HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Opinion on Chris Bourque? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340395)

Nose Face Killah 02-03-2013 12:11 AM

Opinion on Chris Bourque?

I love him. He did great tonight, scoring his first goal. What do you think of him?

BigGoalBrad* 02-03-2013 12:20 AM

Yes. A younger, cheaper poor mans Marchand or Peverley. The kid is comfortable with the puck on his stick and has wheels that is why he is on the team.

In years past his spot would be filled with a Bitz or Pouliot (or even Caron.) I am glad we have gone away from that somewhat.

I like Chris Bourque. The very low cap hit compensates for us having a roster of guys we rewarded for bringing home a Cup.

SpeedyLazaro 02-03-2013 12:24 AM

Pouliot is far more skilled and physical than Chris Bourque

Colt.45Orr 02-03-2013 12:34 AM

I think everyone will be willing to support him if he can produce at a reasonable clip (1 goal tonight is a start but has a long way to go with the mins he has had).
If he doesn't produce pts then there is no reason for him to be on the roster and fans will turn on him. Just the way it is.

He gets knocked over and knocked off the puck too easy still; producing plenty-o-points or getting the pp going will make people look the other way.

blazenlo 02-03-2013 12:37 AM

REALLY want to see him succeed as a Bruin, especially considering the story. But want to see much more from him.

BigGoalBrad* 02-03-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr (Post 58947755)
I think everyone will be willing to support him if he can produce at a reasonable clip (1 goal tonight is a start but has a long way to go with the mins he has had).
If he doesn't produce lots pts then there is no reason for him to be on the roster and fans will turn on him. Just the way it is.

What's our record when he plays?

nifty988 02-03-2013 12:39 AM

So psyched for him tonight! Game winner!

I don't think he will be here in the end. Too small and not enough skill. But he has a huge heart and confidence and the fist pump reminded me of his dad big time.

Glad he is on our side. Not a bad replacement player and leaps and bounds better than Hamil.

Colt.45Orr 02-03-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe (Post 58948067)

What is our record when we don't let Vanek have an unmarked party in-front of our net?

blazenlo 02-03-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe (Post 58948067)

In that case....sign him NOW! I forgot that after 8 games we can rely on a stat that meant so little.:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Kiss My Rask 02-03-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe (Post 58946451)
Yes. A younger, cheaper poor mans Marchand or Peverley. The kid is comfortable with the puck on his stick and has wheels that is why he is on the team.

In years past his spot would be filled with a Bitz or Pouliot (or even Caron.) I am glad we have gone away from that somewhat.

I like Chris Bourque. The very low cap hit compensates for us having a roster of guys we rewarded for bringing home a Cup.

Younger?

Bourque is 4 years older

Jeff L 02-03-2013 12:53 AM

I wish the guy nothing but success since Ray's my favorite player of all time; it was great to see him score tonight. If he keeps it up and develops some consistent chemistry with Kelly and Peverley I'll be very happy. If not, let him keep tearing it up in Providence and always give him the call-up when needed. In the end, I'm just glad we got rid of ****ing Zach Hamill. :laugh:

Mione134 02-03-2013 12:55 AM

Wait, he's not our whipping boy? I thought that was the thing to do.

He looked great tonight. Whole lotta confidence in him. Want him to succeed real bad. Seems that he's got over the hump of not scoring. Let's see how he continues.

DJENTLEMAN 02-03-2013 12:57 AM

Would rather have Benny.

MillerTime 86 02-03-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro (Post 58946843)
Pouliot is far more skilled and physical than Chris Bourque

He's also 3-times more expensive than Bourque...

The Dangly One 02-03-2013 01:15 AM

I'll never fault a guy for giving
100%. If it comes down to talent it comes down to talent but I'm bit kid.gives it his all

Nose Face Killah 02-03-2013 01:16 AM

Hope he stays with Boston. I hope he at least gets 10 goals this season.

Dellstrom 02-03-2013 01:17 AM

He's our best option for 3rd line LW right now. Paille fit well, but I'm not sure I want MacDermid full time on the roster yet, especially when we have better options.

Hopefully his first goal gives him some motivation and the 3rd line will come alive, they were flying tonight.

The Dangly One 02-03-2013 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=ballershotcaller12;58951543]I'll never fault a guy for giving
100%. If it comes down to talent it comes down to talent but I refuse to adult the guy for giving it all/QUOTE]

blazenlo 02-03-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellstrom (Post 58951733)
He's our best option for 3rd line LW right now. Paille fit well, but I'm not sure I want MacDermid full time on the roster yet, especially when we have better options.

Hopefully his first goal gives him some motivation and the 3rd line will come alive, they were flying tonight.

IMO, with Sugah out right now I'd rather see MacDermid called up than Bourque. I know I'm probably in the minority right now. But even with the goal I'm not sold on Bourque yet.

With that said it would only take one or two more games for me to change my mind...

Bruin4Life 02-03-2013 01:48 AM

Guy gives it his all every shift. Took him 7 games to do what Hamil could not in 20.

The Dangly One 02-03-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruin4Life (Post 58953385)
Guy gives it his all every shift. Took him 7 games to do what Hamil could not in 20.

Thank you. Not enough credit is given to guys that give it everything they got. So many guys with much more talent could be so much better of they just give it everything they got. (Not gumna name names bit I got a few from recent Bruins teams)

Neely08 02-03-2013 02:04 AM

I think he's great. No doubt in my mind he's a talented guy.

However, I think his size is killing him, period. When you consider that in Julien's system more often than not, you're grinding it out on the boards, the issue is further exacerbated.

Marchand makes up for his lack of size w/ tenacity, shiftiness, and hockey sense. You have to hope Bourque takes a page out of his book. While we're at it, Seguin may want to look that page over, too.

rcduthie77 02-03-2013 03:05 AM

Bourque isn't the biggest player which will always hurt him but the more I see him play the more tenacious he's starting to get. Watched him go into the boards and win a puck tonight with Phaneuf and Kostka right over top of him.

He doesn't look like he fears bigger players and has plenty of skill, plus great speed and always goes to the net which you have to love from a little guy!

Love having him on this team and I think Julien is the perfect coach for this type of player, Julien has this magic tough to put players in positions to succeed and I think he's doing it again.

Random Bruins Fan 02-03-2013 03:39 AM

He's a fringe NHLer.

Braunbaer 02-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leviathan (Post 58950129)
Would rather have Benny.

Me too.

And at the deadline, I want PC go go after Ryder.