onlyhockey

[MOD]

onlyhockey* 01-31-2013 04:16 AM

Ovechkin to jets

THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT WOULD TAKE FOR OVECHKIN TO BECOME A JET

KANE,SCHEIFLE,BURMISTROV,PICKS

I THINK THE CAPS WOULD SEND BACK

OVECHKIN,BEAGLE, AND AHL PLAYERS

[MOD]

onlyhockey

Petyr Baelish 01-31-2013 05:09 AM

I like it.

CREW99AW 01-31-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyhockey (Post 58733929)
THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT WOULD TAKE FOR OVECHKIN TO BECOME A JET

KANE,SCHEIFLE,BURMISTROV,PICKS

I THINK THE CAPS WOULD SEND BACK

OVECHKIN,BEAGLE, AND AHL PLAYERS

[MOD]

onlyhockey

Awful trade proposal for Winnipeg.
Ovie's stats are sliding. He does not look like he'll be anywhere close, to being worth what's left on his huge contract.

The Jets have terrific fan support, so the argument that they need Ovie for ticket sales doesn't wash.

If I was in the Jets front office I wouldn't go near an Ovie trade, even if it just involved secondary pieces.

Hutz 01-31-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyhockey (Post 58733865)
[MOD]

[MOD] ONCE AGAIN THIS TRADE HAS NOT HAPPENED. ONLY A RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR . [MOD].if you want to know more just reply on the thread and i will be happy to tell you what i can

[MOD]

First, there's no need to yell, we can all hear you.

Second, that package might be something the Jets would have offered 5 years ago, but with Ovechkin's current production and contract, I would think they'd have to be crazy. I'd think something around Kane + pick would work for Washington, but I can't say that Kane won't be the better player in a couple of years, so I wouldn't even advise that.

By the way, where did you hear Ovechkin requested a trade???

Tender Rip 01-31-2013 05:48 AM

I don't quite see celebrity Ovechkin or his WTA top 20 tennis star fiancee in Winnipeg. Sorry to say.

King Woodballs 01-31-2013 05:50 AM

I want nothing to do with Ovechkin.

Even if all Washington wanted was a bag of pucks.

TeemuLaine 01-31-2013 05:51 AM

Ovechkin will get bought out and then he signs in Russia :nod: :sarcasm:

KingBogo 01-31-2013 06:58 AM

I can't see the Jets making this trade. As mentioned they don't need a face of the franchise, they are sold out for the next 4 years with an 8000 person waiting list for ST. The fans are patient and want a true contender to be built, so why would they trade away half their young core for a guy whose production has been falling and has shown an inability to lead a talent laden team to the promised land.

Kane on the other hand seems to be building on his 30 goal season (at age 20) by demonstrating a play making aspect to his north south game now that he is paired with higher end line mates in Jokinen and Wheeler. The kid is going to be good...real good.

OCPenguin 01-31-2013 07:09 AM

This would be a bad one for Winnipeg. Why pay that price for a moody Russian that isn't producing like he should. Bad salary ... on the books for several more years at 9.1 million per season. Washington needs to unload him, if it can.

Kris Chreider 01-31-2013 07:20 AM

No team wants or even has a need for Ovechkin.

He's pretty much Wolski of last year but with a lifetime horrible contract.

IceDaddy 01-31-2013 07:50 AM

[mod]

The Jets are far better off keeping that package. AO is the hhighest paid 25-30 goal guy in the league and has one of the worst contracts as well.

MiSe 01-31-2013 08:11 AM

He's never scored less than 32, last year he potted 38 and now all of a sudden he is a 25-30 goal scorer? Oh let me guess he looks awful this year so he looks like a 25-30 goal scorer.

I'm sure Leafs fans dont see Kessel as a 20-25 goal scorer do they?

TOGuy14 01-31-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyhockey (Post 58733865)
[MOD]

OATES WONT BE FIRED

OVECHKIN HAS TAKEN CAPS AS FAR AS HE CAN

JETS WANT FACE OF FRANCHISE

onlyhockey

[MOD]

That seems like way too much to give up for Ovi, especially given his production and contract.

I would not do that if I was Winnipeg...

IceDaddy 01-31-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiSe (Post 58736591)
He's never scored less than 32, last year he potted 38 and now all of a sudden he is a 25-30 goal scorer? Oh let me guess he looks awful this year so he looks like a 25-30 goal scorer.

I'm sure Leafs fans dont see Kessel as a 20-25 goal scorer do they?

Its just my opinion. Maybe I am being too harsh but the facts dont lie. He is fat, lazy, and selfish. I would never ever want him on the habs.

its a shame because he has so much talent, but has so little heart unless the puck is on his stick.

TrillMike 01-31-2013 08:42 AM

I don't see Ovi ever playing for Peg.

takehisheadoff 01-31-2013 08:48 AM

Couldn't see Ovi playing in Winnipeg. But I think the Jets should get rid of Kane. Kane of lately seems to be trouble and to a lesser extent an embarassment to the franchise.

RealisticLeaf55 01-31-2013 08:50 AM

Ovie needs some time on the bench. Guy needs to smarten up because nobody in the league would touch that terrible contract. His only option is to show some heart and start playing the game at 100% capacity.

fedfed 01-31-2013 08:58 AM

Ovechkin's become kind of a slow starter. Last year, he started off slowly too. Then as the player race heated up, so did Ovi. He had 8 or 9 goals in the month of March. Same goes for the year before. He still delivers when it matters most - late in the year and in the playoffs. I'm fine with it. He just figured out he needs to have something in the tank for the spring after an awful spring of 2010 and prepares to the season accordingly. As Russians say, he's harnessing slowly, then riding fast.
Here are some numbers.
2011-12 season: February, March and April (reg. season):
18 G, 8 A in 31 GP. Without Backstrom, btw.
2010-11 season: Same period:
13 G, 21 A in 28 GP.
That's not bad, ain't it? First is 48-goal pace, second is above point-per-game.

PaperRockChamp 01-31-2013 09:13 AM

Kane plays the way Ovy used to, at a fraction of the cap hit.

It's not that we don't want Ovechkin, we just don't want our team handcuffed by a 9+ million / 10yr contract.

Matthew McConaughey 01-31-2013 09:18 AM

Sorry, I wouldn't even trade you Evander Kane alone for Ovechkin. Not with that contract.

SoupNazi 01-31-2013 09:20 AM

This will never happen.

Shrimper 01-31-2013 09:30 AM

There is no reason for anyone to take on Ovechkin at this given moment in time and the Capitals are highly unlikely to get anything decent in return as it stands either.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 01-31-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 58735487)
No team wants or even has a need for Ovechkin.

He's pretty much Wolski of last year but with a lifetime horrible contract.

As usual your opinion is miles from the truth.

internetdotcom 01-31-2013 09:56 AM

As a fan of neither team, what do Jets and Caps fans say to any of the proposed deals if the Caps retain a big chunk, say 40% , of his salary/cap?