HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   GDT: Shot Down in Flames | Blackhawks @ Flames | 9 PM CT | CSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1339943)

BBH 02-02-2013 01:58 PM

Shot Down in Flames | Blackhawks @ Flames | 9 PM CT | CSN

:hawks @ :flames
[6-0-2] @ [1-3-1]

TV: CSN-CH, RDS, CBC
Radio: 720 AM WGN, FAN 590
9 PM CT/8 PM MST

Scotiabank Saddledome
Calgary, AB

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...edomeNight.jpg
:hawks Lines
20-19-81
B Saad - J Toews - M Hossa
10 - 65 - 88
P Sharp - A Shaw* - P Kane
29-16-25
B Bickell - M Kruger - V Stalberg
52-22-67
B Bollig - J Mayers - M Frolik

2-7
D Keith - B Seabrook
8-27
N Leddy - J Oduya
4-17
N Hjalmarsson - S Brookbank

R Emery
C Crawford

:flames Lines
Hudler - Stajan - Iginla
Glencross - Tanguay - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Backlund - Sempniak
Jones - Begin - Comeau

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Wideman - Brodie
Smith - Sarich

Kiprusoff
Irving

We're not in Hawkeytown, but we still see red!

Flying high:

http://images.nationalgeographic.com...81_600x450.jpg

Us vs. water:

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...opers-Hawk.jpg

Flames vs. water:

http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/steam2.s600x600.jpg

:hawks :hawks :hawks

:hawks :hawks :hawks

*Dave Bolland is DtD with an ankle injury, all centers from 2-4 moved up one spot, Bollig inserted into lineup and Mayers moves to C.

Sarava 02-02-2013 02:05 PM

Nice GDT. Thanks :)

Blue Liner 02-02-2013 02:08 PM

Thought Martini was going to dazzle us with a GDT..?

IU Hawks fan 02-02-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Liner (Post 58895561)
Thought Martini was going to dazzle us with a GDT..?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...ehosed/lol.gif

HockeySensible 02-02-2013 02:26 PM

I haven't even seen Marty ol' boy around lately. Too busy pouring over tape, looking for holes in Nick Leddy's game I suppose.

Anyways, looking for a bounce back game against Calgary. They've improved their skill level over the off-season, hopefully that opens the ice up a bit and we can get some more chances 5-on-5.

zytz 02-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 58897231)
I haven't even seen Marty ol' boy around lately. Too busy pouring over tape, looking for holes in Nick Leddy's game I suppose.

Anyways, looking for a bounce back game against Calgary. They've improved their skill level over the off-season, hopefully that opens the ice up a bit and we can get some more chances 5-on-5.

He was in the VAN GDT yesterday talking **** about the Hawks like a pro.

Iginla has been totally invisible on my fantasy team... hope it continues tonight.

ndgt10 02-02-2013 02:36 PM

Emery starting?

BronYrAur 02-02-2013 03:12 PM

Yeah I'm seeing a loss. Team will probably be gassed after having to exert so much energy coming from behind for 40 minutes then killing a bunch of penalties and going to OT. Flames aren't good but they aren't as bad as their record.

It's time to throw Emery out there. Though he probably won't be very sharp....

If Hawks can push another game to OT, I won't complain one bit.

BBH 02-02-2013 03:31 PM

Emery starting, but it's the Flames, and judging by their play so far this year, we haven't anything to worry about, aside from Emery's GAA.

CS85 02-02-2013 04:19 PM

This is a great time for an urgency test. Blackhawks aren't up against a wall, but the trend has been almost a total reversion to 2012 offense-wise over the last few games. Pretty disappointing team to watch over this stretch, and hopefully knowing that Emery's going to yield at least 3-4 goals will give them incentive to play with a bit more reckless abandon.

BronYrAur 02-02-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS85 (Post 58907109)
This is a great time for an urgency test. Blackhawks aren't up against a wall, but the trend has been almost a total reversion to 2012 offense-wise over the last few games. Pretty disappointing team to watch over this stretch, and hopefully knowing that Emery's going to yield at least 3-4 goals will give them incentive to play with a bit more reckless abandon.

Hawks scored a ton of goals last year. Their offense was fine. Don't know why people have this misconception.

Goals will come from this group. Sharp will pick up his game eventually, Saad has been extremely unlucky. I just want to see this team continue its quality defensive play.

Skobel24 02-02-2013 04:35 PM

Congrats on the easy win tonight. If Kipper is in net, you'll likely have 15+ goals.

ndgt10 02-02-2013 04:38 PM

Yeah this will be a loss.

Skobel24 02-02-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBH (Post 58903169)
Emery starting, but it's the Flames, and judging by their play so far this year, we haven't anything to worry about, aside from Emery's GAA.

You should worry more about Kippers GAA... wait, nevermind. That's us (Flames Fans) that should worry about Kippers GAA.

