HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Alternate Captain History (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1338219)

Perro 01-31-2013 03:22 PM

Alternate Captain History
 
Hey everyone, I am looking for some help.
I am having issues in finding the kings Alternate Captain History. H can find their Captain history but not the A's.
Basically I am wanting to put pallfy on one of my older jerseys and I am uncertain if he held the A during the time the team used the Jersey. The Jersey is from 99-2002.
Thank you in advance

Whiskeypete 01-31-2013 03:39 PM

did you check Getty images to see if they have any pictures to verify?

not sure of any sites, or data that track the A captains

EmperorPenguin 01-31-2013 04:01 PM

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/it...YjKomHi5zs.jpg

These were worn from 1999-2002. If you have that jersey, the black version or the purple with the crown on it then it should be accurate. Hope that helps.

Perro 01-31-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin (Post 58760081)
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/it...YjKomHi5zs.jpg

These were worn from 1999-2002. If you have that jersey, the black version or the purple with the crown on it then it should be accurate. Hope that helps.

Thank you!!
It's the purple third.

Julius Caesar Milan 01-31-2013 05:09 PM

I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era

Perro 01-31-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dingo (Post 58763557)
I don't think Palffy ever worse a letter during those years. Blake Was the captain until late in the '01 season with Luc, Norstrom, and Lapperiere as the As

Palffy wore letters late in the Andy Murray era

I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.

RonSwanson* 01-31-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58764167)
I was under the impression he didn't either but that picture seems to prove otherwise.

Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?

redcard 01-31-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 58764337)
Okay so he "might" have worn it for one game as an injury replacement. Do you really want a jersey with an A on it if he rarely if ever wore it?

Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.

RonSwanson* 02-01-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcard (Post 58774035)
Also aren't a lot of trading card pictures taken in the preseason? If so Palffy likely would have worn letters in preseason games when the regular alternates weren't playing.

Good point.

I seem to recall a game or two when Robitaille was the Captain, but you know it would be stupid to get a C on a Robitaille jersey.

JureEe 02-01-2013 01:32 AM

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12627

Whiskeypete 02-01-2013 07:59 AM

can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.

Perro 02-01-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeypete (Post 58817663)
can't believe he's still playing. i swear some of those Euro leagues are the equivalent of the old man-rec-beer leagues here, except they get paid and have fans.

I think he is sitll putting up good numbers too. When he left the pens he was averaging more than a point a game.

nocturn 02-01-2013 01:11 PM

He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!

Perro 02-01-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturn (Post 58832837)
He absolutely wore the "A" for the first half of the 03-04 season before he busted up his shoulder...again. Matty got injured earlier in the season, and everyone bumped up the hiarchy chain including Ziggy. He also wore it a hand full of times in the 02-03 season.

C'mon peeps! That was in the middle of that gawdawful 3 seasons of 500+, 600+, and 800+ man games lost to injury from 02-03 thru 05-06. I think eyeryone and their grandpa wore the A at some point. So I can honestly say he absolutely wore the A on many occations in his last few seasons as a King.

Wear your Palffy Alternate Capt Jersey with pride!

First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

nocturn 02-01-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58833439)
First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

Ahh! I see. My bad.

Nope, I dont belive he wore an "A" prior to 02-03. As I now actually READ what you wrote. :sarcasm:

nocturn 02-01-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 58812439)
Good point.

I seem to recall a game or two when Robitaille was the Captain, but you know it would be stupid to get a C on a Robitaille jersey.

What? No love for half of the 92-93 season while Lil Wayne was kick'n back in his Orthopedic recliner? ;)

nocturn 02-01-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58833439)
First I wear every kings jersey with pride haha.
Second this jersey was only used till the end of the 01-02 season...prior to the dates you have listed.

What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.
http://a.espncdn.com/media/nhl/2002/.../s_ziggy_i.jpg

I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...9j7OTXQB9DCekQ

Just a thought.

EmperorPenguin 02-01-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturn (Post 58834275)
What? No love for half of the 92-93 season while Lil Wayne was kick'n back in his Orthopedic recliner? ;)


I've got a Kurri jersey from that year with the "A" he wore while Gretz was out. Favorite jersey I own!

nocturn 02-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin (Post 58836089)
I've got a Kurri jersey from that year with the "A" he wore while Gretz was out. Favorite jersey I own!

Nice. I have a home Granato, away Coffey w/A, and a beat to hell Donnelly from way back yonder. Only one I still wear once in a great while is the Tony G. Still one of my all time favs behind Butch and Marcel.

Perro 02-01-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturn (Post 58834841)
What you should do is dump the "A" patch idea and go "AM" and "All-Star" patches on a Palffy.
http://a.espncdn.com/media/nhl/2002/.../s_ziggy_i.jpg

I have the same jersey as you in a Deadmarsh 28 with those patches. Its pretty tight looking.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...9j7OTXQB9DCekQ

Just a thought.

I also have the white jersey that you have in those pictures with no name or number on it.
This year I am not buying any jerseys or anything due to the lockout. However instead I am going to tkae that money and spend on some of my older jerseys to get them nameed and numbered.
I am goign to live in my bubble that Jersey City or Pro Hockey Life gets those revenues and not the NHL.
I wonder if those stores would even have those patches.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.