HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Primetime on CBC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1338087)

ybsad 01-31-2013 01:39 PM

Primetime on CBC
 
Do you think that EK65's greatness will force CBC to air the Ottawa games nationally next season?

18Hossa 01-31-2013 01:41 PM

Only if hes on the leafs.

Anca18 01-31-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18Hossa (Post 58748879)
Only if hes on the leafs.

This...CBC won't ever pick the Sens over the Leafs. Ever. Too many people watch the Leafs games to even consider it.

NyQuil 01-31-2013 02:05 PM

Great joke.

LoneSteele 01-31-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker5123 (Post 58749133)
This...CBC won't ever pick the Sens over the Leafs. Ever. Too many people watch the Leafs games to even consider it.

Not necessarily true. They did last year for one late-season game vs. Crosby and the Pens. I loved it; I (in Alberta) don't often get to watch Sens on Saturdays because Center Ice won't pick up CBC games and Leafs are almost always on primetime Saturday nights.

That being said. I agree that the Sens alone aren't enough of a draw even compared to an out-of-playoffs Leafs team.

Flamingo 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

The only HNIC coverage we get this year (even locally!) is for three games versus the Leafs, and one vs. Philly to end the season.

At first glance, our occasional Saturday afternoon games aren't even picked up by CBC.

Da fuq?

zeddyp 01-31-2013 02:09 PM

as long as TML exist Ottawa will never get the spotlight consistently..hell I think even if we had Crosby, Karlsson, Stamkos, Lundquvist on the team and the leafs had literally monkeys in leaf uniforms they would elect the leaf game...

ybsad 01-31-2013 02:14 PM

If enough people scream and shout, things can change.

3 or 4 years ago, there wasn't even a local broadcast of the Sens games on a Saturday night. Now we see them all.

Anca18 01-31-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneSteele (Post 58750201)
Not necessarily true. They did last year for one late-season game vs. Crosby and the Pens. I loved it; I (in Alberta) don't often get to watch Sens on Saturdays because Center Ice won't pick up CBC games and Leafs are almost always on primetime Saturday nights.

That being said. I agree that the Sens alone aren't enough of a draw even compared to an out-of-playoffs Leafs team.

I stand corrected then, I guess it must have been the draw of Crosby's return last season, combine that with it being a late season game with the sens fighting for a playoff spot, while the Leafs were probably already eliminated? http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport.../GS021120.HTML My assumption is that it was that game, which would make sense since if I remember correctly the Leafs were already out of the playoff race and they played the Rangers at home that night. http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/GS021119.HTM That's interesting, but yeah, outside of that there's no way that CBC would want to pick up a Sens game over a Leafs game.

Margaret Trudeau* 01-31-2013 02:18 PM

YOLO!!! Ektorp is not on the leafersons. They are a legendary team and the sens have no cups. period.

until that is remedied there;s no way, no how, bubba joe.

internetdotcom 01-31-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 18Hossa (Post 58748879)
Only if hes on the leafs.

Came here to say this.

The mere thought of Karlsson in a Leaf jersey makes my skin crawl.

Anca18 01-31-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybsad (Post 58750679)
If enough people scream and shout, things can change.

3 or 4 years ago, there wasn't even a local broadcast of the Sens games on a Saturday night. Now we see them all.

"Sit your butt down, you're blocking the view". Last time I was in the 100s for a sens game that was yelled out by the 'corporate fan' who was sitting right in front of me. :shakehead :help:

LoneSteele 01-31-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker5123 (Post 58750863)
I stand corrected then, I guess it must have been the draw of Crosby's return last season, combine that with it being a late season game with the sens fighting for a playoff spot, while the Leafs were probably already eliminated? http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport.../GS021120.HTML My assumption is that it was that game, which would make sense since if I remember correctly the Leafs were already out of the playoff race and they played the Rangers at home that night. http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/GS021119.HTM That's interesting, but yeah, outside of that there's no way that CBC would want to pick up a Sens game over a Leafs game.

You are correct. I remember that game vividly. It was also responsible for this gem:


pepty 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

HNIC is all Leafs all the time until just before the playoffs when it seems they are not going to be part of the show.Then there is a scramble to get a few Sens and/or Habs games on the national broadcast to try and work up a little interest in watching the playoffs without the home team.

This year the schedule was drawn up so that the Sens have only one Saturday prime time game that doesn't include the Leafs,against Philly, the last game of the year, so even if more people wanted to watch the Sens on the national broadcast, there are really no games for them to show.

But even though the Sens may have a struggle to make the playoffs now without Spezza, they are entertaining to watch and there is a lot of interest in Karlsson. It would be fun if the CBC started losing market share because of their Leafs obsession and if Sportsnet picked up good numbers for the Saturday afternoon games that the CBC declined..

Anca18 01-31-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneSteele (Post 58751497)
You are correct. I remember that game vividly. It was also responsible for this gem:


Regretfully, I now remember. :shakehead As if the singing wasn't bad enough, she yells out "let me hear you" in the middle of the damn NATIONAL ANTHEM ON A NATIONAL BROADCAST. This is not a concert, lady. /rant

Rocket Richard 01-31-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeddyp (Post 58750395)
as long as TML exist Ottawa will never get the spotlight consistently..hell I think even if we had Crosby, Karlsson, Stamkos, Lundquvist on the team and the leafs had literally monkeys in leaf uniforms they would elect the leaf game...

TML - Toronto Monkey Leafs....:laugh:

DJB 01-31-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 58750927)
Came here to say this.

The mere thought of Karlsson in a Leaf jersey makes my skin crawl.

Haven't you heard? Rielly >>>>>>>>> Karlsson

tony d 01-31-2013 05:39 PM

Yeah, Toronto and Montreal have such a huge fanbase that you'll never see another team featured nationally on the CBC early game on Saturdays.

Constantine 01-31-2013 05:41 PM

The leaves are Canada's team. :sarcasm:

Kessley Snipes* 01-31-2013 05:52 PM

Your fan base unfortunately is relatively regional. Toronto and Montreal have a National/International fanbase

Do Make Say Think 01-31-2013 06:40 PM

Why does it matter?

We have the internet, we can stream games that are not on CBC or TSN if they are being broadcast somewhere else (most of the time)

The Waffler 01-31-2013 06:51 PM

We're not a large market, in fact, I'd say we're a small market Canadian team. CBC is a business, they need as many views as possible. Don't play the sens at prime time if you want as many views as possible. That's ludicrous.

internetdotcom 01-31-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 58759415)
Haven't you heard? Rielly >>>>>>>>> Karlsson

Ask a Leafs fan, they'll try to convince you that Franson >>>>>>>>>> Karlsson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorseCelt (Post 58762081)
The leaves are Canada's team. :sarcasm:

Not in the playoffs they aren't. Unless its Canada's golf team.

Loose Sens 01-31-2013 08:02 PM

lol, no

CBCnutcase 02-01-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybsad (Post 58750679)
If enough people scream and shout, things can change 3 or 4 years ago, there wasn't even a local broadcast of the Sens games on a Saturday night. Now we see them all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamingo (Post 58750299)
The only HNIC coverage we get this year (even locally!) is for three games versus the Leafs, and one vs. Philly to end the season.

At first glance, our occasional Saturday afternoon games aren't even picked up by CBC.

Da fuq?

Yes the complaining did change things, but the number of Saturday games has dropped. There used to be around 25 Sat. games and that has fallen to about 17. Now with those 17, like Flamingo said, a chunk of those are in the afternoon and not all on HNIC but some on Sportsnet instead where Centre Ice is needed if you're outside the Sens region.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.