HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Dallas Stars: the dumbest team in hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340397)

Troy McClure 02-02-2013 11:12 PM

Dallas Stars: the dumbest team in hockey

The Stars lead the league in minor penalties again. This team of morons is averaging 5.7 minor penalties per game.

Their laziness, stupidity, and selfishness saw them waste 11:40 of the game shorthanded against the Coyotes. On the season, they have spent almost 40 minutes more time on the penalty kill than the power play. It's very difficult to win games when you're spending half a period shorthanded each game and when your PP blows.

They simply don't want to win.

LatvianTwist 02-02-2013 11:29 PM

But we're so good on the PK!

joelnmich 02-02-2013 11:38 PM

But they got rid of Ott and Burrish. Didn't that fix the problem?

Primetimey 02-02-2013 11:44 PM

Penalties and getting out shot two to one, its really bad.

txomisc 02-03-2013 12:09 AM

Im not sure if its stupidity or more that they simply suck at possessing the puck so they get caught making mistakes defending or getting over aggressive trying to take the puck.

Dirty Kari 02-03-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 58951133)
Im not sure if its stupidity or more that they simply suck at possessing the puck so they get caught making mistakes defending or getting over aggressive trying to take the puck.

Its this. If this team plays much of a system I have a hard time noticing it. They don't know how to breakout of their own zone. They don't know how to breakout on a PP. On the rare chance they do get set up on a PP they don't know what to do with the puck. They let opposing players freely through neutral and allow them to hang out around the net. They also lack consistent effort. These problems persist up and down the lineup.

haf 02-03-2013 04:04 PM

I would say you are onto something. Neutral zone checking (forward backchecks and d gaps) and breakouts on 5 on 5 and on power play seem really sloppy and incoherent.

We have had some bad luck with high sticking penalties. I remember a shooting motion double minor for instance. But I think system is biggest culprit. If you know your guy has your back on the other side, you don't have to press the stick check quite so hard reducing your chances for a penalty.

and our pp in general is embarrassing with the riches we have in that department. trade Ott and Burish for Jagr and whitney and our pp is actually worse.

ridiculous.

Dallasman 02-05-2013 04:30 PM

Got nothing to do with being dumb.
It's being lazy and not having a lot team speed on this team. Leads to a lot of penalties and the refs will call it every time.