HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OT: NHL Game Centre in Ontario (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339159)

Bruins4Ever 02-01-2013 02:29 PM

OT: NHL Game Centre in Ontario

Do any Bruins fans have NHL Game Centre for Bruins games in Ontario? The games aren't blacked out here, are they? From my understanding, it's only in-market games that are unavailable.

Does NHL Game Centre grab the NESN feed?

Any help on this, and whether or not Game Centre is worthwhile would be great! I looked at NHL Centre Ice on my cable, but it's not available as a stand-alone, and has to be purchased with a NASCAR, NCAA, etc. package, which I couldn't care less about.

DoubleAAAA 02-01-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever (Post 58837335)
Do any Bruins fans have NHL Game Centre for Bruins games in Ontario? The games aren't blacked out here, are they? From my understanding, it's only in-market games that are unavailable.

Does NHL Game Centre grab the NESN feed?

Any help on this, and whether or not Game Centre is worthwhile would be great! I looked at NHL Centre Ice on my cable, but it's not available as a stand-alone, and has to be purchased with a NASCAR, NCAA, etc. package, which I couldn't care less about.

Any Nationally televised games will also be blacked out. Basically if you can get it on TV in your area, (TSN, CBC, LeafsTV, Sportsnet) it will be blacked out.

Alternatively you can use Game Center in conjunction with a proxy service like Unblock US and avoid any black out issues.

Bruins4Ever 02-01-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA (Post 58837487)
Any Nationally televised games will also be blacked out. Basically if you can get it on TV in your area, (TSN, CBC, LeafsTV, Sportsnet) it will be blacked out.

Alternatively you can use Game Center in conjunction with a proxy service like Unblock US and avoid any black out issues.

That's good... sounds like I can get most of the Bruins NESN games!

DoubleAAAA 02-01-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever (Post 58837773)

It really is a solid service. If you have Apple TV or Xbox 360, the app for both of those is really smooth, I like the 360 one in particular.

Bruins4Ever 02-01-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA (Post 58838147)
It really is a solid service. If you have Apple TV or Xbox 360, the app for both of those is really smooth, I like the 360 one in particular.

Yeah I've got the PS3, so I've been checking some reviews out online. Looks like a solid service.

Thanks for the help.

ripley 02-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever (Post 58837773)

So far, for me, having Game Center on Shaw Direct in Eastern ON i've been able to get approx half the games with NESN feed and the other half is other team's feed.
Haven't had any games blacked out of Game Center yet...but it looks like tonight it'll only be on CBC. Only 1 game not HD so far (Devils game on MSG+).