HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal and Calgary swap (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339025)

Beendair Donedat 02-01-2013 11:51 AM

Montreal and Calgary swap
 
To Calgary: Yannick Weber

To Montreal: Cory Sarich

Flames get a nice young puck moving defenseman with a great shot who is caught behind too many similar types in Montreal.

Habs get a physical right handed defenseman that will give them some size and muscle on the back end.

Habsawce 02-01-2013 11:52 AM

MTL has a lot of defenseman better than Sarich and Weber, like 9-10 of them.

If they are going to move Weber it would be for a pick or a forward piece.

DBU 02-01-2013 11:52 AM

Deal.

SeriousHabs 02-01-2013 11:55 AM

I don't see the point of swapping our pressbox player.

Blind Gardien 02-01-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 58828247)
MTL has a lot of defenseman better than Sarich and Weber, like 9-10 of them.

If they are going to move Weber it would be for a pick or a forward piece.

? Weber is 8th in Montreal. Although not sure that's any different than 7th. The Habs need to move Kaberle for a pick (if at all possible - may not be), but they also still need another D around if that happens. That would be Weber. But if you could trade him for a different type of defenseman like Sarich, it would probably make sense.

Weber/Sarich is ok with me. I'd like to see Weber get a chance somewhere too. As long as it doesn't leave us short - a trade for a pick would leave us short. A trade for Sarich would fit pretty well.

TheHudlinator 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

I'd pass, I would rather a pick for Sarich and we don't need anymore offensive defensemen.

Adirondack Flames 02-01-2013 12:00 PM

Pass, would rather move Sarich for a 2nd+ at the deadline. Puck moving defensemen isn't exactly something the Flames are lacking at the moment with Wideman, Bouwmeester, Giordano and Brodie.

Habsawce 02-01-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 58828623)
? Weber is 8th in Montreal. Although not sure that's any different than 7th. The Habs need to move Kaberle for a pick (if at all possible - may not be), but they also still need another D around if that happens. That would be Weber. But if you could trade him for a different type of defenseman like Sarich, it would probably make sense.

Weber/Sarich is ok with me. I'd like to see Weber get a chance somewhere too. As long as it doesn't leave us short - a trade for a pick would leave us short. A trade for Sarich would fit pretty well.

St-Denis, Kaberle, Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis can all do what Weber does or better IMO.

Blind Gardien 02-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 58829167)
St-Denis, Kaberle, Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis can all do what Weber does or better IMO.

Heh, well in terms of sitting in the pressbox, undoubtedly. But I don't think we want them sitting in the pressbox, most of them. On the ice, Weber is better than all but (arguably) Kaberle. In the pressbox, he, Kaberle, and St-Denis are all essentially equivalent. On their paycheques, Weber and St-Denis have a big advantage over Kaberle.

It all adds up to Weber being a reasonable #7 if/when Kaberle could be moved. St-Denis is his only real competition. But a team won't have every D-man healthy all season long either, so there will be ample room for both of them to get chances at some point, be it on the ice or in the pressbox. Meanwhile the prospects have to keep playing every game and getting better icetime in Hamilton.

Status quo is fine until something changes, see how our guys hold up and how the marketplace evolves. Doesn't sound like Calgary would be a fit for Weber.

Analyzer 02-01-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 58829167)
St-Denis, Kaberle, Tinordi, Beaulieu and Ellis can all do what Weber does or better IMO.

They can't. Not that type of player.

3rdEye 02-01-2013 04:44 PM

I'd do that deal.

HABSFTW 02-01-2013 05:13 PM

Don't need either on the blue line right now, so if you are going to be in the press box, I would rather the 850K cap hit rather the 2 million one.

canadianeh 02-02-2013 07:33 AM

Cap/Habs don't need another D.

I'd do Kaberle for Sarich though. lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.