HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Loui Eriksson vs. Jordan Eberle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339547)

g3ryder 02-01-2013 10:35 PM

Loui Eriksson vs. Jordan Eberle

Who do you consider to be the better player?

New Sabres Captain 02-01-2013 10:50 PM

Eriksson. He's a more complete player right now.

But Eberle's ceiling is higher, and he's still getting better.

Timbo Slice 02-01-2013 11:27 PM

LOVE Eberle. But it's Eriksson right now, for sure.

Sky04 02-01-2013 11:48 PM

Eriksson for sure right, I don't think most people would argue otherwise.

Izzy 02-01-2013 11:57 PM

Erikssons two way game destroys Eberles offensive game

Sean Garrity 02-02-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 58870973)
Eriksson. He's a more complete player right now.

But Eberle's ceiling is higher, and he's still getting better.

Summed it up perfectly. :handclap:

Oil and Avs 02-02-2013 12:53 AM

Although I worship Eberle, Eriksson has a much better two way game, ebs isnt much outside the offensive zone. But Eberle is also very young, and I believe he could have a couple 90 point seasons in his career with the talent he is surrounded by

crazy Kassian 02-02-2013 12:53 AM

Eriksson and it's pretty close

Cristiano Ronaldo 02-02-2013 01:15 AM

Close, but Loui.

HockeySensible 02-02-2013 02:08 AM

No slight against Eberle, but it's Eriksson at this point.

Steve Bennett* 02-02-2013 02:45 AM

Eriksson - would be great to have him on the Canucks too... :yo:

Lawzy 02-02-2013 02:50 AM

Eriksson now, Eberle later.

I chose Eberle because I think Eberle's ceiling far surpasses how much better Eriksson is at the moment.

Eskimo44 02-02-2013 02:51 AM

Easily Eberle. Top 15 in scoring last year and even better this season, he's currently the best player on the Oilers. Eriksson doesn't create nearly as much, and his two way game doesn't make up for it. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in hockey and Eberle is doing it at a nearly elite level.

roflstomper 02-02-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo44 (Post 58881293)
Easily Eberle. Top 15 in scoring last year and even better this season, he's currently the best player on the Oilers. Eriksson doesn't create nearly as much, and his two way game doesn't make up for it. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in hockey and Eberle is doing it at a nearly elite level.

Not saying picking Eberle is wrong, probably could make a great case for it in fact, but not for the reasons you gave. Do you even know who Eriksson is?

crazy Kassian 02-02-2013 03:37 AM

So Eberle is a guaranteed 90-95 point player

ricky0034 02-02-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo44 (Post 58881293)

Eriksson had 5 less points last year,is way better defensively,and didn't have an unsustainable shooting percentage

and Eberle is currently 48th in the NHL in points how the hell is that "top 15 in scoring last year and even better this season"

Bushwick Bill 02-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy Kassian (Post 58881781)
So Eberle is a guaranteed 90-95 point player

Are you asking a question?

Benny FTW 02-02-2013 10:47 AM

Eberle

Modo 02-02-2013 01:16 PM

Right now? Definitely Eriksson.

Will be close in the future, though, with Eberle likely pulling ahead.

Vdhawan89 02-02-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky0034 (Post 58882121)
Eriksson had 5 less points last year,is way better defensively,and didn't have an unsustainable shooting percentage

and Eberle is currently 48th in the NHL in points how the hell is that "top 15 in scoring last year and even better this season"

:facepalm:

Louis is better right now, but I can see Eberle being better in the next couple of years.

Eskimo44 02-02-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Eberle is much better than last season, that's my point. In fact he's on his way to rectifying the sh% issue by generating far more shots (3.5 compared to 2.3 per game). Seriously it was close last season and this season Eberle is even better. Eberle is a ppg, that is better than his pace last season (herp derp). Eriksson by the way has 4 points in 8 games (or half the pace of Eberle) so i really don't understand how bringing up scoring stats from this season helped your argument (nevermind a small sample size). Defensive acume for a winger does not have the kind of value that many of HF think it does. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in hockey and i think atm Eberle has surppassed Eriksson in his ability to create offense as an individual player. Pking and defensive roles can be filled by bottom 6ers. Eberle is facing top opponents and doing just fine, his defense is rather good. People are saying Eberle in the future almost unanimously, well i'm arguing the future is now.

bsmith14 02-02-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

OMG not this again...:help:

TheJuxtaposer 02-02-2013 06:02 PM

Loui Eriksson and it's not very close. The best part is that Eberle will be making 50% more after this season than Eriksson. :laugh:

LatvianTwist 02-02-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo44 (Post 58899687)
Eberle is much better than last season, that's my point. In fact he's on his way to rectifying the sh% issue by generating far more shots (3.5 compared to 2.3 per game). Seriously it was close last season and this season Eberle is even better. Eberle is a ppg, that is better than his pace last season (herp derp). Eriksson by the way has 4 points in 8 games (or half the pace of Eberle) so i really don't understand how bringing up scoring stats from this season helped your argument (nevermind a small sample size). Defensive acume for a winger does not have the kind of value that many of HF think it does. Scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in hockey and i think atm Eberle has surppassed Eriksson in his ability to create offense as an individual player. Pking and defensive roles can be filled by bottom 6ers. Eberle is facing top opponents and doing just fine, his defense is rather good. People are saying Eberle in the future almost unanimously, well i'm arguing the future is now.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware the NHL season was only 8 games long. I'm sorry you've never watched anyone not wearing an Oilers' jersey as well.

Eriksson easily at this point. Has consistently put up 70 points with less to work with than Eberle, who has only put up one season where he only had 5 more points. What's gone on so far this season should have no bearing at all on the results of this poll.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 02-02-2013 06:20 PM

Frankly I don't see Eberle getting much better than he was last season. Nearly PPG last season, in his prime he's probably an 80-85 point winger. Eriksson if Benn can stay healthy should be good for good for 70-75 points for the next 7-8 years. In an alternate dimension where Selke votes still seriously consider wingers for the award, Eriksson might have emulated Jere Lehtinen and got a Selke or two. Hopefully guys like Landeskog can change it again, which will help Eriksson get the recognition he deserves, it was a joke that Brad Richards got more Selke votes than Eriksson when they played together.