TorMenT 02-02-2013 04:43 PM

This is a game we should win. We still have 0 regulation losses, so this team is not as horrible as everyone says. Get over your dramatics, look over it objectively, and we're still a team that can beat anyone. Road trips are tough, but we have a good road record up to this point in the year. Once the offense catches their stride again, we'll start lighting teams up. This is a good game for that to happen.

4-2 Blackhawks.

EbonyRaptor 02-02-2013 05:00 PM

On any given night ...

Calgary has played only 5 games and 4 of those were home games. Their 1 road game was over a week ago. To say they are well rested and will be ready for this game is an understatement.

The Hawks have already played 6 road game and this will be their 3rd back-to-back road game. It shouldn't be surprising the Hawks play has fallen off over the last few games, and it wouldn't be surprising if they start out a little slow tonight. I'd say the brutal schedule is the main reason why players who didn't play during the lockout (like Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland, Keith, Seabrook) have tailed off or been inconsistent in the last few games - they have to be fatigued.

If Calgary comes out strong and jumps to a 1 or 2 goal lead - it will be an uphill grind the rest of the game. I'm not taking Calgary lightly given the circumstances and I hope neither are the Hawks.

BlackhawkGuugeli 02-02-2013 05:39 PM

Well another 5am wake up for me this weekend. Hopefully the game will be more action packed than last game. Thinking it's going to be a comfortable win for the hawks although Emery is in the net.

PS. Nice GDT!

XeO 02-02-2013 06:03 PM

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Probable #Flames lines- Cervenka Stajan Hudler, Cammalleri Tanguay Iginla, Glencross Backlund Stempniak, Comeau Jones jackman..

Probable D Men #Flames , Giordano Bouwmeester, Brodie Wideman, Smith Butler..Sarich getting extra skating..probable scratch.

Iginla's line is the first line for the flames. So far during the last 2 games for the flames, Hudler Stajan and Cervenka have been playing really well. Iginla and Cammalleri need to start scoring goals. Butler and kipper were bad last game. I'm guessing the flames lose again if they keep playing with average intensity, but if they come out moving their feet then you guys will see a fast fun hockey game from us. We over at calgarypuck are hoping the flames take advantage of Emery

BobbyJet 02-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor (Post 58910335)
On any given night ...

Calgary has played only 5 games and 4 of those were home games. Their 1 road game was over a week ago. To say they are well rested and will be ready for this game is an understatement.

The Hawks have already played 6 road game and this will be their 3rd back-to-back road game. It shouldn't be surprising the Hawks play has fallen off over the last few games, and it wouldn't be surprising if they start out a little slow tonight. I'd say the brutal schedule is the main reason why players who didn't play during the lockout (like Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland, Keith, Seabrook) have tailed off or been inconsistent in the last few games - they have to be fatigued.

If Calgary comes out strong and jumps to a 1 or 2 goal lead - it will be an uphill grind the rest of the game. I'm not taking Calgary lightly given the circumstances and I hope neither are the Hawks.

These guys are professional athletes. If they were fatigued last night after the rest they had going in, they will be fatigued the entire season. It's going to get much tougher.

brtriad 02-02-2013 06:54 PM

Haven't watched the Flames this year but as a Kipper owner, the Hawks are all but guaranteed about four goals.

ChiGuySez 02-02-2013 08:09 PM

They way the Hawks offense has been stagnating, they'll be lucky for 1 or 2 goals. Easy to stop shots when they're all in the gut or you're not making tic tac plays. If the offense dosent start waking up soon, the road trip will be ugly. Time to stop the skid.

IU Hawks fan 02-02-2013 08:40 PM

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Shaw. Kruger moves up to third line. @HawksFanDenver: @MarkLazerus good news on Bolly but who is #2 center tonight?"

So...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - Kruger - Stalberg
Bollig - Mayers - Frolik

I guess?

Cullksinikers 02-02-2013 08:42 PM

That second line will be brutal in the defensive zone.

Sevanston 02-02-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 58926837)
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Shaw. Kruger moves up to third line. @HawksFanDenver: @MarkLazerus good news on Bolly but who is #2 center tonight?"

So...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - Kruger - Stalberg
Bollig - Mayers - Frolik

I guess?

DHF put this perfectly last night. Q is now treating Shaw like he treated Kruger last year.

"He's not good enough to be a 3rd line center? Let's try him as a 2nd line center!"

EbonyRaptor 02-02-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 58915203)
These guys are professional athletes. If they were fatigued last night after the rest they had going in, they will be fatigued the entire season. It's going to get much tougher.

8 games in 14 days, with 6 of them on the road and 3 sets of back-to-back with the back half of all 3 sets on the road. So yeah - I think they might be fatigued with that schedule and no preseason games to get in game shape.