HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Possible Scenario suggestion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339031)

Phil68 02-01-2013 11:57 AM

Possible Scenario suggestion

Penguins have a lot of defensemens in their pipeline, and we need a good foward, i was thinking here Montreal have an overflow of young centers... Seems Lars Eller might not have any playing time due to Galchenyuck, Desharnais and Plekanecs playing center.... What do you think we could give up to get Eller?

Guins71 02-01-2013 12:08 PM

In my Opinion, this team needs a Winger that is a right handed shot. The one i would prefer is Bobby Ryan. Iginla would be nice if the Pens didn't have to give up too much. Pierre Mcquire mentioned Kessel with Crosby the other day. If they could get one of those 3 guys without giving up any of Malkin, Crosby, Neal, or any of the core D that played last night along with Niskanen, I'd be happy. This PP needs a right handed shot down low.

AEKaki 02-01-2013 12:14 PM

No disrespect here, I'm from Montreal, and all I can say is that Eller is not a good hockey player. I wouldn't give a 5th rouder for him.
He's not an offensive threat, and his defensive game needs a lot of work.
As you also know and clearly advertised on RDS, he's very lazy.

Sutter and Vitale are far better.
Center position is not a problem.

Phil68 02-01-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guins71 (Post 58829201)
In my Opinion, this team needs a Winger that is a right handed shot. The one i would prefer is Bobby Ryan. Iginla would be nice if the Pens didn't have to give up too much. Pierre Mcquire mentioned Kessel with Crosby the other day. If they could get one of those 3 guys without giving up any of Malkin, Crosby, Neal, or any of the core D that played last night along with Niskanen, I'd be happy. This PP needs a right handed shot down low.

I don't think we have the right pieces to get Kessel, Iginla, and Bobby Ryan. But Eller trading Morrow and Tangradi i can see it being done

Phil68 02-01-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEKaki (Post 58829529)
No disrespect here, I'm from Montreal, and all I can say is that Eller is not a good hockey player. I wouldn't give a 5th rouder for him.
He's not an offensive threat, and his defensive game needs a lot of work.
As you also know and clearly advertised on RDS, he's very lazy.

Sutter and Vitale are far better.
Center position is not a problem.

Weird i listen to Tsn.ca radio and they think highly of him in MTL

Shockmaster 02-01-2013 12:26 PM

Eller is a center is he not? The Penguins a) don't need one, and b) not every center can switch to wing easily.

Sidney the Kidney 02-01-2013 12:39 PM

Of all the positions in hockey, the center ice position is the last one we need to address, and certainly the last one we should be giving up assets to acquire.

Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Vitale. Add to that, a prospect like Jeffrey is also a natural center, and if need be, Adams can play 4th line center as well. It's the one position that I have zero doubts about.

Top six wingers, now that's another story ...

Phil68 02-01-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney (Post 58831007)
Of all the positions in hockey, the center ice position is the last one we need to address, and certainly the last one we should be giving up assets to acquire.

Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Vitale. Add to that, a prospect like Jeffrey is also a natural center, and if need be, Adams can play 4th line center as well. It's the one position that I have zero doubts about.

Top six wingers, now that's another story ...

So you guys don't think he could play Wing?

Shockmaster 02-01-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil68 (Post 58831129)

Most centers don't make good wingers. So no.

Sidney the Kidney 02-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

I don't know, maybe he can. But why take a chance? Use whatever assets to acquire an actual scoring winger, rather than acquiring another center and trying to convert him to the wing.

TorstenFrings 02-01-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

I really do not know, but which D prospect would you bet on a hunch that he can? This just doesn`t seem like the trade to make now.

Bengui 02-01-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Why would trade for a center and hope he plays wing rather than trading for a winger ?!

Malkinstheman 02-01-2013 09:01 PM

I think a package like Maata,veilluex, bluger,tangradi, jeffrey, 20141st, 20132nd would be able to get bobby ryan.. Overpayment or underpayment? Most of the players are scraps ..

Shockmaster 02-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkinstheman (Post 58861577)
I think a package like Maata,veilluex, bluger,tangradi, jeffrey, 20141st, 20132nd would be able to get bobby ryan.. Overpayment or underpayment? Most of the players are scraps ..

"Trade all our bad players for all their good players!"

Would be nice, but not happening.

Bengui 02-02-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkinstheman (Post 58861577)

Why in all of my whys would they take our scrap for free and give us something worthy in exchange ?!

Riptide 02-02-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengui (Post 58886043)
Why in all of my whys would they take our scrap for free and give us something worthy in exchange ?!

The recycling center does that with my empties... :sarcasm:

Darth Vitale 02-02-2013 02:39 PM

No offense to the OP but this thread is going nowhere. The Penguins have no need of a C, especially one who isn't that good, in the blind hopes that he can transition to wing.