HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Penner out of the doghouse, who goes in? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339317)

Ron* 02-01-2013 06:06 PM

Penner out of the doghouse, who goes in?
 
Dustin Penner escapes Kings' doghouse, set to play against Ducks

Buddy The Elf 02-01-2013 06:14 PM

Penner will eat their children!

Ziggy Stardust 02-01-2013 06:17 PM

I thought Gagne looked good playing with Richards and Carter. Honestly, I'm none too pleased with the play of Justin Williams of late. He's been turning the puck over a lot, as has Kopitar. But the Kings won't be sitting any of those guys down (nor should they) so the odd man out unfortunately has to be one of Dwight King or Simon Gagne.

RonSwanson* 02-01-2013 06:19 PM

Skating lines today, per Jim Fox:

Quote:

#LAKings practice lines/pairs 23-11-14/25-10-77/12-15-28-22/13-74-24-71///7-8/27-26/6-44/47--33 not skating in regular practice
Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Richardson-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-King-Fraser-Nolan

Scuderi-Doughty
Martinez-Voynov
Muzzin-Drewiske

damacles1156 02-01-2013 06:28 PM

I am starting to wonder how long the Kings keep Lewis on the Third line...

Lewis can no longer be a black hole for offense, And receive that amount of minutes.

Same goes for Stoll/King. The Kings may need an entire new third line.

Reaper45 02-01-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 58849305)
I am starting to wonder how long the Kings keep Lewis on the Third line...

Lewis can no longer be a black hole for offense, And receive that amount of minutes.

Same goes for Stoll/King. The Kings may need an entire new third line.

Lewis turns it on in the playoffs. I could care less about regular season points for him.

Maybe try this

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Clifford
Nolan-Fraser-Lewis
King

Odd combo but try it out.

johnjm22 02-01-2013 06:40 PM

I would like to see a third line of Clifford-Stoll-Nolan. Clifford and Nolan are clear upgrades over Lewis/King IMO.

I still think DL should be looking into moving King while his value is somewhat inflated.

Reaper45 02-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 58850099)
I would like to see a third line of Clifford-Stoll-Nolan. Clifford and Nolan are clear upgrades over Lewis/King IMO.

I still think DL should be looking into moving King while his value is somewhat inflated.

I would too. Probably nab a solid young dman for him.

Muzzinga 02-01-2013 06:47 PM

Lewis can at least pk

Dwight King come on down to the doghouse

johnjm22 02-01-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 58850279)
I would too. Probably nab a solid young dman for him.

Yep.

I've said this before, but a lot of teams would love to have a young, cheap, big bodied forward, that was a starter for the SC champs and scored some big goals. His trade value could be surprisingly high.

In reality, King doesn't bring enough energy/grit/defense to the bottom 6, and can't score enough for a top 6 role.

KingCanadain1976 02-01-2013 07:05 PM

Defensively lewis is great but the posters saying he needs to be contribting more is totally right. If it was up to me nolon would be on the 3rd line and lewis does the pk and 4th line mins. Has penner ever played right wing might be a idea to try him on the 3rd line

Ziggy Stardust 02-01-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58852249)
Defensively lewis is great but the posters saying he needs to be contribting more is totally right. If it was up to me nolon would be on the 3rd line and lewis does the pk and 4th line mins. Has penner ever played right wing might be a idea to try him on the 3rd line

Penner has played some RW in the past.

KingCanadain1976 02-01-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 58856633)
Penner has played some RW in the past.

ok then i see the lines like this
brown kopitar williams
clifford richards carter
gagne stoll penner
king fraser lewis


this is a nicely blanced lined combo imo

johnjm22 02-01-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58857953)
ok then i see the lines like this
brown kopitar williams
clifford richards carter
gagne stoll penner
king fraser lewis


this is a nicely blanced lined combo imo

Nolan is better than any player in that bottom 6.

Ziggy Stardust 02-01-2013 09:33 PM

Yeah I wouldn't take Nolan out for any of the players they've been sitting of late. He throws his weight around and his work ethic can never be questioned, unlike Penner.

damacles1156 02-01-2013 09:42 PM

The power play is so bad, I would put Nolan on it (why not ?)

The Kid knows goals are scored in front of the net.

He is a big body that can skate, with decent hands. He would draw attention away from the point.

Nolan has offensive upside, I hope the Kings don't waste it.

Captain Mittens* 02-01-2013 09:42 PM

Yannic Perrault

LA_Viking 02-01-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 58849305)
I am starting to wonder how long the Kings keep Lewis on the Third line...

Lewis can no longer be a black hole for offense, And receive that amount of minutes.

I'd like to see Stewart up for a few games in his place. The guy had a 39 point season not too long ago.

KingCanadain1976 02-01-2013 10:54 PM

I honestly dont see the love for nolon he plays the least mins on the kings Also can go down without being waved but everyone has there own favs on the team.

Chazz Reinhold 02-01-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58871165)
I honestly dont see the love for nolon he plays the least mins on the kings Also can go down without being waved but everyone has there own favs on the team.

It's not "favs." He's been consistently one of the best players this year, even in his limited minutes.

KingCanadain1976 02-01-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 58872471)
It's not "favs." He's been consistently one of the best players this year, even in his limited minutes.

Yes he has played a few good games but only cause everyone else didn't he was noticable imo. We need more offense out of the 3rd line and nolon becames the odd man out because lewis plays a better defensive game and also plays on the pk. I honestly dont see why everyone seems to love the guy and yet before this year all the hate on clifford I always said clifford was the better player and so far this year im right

Telos 02-01-2013 11:19 PM

The lines aren't the problem. The team just needs to find new ways to score. We cannot take a step back and find ourselves re-living the last regular season all over. They just need to step it up and get pucks through traffic. Hopefully we will break through offensively soon, or else we could dig ourselves into a hole we can't get out of real fast.

KingCanadain1976 02-01-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 58873407)
The lines aren't the problem. The team just needs to find new ways to score. We cannot take a step back and find ourselves re-living the last regular season all over. They just need to step it up and get pucks through traffic. Hopefully we will break through offensively soon, or else we could dig ourselves into a hole we can't get out of real fast.

I agree which is way i want to see penner playing rw on the 3rd line and nolon sitting. I think a newly hopefully motivated penner playing on the right side will wake up the offense Worth a try to me

123slam 02-02-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58873841)
I agree which is way i want to see penner playing rw on the 3rd line and nolon sitting. I think a newly hopefully motivated penner playing on the right side will wake up the offense Worth a try to me

NOLAN. Rhymes with colon, but spelled like Conan.

KingCanadain1976 02-02-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123slam (Post 58877087)
NOLAN. Rhymes with colon, but spelled like Conan.

you are correct sir and ty for point it out for me ill try to remember it in the future


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.