HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Two Kings' Prospects make All-CCHA Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=133815)

Ziggy Stardust 03-10-2005 08:29 PM

Two Kings' Prospects make All-CCHA Team
 
Forwards Jeff Tambellini (Michigan) and Scott Parse (Nebraska-Omaha), both prospects of the Los Angeles Kings, have been selected to represent the All-CCHA Team (First Team).

I'd also like to mention that Jordan Sigalet, who happens to be a phenomenal goaltending prospect of the Boston Bruins was selected for the Second All-CCHA Team. He has returned this season from suffering from MS, and I'm glad to see he is getting some recognition. He plays for my alma mater, Bowling Green (where many Kings players have played... Blake, Emerson, Galley, Bylsma, M.Potvin, etc).

Here is the link with the selections... and nominees for the CCHA Scholastic Athletes, http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/03/10_010239.php

Old Hickory 03-10-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Forwards Jeff Tambellini (Michigan) and Scott Parse (Nebraska-Omaha), both prospects of the Los Angeles Kings, have been selected to represent the All-CCHA Team (First Team).

I'd also like to mention that Jordan Sigalet, who happens to be a phenomenal goaltending prospect of the Boston Bruins was selected for the Second All-CCHA Team. He has returned this season from suffering from MS, and I'm glad to see he is getting some recognition. He plays for my alma mater, Bowling Green (where many Kings players have played... Blake, Emerson, Galley, Bylsma, M.Potvin, etc).



Here is the link with the selections... and nominees for the CCHA Scholastic Athletes, http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/03/10_010239.php

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

King'sPawn 03-10-2005 09:13 PM

Do the other college leagues have all- teams?

Just a list of who we have in each:
CCHA:
Tambellini
Parse
Guerin

ECAC:
Sullivan
Baier

Hockey East:
Boyle
Murphy

WCHA
Murray
Curry
Petiot
Zaba

Any of these guys have a chance of making an all- team? Seems Boyle and Zaba would have the best chances, but I don't know the likelihood.

Ziggy Stardust 03-10-2005 09:18 PM

All of them usually announce their selections for the All-Conference teams some time towards the end of the season. I believe The Hockey News also includes these selections in their annual draft preview edition.

Ziggy Stardust 03-10-2005 09:24 PM

Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html

AnThGrt 03-10-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html

Thx

Dooney 03-10-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html

Very cool. Thanks! :handclap:

Matt13 03-11-2005 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html



On the second goal, can you say "Jason Allison"?


Nice!

Reaper45 03-11-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt13
On the second goal, can you say "Jason Allison"?


Nice!

I had the same thought.

Venom_17 03-11-2005 01:23 AM

Great clips, thanks for that!

Albi 03-11-2005 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I had the same thought.

Same here...;)

Among the selected players, Parse is the leading points getter.

Old Hickory 03-11-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Same here...;)

Among the selected players, Parse is the leading points getter.

As of this momebnt, Parse and Tambellini are tied

Quote:

Jeff Tambellini, Jr, F, UM 36 18 29 47 1.31
Scott Parse, So, F, UNO 36 18 29 47 1.31
Of course, it will change tonight

Sam 03-11-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
As of this momebnt, Parse and Tambellini are tied



Of course, it will change tonight

I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.
Quote:

First Team

Forwards
T.J. Hensick, Michigan (10 First Place Votes, 50 Points)
Jeff Tambellini, Michigan (7, 45)
Scott Parse, Nebraska-Omaha (10, 53)

Defensemen
Nathan Oystrick, Northern Michigan (4, 32)
Andy Greene, Miami (8, 49)

Goaltender
Tuomas Tarkki, Northern Michigan (6, 45)

Oilers Chick 03-11-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Do the other college leagues have all- teams?

Just a list of who we have in each:
CCHA:
Tambellini
Parse
Guerin

ECAC:
Sullivan
Baier

Hockey East:
Boyle
Murphy

WCHA
Murray
Curry
Petiot
Zaba

Any of these guys have a chance of making an all- team? Seems Boyle and Zaba would have the best chances, but I don't know the likelihood.

The CCHA players along with Boyle and Zaba have the best chances. Murray and Curry have missed significant time due to injuries. Petiot's been playing really well down the stretch, but he's going to have a tough time beating out guys like Carle and Skinner for the defensemen honors.

Murphy hasn't had the year that has everyone talking, so I doubt that he's going to get any consideration. Same with Mike Sullivan.

Paul Baier might get consideration for the ECAC's All-Rookie Team, but my guess is his teammate Sean Hurley is likely to get the nod over him since Hurley's had a better year.

Albi 03-11-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.

Exactly...Thanx Sam ;)

Ehi KJ...:p:

:D J/K

Old Hickory 03-11-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.

Whoops!

Ziggy Stardust 03-12-2005 05:45 AM

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/video/0405/0304bo2.mov

A longer clip of the Boyle wrap-around goal. He displays how he can use his size to his advantage and create space for himself, even with a defenseman all over him.
My opinion... if he can develop some strength and improve on his balance and coordination, he will be quite a powerful and intimidating forward that can wear down opposing defenseman. If he can use his big frame more often, and take advantage of his long reach... in a few years, Boyle could fill out to be a Keith Primeau type center the Kings definitely could use.
Remember that he is only a sophomore, a couple of years removed from high school! Just keep that in mind.

Albi 03-12-2005 05:52 AM

Thanx once again Ziggy!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.