HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Matt Read (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339165)

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 03:44 PM

Matt Read

What do you think it would take to acquire Matt Read?

I am a Rangers fan and think his speed and goal scoring would be a huge help. Obviously the likelihood of anything happening between NYR and Philly is next to nothing, unless Philly are out of the playoff race at the deadline. However, I am still interested in hearing what kind of value Read has to other teams in terms of player swaps, draft picks, etc.

Thanks for the input.

CreeksideStrangler 02-01-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sweetness (Post 58838131)
What do you think it would take to acquire Matt Read?

I am a Rangers fan and think his speed and goal scoring would be a huge help. Obviously the likelihood of anything happening between NYR and Philly is next to nothing, unless Philly are out of the playoff race at the deadline. However, I am still interested in hearing what kind of value Read has to other teams in terms of player swaps, draft picks, etc.

Thanks for the input.

Speculation? sounds like value of:

StevensCakeBakerBacker 02-01-2013 03:53 PM

Something based around Hank.

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler (Post 58838285)
Speculation? sounds like value of:

Ha, thanks. You are correct.

PayItForward 02-01-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker (Post 58838727)

Seems reasonable.

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker (Post 58838727)

Oh, a comedian has joined the thread.

Philadelphia Ducks 02-01-2013 04:36 PM

We really can't afford to be giving up young scorers on cheap contracts. Our offense can't afford to be giving up anyone.

flyershockey 02-01-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 58841035)
We really can't afford to be giving up young scorers on cheap contracts. Our offense can't afford to be giving up anyone.

Pretty much this, but they're also not going to give the Rangers anything that's going to help them.

Purely hypothetical... If the Flyers are out and the Rangers are looking for someone at the deadline, I would consider something around Skjei. It's a position of strength for the Rangers and another scoring winger could be the ticket to a deeper run.

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 58841035)

Any thoughts on what might be fair compensation if you could move Read?

Beef Invictus 02-01-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sweetness (Post 58842109)
Any thoughts on what might be fair compensation if you could move Read?

In the tradition of Flyers fans offering Read in every deal for star players, I think that Callahan and/or Lundqvist should do.

In all seriousness, I don't know. Looking at your roster I'm not sure you have any pieces that benefit us that we would get without us adding...and we can't really give up any more players, prospects, or picks.

HighOFFHockey 02-01-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 58842317)
In the tradition of Flyers fans offering Read in every deal for star players, I think that Callahan and/or Lundqvist should do.

In all seriousness, I don't know. Looking at your roster I'm not sure you have any pieces that benefit us that we would get without us adding...and we can't really give up any more players, prospects, or picks.

This. /Thread. Trade would never happen between the two teams anyway.

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey (Post 58844469)
This. /Thread. Trade would never happen between the two teams anyway.

Perhaps you missed the part where I wrote that a trade between NYR and Philly is unlikely but that I was interested in hearing what kind of value Matt Read has for other teams interested in him?

Quote:

However, I am still interested in hearing what kind of value Read has to other teams in terms of player swaps, draft picks, etc.

The Sweetness 02-01-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey (Post 58842071)
Pretty much this, but they're also not going to give the Rangers anything that's going to help them.

Purely hypothetical... If the Flyers are out and the Rangers are looking for someone at the deadline, I would consider something around Skjei. It's a position of strength for the Rangers and another scoring winger could be the ticket to a deeper run.

You think Skjei or a prospect or that caliber would be enough to get Read?

AfroThunder396 02-01-2013 06:06 PM

The odds of a NJ/PHI trade are just as bad as the odds of a NYR/PHI trade, but valuewise what do Flyers fans think about a Read/Fayne deal?

Jtown 02-01-2013 06:09 PM

Read is really underrated. When you throw in the contract too he is extremely valuable to anybody especially teams that are capped out.

he scored 25 goals last year as a 3rd liner. Who else in the league does that?

Id love for philly to get oleksiak somehow in a deal for read

or Read to colorado for Siemans and a 2nd.

Dharvey33 02-01-2013 06:16 PM

Seriously i like Read he would look good on the habs.

What about a deal around Eller for Read?

MillarWithASave 02-01-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dharvey33 (Post 58845565)

This does not add up.

flyershockey 02-01-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sweetness (Post 58845093)
You think Skjei or a prospect or that caliber would be enough to get Read?

Eh, I'm not awesome at judging a player's value, but maybe. I would prefer somebody like Girardi, but Read alone wouldn't be enough to get him. The Rangers wouldn't want futures for a cup run, and the flyers can't afford to lose that much NHL talent from the roster.

Philadelphia Ducks 02-01-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dharvey33 (Post 58845565)

This isn't even close to what Read would fetch.
Where does Eller fit in the Philly line at all?

dkny1121* 02-01-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 58845251)
Read is really underrated. When you throw in the contract too he is extremely valuable to anybody especially teams that are capped out.

24 goals, and he played 17 minutes a night.

Must be the first NHL player in history to play 17 minutes a night on the third line

Jray42 02-01-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1121 (Post 58851479)

Must be the first NHL player in history to play 17 minutes a night on the third line

Jagr, Hartnell, Voracek and Simmonds/Schenn were our top 6 wingers last year. JVR too, when he wasn't hurt.

Read was on the top PK with Couturier last year. I think he got some 2nd unit PP time, IIRC, which is why he had a lot of TOI.

Philadelphia Ducks 02-01-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mach1121 (Post 58851479)

probably not, considering he PK'd all the time too.

Hero 02-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jray42 (Post 58851917)
Jagr, Hartnell, Voracek and Simmonds/Schenn were our top 6 wingers last year. JVR too, when he wasn't hurt.

Read was on the top PK with Couturier last year. I think he got some 2nd unit PP time, IIRC, which is why he had a lot of TOI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 58851977)
probably not, considering he PK'd all the time too.

Read Mins/PG
SH: 2:35
PP: 2:25
ES: 12:03
Total: 17:03 4th on team

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A

Read's most regular line mates are Briere - Simmonds, then Schenn - Simmonds, then Voracek - Talbot

He seems to have been used as a 2nd/3rd line tweener

dj33habs 02-01-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 58850129)
This isn't even close to what Read would fetch.
Where does Eller fit in the Philly line at all?

Ahhh..... What u been smoking ellers value is ummm...... Halak but wait that give the flyers a goalie ..... Bahahaha

Steve Bennett* 02-01-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 58845251)

That's for sure. I love the Reader, the guy is money. Watching him last year he brings a lot to the table more than just points as well. Can't believe he's 26 but I reckon he has a bright future ahead of him. If I were the Flyers I'd hang on to him unless something ridiculous was coming the other way...