HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Remember when everyone was so upset with not drafting Tyler Myers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340091)

no name 02-02-2013 03:48 PM

Remember when everyone was so upset with not drafting Tyler Myers?

Man, that guy is amonst the worst dmen in hockey. I'm not being sensational. I watch him a ton and he is terrible. He has amongst the worst defensive games I've ever seen in my 13 years of following hockey closely. His positional awreness f piss poor. He jumps at the worst time. He doesn't use his body. That's just defense.

His shot is silly inaccurate. He shoots at the worng times. He is inept at keeping the puck in the zone. What's worse is he has been caught several times so far this year blaminmg his teammate for defensive issues on the ice. Today he yelled at Hodgson when Hodgson got on his defense today.

That is why we can't judge defenseman so early in there careers. Once the book comes out on them it's tough to recover when you have rocks for brains.

FanSince2014 02-02-2013 03:55 PM

Erik Karlsson says hi.

Live in the Now 02-02-2013 04:00 PM

It's a byproduct of playing for a coach who doesn't do any actual coaching.

no name 02-02-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince2012 (Post 58910017)
Erik Karlsson says hi.

EK is great offensively and is progressing on D. Myers sucks on both ends and I ca comfortably say that the only reason he gets any points is due to the overwhelming opportunity and his blue line partner on the PP.

Herby 02-02-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Erik Karlsson says hi.

Not just him.

It was almost impossible to whiff on a d-man that year.

Ziggy Stardust 02-02-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Erik Karlsson says hi.

Nobody was saying anything about passing Karlsson until recently. It stings more for the teams that picked right before him, particularly Carolina and the player they just waived, ouch! Least the player the Kings picked ended up being the centerpiece in a trade that brought in a player who helped get the Kings to the Finals.

no name 02-02-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live in the Now (Post 58910345)
It's a byproduct of playing for a coach who doesn't do any actual coaching.

Maybe some, but he's getting fat too. It shows he isn't dediscated to improving himself on or off the ice. Let's not forget about his attutude and lack of accountability.

Martyros 02-02-2013 04:09 PM

Atleast Myers has an NHL gig.....Teubert can't even get a job in Edmonton.

RonSwanson* 02-02-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby (Post 58910483)
Not just him.

It was almost impossible to whiff on a d-man that year.

Dean managed to.

SFKingshomer 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

I can't blame Dean for taking Teubert...not like it was an off the board pick.

Ziggy Stardust 02-02-2013 07:18 PM

It helps that they made up for that whiff when they drafted Voynov in the 2nd round. Bless the Coyotes for taking Tikhonov, the player the Kings were rumored to be interested in. Also, look at some of the players taken ahead of Voynov, some of those teams probably would like to do those picks over and take Voynov over who they ended up drafting.

DontgoZiggy 02-02-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 58909589)
Man, that guy is amonst the worst dmen in hockey. I'm not being sensational. I watch him a ton and he is terrible. He has amongst the worst defensive games I've ever seen in my 13 years of following hockey closely. His positional awreness f piss poor. He jumps at the worst time. He doesn't use his body. That's just defense.

His shot is silly inaccurate. He shoots at the worng times. He is inept at keeping the puck in the zone. What's worse is he has been caught several times so far this year blaminmg his teammate for defensive issues on the ice. Today he yelled at Hodgson when Hodgson got on his defense today.

That is why we can't judge defenseman so early in there careers. Once the book comes out on them it's tough to recover when you have rocks for brains.

Do you just mean this season or the last couple? I've hardly seen him play but sabres fans always seem pretty high on him. Maybe he didn't get much conditioning during the lockout?

DeeMeck 02-02-2013 08:07 PM

I dont give a ****. Teubert got us Penner, Penner won a series with an OT goal, and the Kings won a Cup.

kingsholygrail 02-02-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyros (Post 58910957)
Atleast Myers has an NHL gig.....Teubert can't even get a job in Edmonton.

Now that is bad.

no name 02-02-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 58929409)
I dont give a ****. Teubert got us Penner, Penner won a series with an OT goal, and the Kings won a Cup.

Didn't the Kings give up a first rounder too? The Kings are in need of draft picks as the farm system isn't giving us anything but grinders.

no name 02-02-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy (Post 58926261)
Do you just mean this season or the last couple? I've hardly seen him play but sabres fans always seem pretty high on him. Maybe he didn't get much conditioning during the lockout?

It is worse this year but last year he was bad too. In fact if you read the other boards even Buffalo fans have been riding him for some time.

Chazz Reinhold 02-02-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 58930567)
Didn't the Kings give up a first rounder too? The Kings are in need of draft picks as the farm system isn't giving us anything but grinders.

Huh? Toffoli, Pearson, Vey, Kozun...Mersch, Dowd, Shore...?

kingsfan28 02-02-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonSwanson (Post 58918999)
Dean managed to.

He drafted Drew Doughty, nuff said. Everything after was gravy.

GKJ 02-02-2013 11:23 PM

Even so, Deano made out. He traded him for Penner. It worked out.

Rorschach 02-02-2013 11:39 PM

Plus we got Voynov that draft too.

Herby 02-02-2013 11:51 PM

The Kings did not trade only Teubert for Penner. The much bigger piece in that deal was the first, it was always about the first, not about a bust struggling to earn playing time over David Kolomatis and Patrick Mullen at Manchester.

Teubert's value at the time was probably a mid round pick. And I think the Kings knew right away, probably the first camp, that Teubert was a bust, you never send 18 year old much less 19 year old former first round picks to the ECHL if you have any hopes for them. Voynov was an AHL regular as an 18 year old.

kingsfan28 02-03-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herby (Post 58949579)
The Kings did not trade only Teubert for Penner. The much bigger piece in that deal was the first, it was always about the first, not about a bust struggling to earn playing time over David Kolomatis and Patrick Mullen at Manchester.

Teubert's value at the time was probably a mid round pick. And I think the Kings knew right away, probably the first camp, that Teubert was a bust, you never send 18 year old much less 19 year old former first round picks to the ECHL if you have any hopes for them. Voynov was an AHL regular as an 18 year old.

Kinda have to wonder if the Kings did draft him, would he have been part of either the Penner deal, the Carter deal or even something else bigger like say Nash..

no name 02-03-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 58935545)
Huh? Toffoli, Pearson, Vey, Kozun...Mersch, Dowd, Shore...?

The system has not given us anything but grinders in some time. Of those you listed only Toffoli has a good shot at making an offensive dent. The others may never make it on this team. Pearson is a grinder with little offensive impact at an NHL level.

Chazz Reinhold 02-03-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 58951045)
The system has not given us anything but grinders in some time. Of those you listed only Toffoli has a good shot at making an offensive dent. The others may never make it on this team. Pearson is a grinder with little offensive impact at an NHL level.

You clearly have never, ever watched Pearson play. You are so far off with your analysis.

no name 02-03-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 58952447)
You clearly have never, ever watched Pearson play. You are so far off with your analysis.

That is his exact scouting profile. I take scouts words on it. In fact that is exactly why DL said he wanted him. Not my analysis.