HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Corey perry at trade deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339665)

JohnnyDuck93 02-02-2013 02:00 AM

Corey perry at trade deadline

just curious on what we would get for him.(hopefully it doesn't come to this)

Captain Hook 02-02-2013 02:28 AM

He will be a premium rental if it comes to that and the cost will obviously be very high. He'll probably fetch at least a 1st, a top prospect, a depth player and another middling/decent prospect.

The Pens can offer a 1st, one of Despres, Morrow, Bennett, Pouliot and another piece or two. I'm just not sure they have a young depth player that's appealing since Sutter won't be moved for a rental and the rest of the depth guys like Kennedy, Jeffrey, Tangradi are kind of meh for various reasons.

Duck Off 02-02-2013 02:29 AM

Similar to Kovy return, but would be slightly more IMO since Anaheim can retain cap space.

Don't think perry leaves though.

Man Bear Pig 02-02-2013 03:03 AM

Probably a first, a good prospect plus other smaller pieces. As it's been mentioned, Kovalchuk is about as close as value as you can really compare Perry to.

orange is better 02-02-2013 09:50 AM

Kovalchuk was producing more than perry has when he was traded, and has much better career numbers in general.

Corey Perry won't get a kovalchuk return.

Getz2perry 02-02-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 58886219)
Kovalchuk was producing more than perry has when he was traded, and has much better career numbers in general.

Corey Perry won't get a kovalchuk return.

there are more to a player then stats... Perry has an impressive resume. Im sure hed get around the same return as a kovalchuk.

orange is better 02-02-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getz2perry (Post 58886275)
there are more to a player then stats... Perry has an impressive resume. Im sure hed get around the same return as a kovalchuk.

While I understand that, if you took Corey perry now and Ilya kovalchuk when he was traded and told the league that both of them were a available for trade (let's hypothetically say they're both pending UFAs and need to be signed) teams are going to gun harder and give up more for the 2 time 50+ goal scorer, 5 time 40+ goal scorer, 5 time 80+ point scorer with 2 seasons of 90+ points than the guy who's had 1 90+ point season and 1 50 goal season and has never broke 40 any other year.

Corey perry is a great player and I would love him on the flyers, but it's kind of wishful thinking to assume he's going to get the same return kovalchuk got, especially in a HEAVY defenseman market.

SEALBound 02-02-2013 10:11 AM

Two lower-ish level roster players, a prospect, and a draft pick. I'm thinking Hossa like return.

CarvinSigX 02-02-2013 10:23 AM

The perfect player to play with Backes and Oshie...What does it take?

Phion Keneuf 02-02-2013 10:26 AM

Kessel for Perry + conditional 1st if he doesn't sign.

I'd take the risk. Perry is a beast

Sideline 02-02-2013 10:27 AM

My guess is a 1st, a not so hot prospect, an NHL play of no great importance, and an enigmatic player "that could be good if he just..."

Basically what Hossa returned.

bobbyflex 02-02-2013 10:30 AM

depends if he's traded stictly as a rental or the the new team has intentions to sign him long-term

Bennett Brauer 02-02-2013 10:31 AM

Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier and a 1st round pick was Kovalchuk's return. That's similar to what the Ducks would get for Perry? I don't know...

Exit Dose 02-02-2013 10:38 AM

I'm noticing a bit of a trend emerging from the state of Pennsylvania. It seems to be: your players aren't worth much; gimme, gimme, gimme!

He won the Hart trophy for ****sakes he's not going be dirt cheap, well, within the context of premium rental prices.

The Dangley One 02-02-2013 10:38 AM

Krejci straiight up. Maybe willing to add in a late pick and a low level prospect

Exit Dose 02-02-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 (Post 58888169)
Krejci straiight up. Maybe willing to add in a late pick and a low level prospect

As much as I'd love for that to be true. He's not going to cost you David Krejci.

McTank 02-02-2013 10:40 AM

If buffalos in a playoffs spot I'd offer Stafford+Brennan+2nd+conditional 1st(re-signs)

Seatoo 02-02-2013 10:46 AM

1st, Raymond, Sauve, and a forward prospect

Bennett Brauer 02-02-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 58888161)
I'm noticing a bit of a trend emerging from the state of Pennsylvania. It seems to be: your players aren't worth much; gimme, gimme, gimme!

He won the Hart trophy for ****sakes he's not going be dirt cheap, well, within the context of premium rental prices.

Keep in mind that in my post,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik (Post 58887865)
Niclas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier and a 1st round pick was Kovalchuk's return. That's similar to what the Ducks would get for Perry? I don't know...

I didn't specify, but I meant that the Ducks could get more than that for him.

Exit Dose 02-02-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik (Post 58888493)
I didn't specify, but I meant that the Ducks could get more than that for him.

I apologize, then.

EarlGrey 02-02-2013 10:48 AM

Should Perry be on the block come the trade deadline, it will get very interesting IMO. There will be a bunch of teams interested hence causing a bidding war.

The difference between Perry and Kovalchuk is their contract. Perry is 1 million cheaper and the Ducks have the option of eating some salary if that means a better player comes back in the trade.

So essentially, no. Perry's return does not equal Kovis. ;)

Guy Boucher 02-02-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckNoire (Post 58888571)
Should Perry be on the block come the trade deadline, it will get very interesting IMO. There will be a bunch of teams interested hence causing a bidding war.

The difference between Perry and Kovalchuk is their contract. Perry is 1 million cheaper and the Ducks have the option of eating some salary if that means a better player comes back in the trade.

Kovalchuk's salary prior to his trade at the deadline did not hinder his value. This is a contrived argument.

Bennett Brauer 02-02-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 58888539)
I apologize, then.

Nah, like I said, I didn't specify, no need to apologize.

I think the Ducks could get quality if Perry was on the trade block, doesn't matter what his contract situation is. He's one of the best wingers in the NHL, IMO.

Exit Dose 02-02-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckNoire (Post 58888571)

I don't know where you got that, but that is definitely not the case.

Numbers 02-02-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 58888483)
1st, Raymond, Sauve, and a forward prospect

That's a bad offer. I doubt Canucks trade for Perry, but I think it starts with 1st+Jensen+