HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo-Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1338511)

CraniumCram 01-31-2013 09:53 PM

Buffalo-Dallas
 
Morrow for Leopold.
I heard _allas needs D, and we can afford to give up Leo.
Our wing depth isn't terrific, and I know its cliche, but maybe Morrow could use a change of scenery.
Talk about it.

Vankiller Whale 01-31-2013 09:59 PM

With the way Dallas fans have been shopping Morrow lately, I'd think it would be a yes.

MetalGodAOD 01-31-2013 10:15 PM

Absolutely.

CraniumCram 01-31-2013 10:19 PM

Good. Now what?

New Sabres Captain 01-31-2013 10:22 PM

I'd do it. Allow us to keep Hecht as a 4th line center.

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Foligno-Grigorenko-Morrow
Gerbe-Hecht-Ellis/Scott

Then when Leino (and Kaleta) come back, there's gonna be a numbers game, but it can be figured out then. I don't really like losing the D depth, but having Pardy and no re-entry waivers is a nice insurance at that point. Then again, Leopold isn't really providing any depth with his ****** play lately.

Modo 01-31-2013 10:27 PM

Absolutely.

Great deal for the Stars, sets up Brenden with his good pal Otter again and gets him the hell off my favourite team. :laugh:

Oh, wait, and we even get a d-man out of the deal too? Bonus! :D

CraniumCram 01-31-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 58795467)
I'd do it. Allow us to keep Hecht as a 4th line center.

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Ennis-Stafford
Foligno-Grigorenko-Morrow
Gerbe-Hecht-Ellis/Scott

Then when Leino (and Kaleta) come back, there's gonna be a numbers game, but it can be figured out then. I don't really like losing the D depth, but having Pardy and no re-entry waivers is a nice insurance at that point. Then again, Leopold isn't really providing any depth with his ****** play lately.

That is a sick third line. We could also switch Ott and Foligno and let the former teammates play together with Grigs.

CRSeven 01-31-2013 10:30 PM

I really like this trade.

stokes84 01-31-2013 10:34 PM

Is Morrow that despised right now? Leopold couldn't be worse at the moment.

CraniumCram 01-31-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stokes84 (Post 58796789)
Is Morrow that despised right now? Leopold couldn't be worse at the moment.

Both of them are, thats the point, shake things up.

Rune Forumwalker 01-31-2013 10:37 PM

Where do we sign to get this done?

JOHNBOY 01-31-2013 10:37 PM

Are Stars fans aware of how bad Leo has been thus far????

MetalGodAOD 01-31-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY (Post 58797093)
Are Stars fans aware of how bad Leo has been thus far????

Are Sabres fans aware that Morrow is playing on our 4th line and looks out of place there?

tsujimoto74 01-31-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY (Post 58797093)
Are Stars fans aware of how bad Leo has been thus far????

Morrow's been just as poor. That's what make it fair. ;)

LatvianTwist 01-31-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY (Post 58797093)
Are Stars fans aware of how bad Leo has been thus far????

Are Sabres' fans aware of how bad Morrow has been for the past two years?

BigG44 01-31-2013 11:13 PM

I don't see Dallas doing this trade. Trading Morrow, even though I personally feel it should be done for the best of the team, would represent a full rebuild from GM Joe Nieuwendyk.

It's not realistic for a rebuilding team to trade one UFA for another UFA. He'll be looking for future assets like picks, prospects, or young players.

I wouldn't get excited about Dallas fans agreeing with a Morrow proposal. I include myself in this group, but most just want to see Morrow gone so they'll say yes to anything.

Seriously considering this though from what we know about Joe Nieuwendyk, this just doesn't make a ton of sense.

Rivet52 01-31-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 58800781)
I don't see Dallas doing this trade. Trading Morrow, even though I personally feel it should be done for the best of the team, would represent a full rebuild from GM Joe Nieuwendyk.

It's not realistic for a rebuilding team to trade one UFA for another UFA. He'll be looking for future assets like picks, prospects, or young players.

I wouldn't get excited about Dallas fans agreeing with a Morrow proposal. I include myself in this group, but most just want to see Morrow gone so they'll say yes to anything.

Seriously considering this though from what we know about Joe Nieuwendyk, this just doesn't make a ton of sense.

While I agree most "rentals" fetch that kind of a return at the trade deadline, which is more than likely when Morrow will be moved if he is, I can't imagine him returning any significant futures unless his play drastically improves and his value thus increases. If the trade deadline was today and the Stars wanted to shop Morrow, I'm sure they'd find a taker but the return would be minimal. I'd expect an alright prospect or a third or fourth at MOST for him right now; I think the third is a stretch honestly. His value is at an all-time low. If we were talking about this a few years ago, you'd have teams lining up to trade a first or second and a prospect for the guy, but he's nowhere near what he used to be unfortunately.

I think this proposal does help both teams. I don't see Dallas panicking to rebuild two weeks into the season, even if it's a shortened one. Same goes for Buffalo. Both teams are what, a win out of eighth? It's far too tight to declare any team out and judging by what Dallas did in the offseason, a rebuild in the near future is not in their plans; they intend to make the playoffs this season. Also, how does trading Morrow signal a rebuild? He's been one of the worst players on the team for about two years now and besides being the captain, holds little value in the success of the Stars. If Dallas can get some value for him and improve their team to make a playoff run this year, why hold onto him when odds are you don't get a significant return at the deadline assuming you're out of it and he continues to play poorly and that he won't be re-signed anyway. I'd assume making a trade to try to get someone to come in and help the team now would be a smart move. Again, I don't see Dallas rebuilding now.

Leopold has been equally as terrible as Morrow really. He and Myers have safely been our worst two defensemen this year so far. But both teams could use a small shake-up and this proposal addresses a need for both sides. I'd do it but although I'd love Morrow to come in here and be a huge difference-maker, I've grown to accept that he's not the player he used to be and that happening could be a big stretch. Regardless, I'd take him. If he gets some of his game back he'd make us better. Leopold has shown he can play way better than he has too. Both teams would make a small tweak and hope it helps them. If not, both players walk July 1st.

LatvianTwist 02-01-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 58804607)
While I agree most "rentals" fetch that kind of a return at the trade deadline, which is more than likely when Morrow will be moved if he is, I can't imagine him returning any significant futures unless his play drastically improves and his value thus increases. If the trade deadline was today and the Stars wanted to shop Morrow, I'm sure they'd find a taker but the return would be minimal. I'd expect an alright prospect or a third or fourth at MOST for him right now; I think the third is a stretch honestly. His value is at an all-time low. If we were talking about this a few years ago, you'd have teams lining up to trade a first or second and a prospect for the guy, but he's nowhere near what he used to be unfortunately.

I think this proposal does help both teams. I don't see Dallas panicking to rebuild two weeks into the season, even if it's a shortened one. Same goes for Buffalo. Both teams are what, a win out of eighth? It's far too tight to declare any team out and judging by what Dallas did in the offseason, a rebuild in the near future is not in their plans; they intend to make the playoffs this season. Also, how does trading Morrow signal a rebuild? He's been one of the worst players on the team for about two years now and besides being the captain, holds little value in the success of the Stars. If Dallas can get some value for him and improve their team to make a playoff run this year, why hold onto him when odds are you don't get a significant return at the deadline assuming you're out of it and he continues to play poorly and that he won't be re-signed anyway. I'd assume making a trade to try to get someone to come in and help the team now would be a smart move. Again, I don't see Dallas rebuilding now.

Leopold has been equally as terrible as Morrow really. He and Myers have safely been our worst two defensemen this year so far. But both teams could use a small shake-up and this proposal addresses a need for both sides. I'd do it but although I'd love Morrow to come in here and be a huge difference-maker, I've grown to accept that he's not the player he used to be and that happening could be a big stretch. Regardless, I'd take him. If he gets some of his game back he'd make us better. Leopold has shown he can play way better than he has too. Both teams would make a small tweak and hope it helps them. If not, both players walk July 1st.

We'll take Myers too if you want Ryder as well. We kind of have a thing for terrible defensemen. :sarcasm:

La Cosa Nostra 02-01-2013 12:50 AM

I'd gladly do this.I would even add a 3rd on Buffalo's side.Morrow would provide excellent physicality and leadership on the 3rd line.

McTank 02-01-2013 01:07 AM

Alright so we got a deal... Who's making the trade call?

glovesave_35 02-01-2013 01:14 AM

As much as I want Morrow gone we don't need another body on defense. Stars fans are generally unhappy with how little time our young guys are getting. I don't really want Buffalo's problem D-man to just add another hurdle for our young guys.

Djp 02-01-2013 01:20 AM

It looks like Morrow's contract is done after this year. their Salaries arent that much different so it wont threaten the cap.

I would do this trade.

i may want to do a 2 for 2 trade where what Buffalo gets back is a minor league player or a draft pick to eliviate their roster issue.

They need to move someone (Possibly McCormick). Ellis can be sent down to AHL and clear waivers.

McCormick and Leino are both on IR so they need to move to players off the roster...either those two or 2 of the other 23.

BinCookin 02-01-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 58791655)
Morrow for Leopold.
I heard _allas needs D, and we can afford to give up Leo.
Our wing depth isn't terrific, and I know its cliche, but maybe Morrow could use a change of scenery.
Talk about it.

Best proposal I have seen on HF boards yet. Thoughtful and plausible.

Most fans would just agree to dump their player, and gamble on another player getting better.

Mr Misty 02-01-2013 03:28 AM

No take backsies etc.

HiddenInLight 02-01-2013 07:45 AM

I would feel bad inflicting Jordan on the ice and a direct cause of all 4 Boston Goals last night Leopold on somebody else, but if they want him id do the deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.