HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Dallas vets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340555)

English stars fan 02-03-2013 05:37 AM

Dallas vets

Dallas is playing flat-out terrible hockey. No system, being outshot 2-1 regularly, can't keep the puck or generate scoring chances. Unless this team turns it round soon they'll be on the outside looking in before they know it. They do have a lot of vets on expiring contracts that may garner something at the deadline - not looking to go full rebuild as there will still be a decent core to build around and a number of NHL-ready prospects.

How much would you be willing to pay for any the following rentals:

Jaromir Jagr (UFA, $4.55m)
Michael Ryder (UFA, $3.5m)
Brenden Morrow (UFA, $4.1m)
Derek Roy (UFA, $4m) - harder to get as GMJN as publically expressed desire to re-sign
Stephane Robidas (1yr, $3.3m)

Dallas is looking for 2013 picks, NHL ready prospects or young roster players.

Ivan13 02-03-2013 05:43 AM

I wouldn't mind adding Ryder to the Avs, IMHO he would look good with Landeskog (when he gets back) and Stastny, but I'm not really sure what to offer, maybe Gaunce plus something?

theicebox 02-03-2013 05:43 AM

Jagr to Pittsburgh would be special.

English stars fan 02-03-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 58957345)
I wouldn't mind adding Ryder to the Avs, IMHO he would look good with Landeskog (when he gets back) and Stastny, but I'm not really sure what to offer, maybe Gaunce plus something?

What's Gaunce's ceiling? If he's just going to be a bottom pair guy we have plenty of those so no thanks.

I can see Ryder getting a late 1st sort of value from a contender, but given you could easily be picking around #10 I think that's probably unlikely

Rorschach 02-03-2013 05:56 AM

Tell me what Robidas is like and what your price is for this player, please.

English stars fan 02-03-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 58957415)
Tell me what Robidas is like and what your price is for this player, please.

Gritty, hard working, great shot blocker but small and getting slow. For some reason he's been getting top pairing minutes but he'd be effective as a bottom pair guy with PK time.

Maybe a 3rd?

Edit: though just seen you're a kings fan - can't see any trades in-division

Domino11 02-03-2013 07:22 AM

Mtl will give a 2 round + kristo vs jagr

PADevil3034 02-03-2013 07:22 AM

The Devils want in on Ryder. We'd be willing to give up either D prospect+solid pick or roster Dman+lower pick.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-03-2013 07:38 AM

Leafs might be interested in Roy

BigG44 02-03-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English stars fan (Post 58957431)
Gritty, hard working, great shot blocker but small and getting slow. For some reason he's been getting top pairing minutes but he'd be effective as a bottom pair guy with PK time.

Maybe a 3rd?

Edit: though just seen you're a kings fan - can't see any trades in-division

Doubtful they are in the same division next season, and Dallas would only trade Robidas if they were out of the playoff mix so him going to a current division team doesn't matter.

Plus, yes this can sometimes be accurate, but in the same season PHX trade Dallas Nagy and LA traded their captain Norstrom to the Stars. Aside from not being a captain, Robidas is in the same situation as Norstrom at the time (another year on the contract).

BigG44 02-03-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PADevil3034 (Post 58958001)
The Devils want in on Ryder. We'd be willing to give up either D prospect+solid pick or roster Dman+lower pick.

Alexander Urbom could work for Dallas honestly. They already have a ton of D prospects though, and this guy seems to be pretty similar to former Star Nicklas Grossmann and current prospect Patrik Nemeth.

I think Dallas will value centers in trades, but Urbom looks like an NHL ready defensive D prospect.

BigG44 02-03-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino11 (Post 58957999)
Mtl will give a 2 round + kristo vs jagr

Dallas has no investment in Jagr so taking a risk on Kristo signing in Dallas could work, but I don't like it.

I'd rather have more control over the asset Dallas is receiving.

Kris Chreider 02-03-2013 11:34 AM

Robidas to Minnesota for Mario Lucia?

By the way, which side does he play?

StarsFan74 02-03-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 58964271)
Robidas to Minnesota for Mario Lucia?

By the way, which side does he play?

Right side.

PADevil3034 02-03-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 58964005)
Alexander Urbom could work for Dallas honestly. They already have a ton of D prospects though, and this guy seems to be pretty similar to former Star Nicklas Grossmann and current prospect Patrik Nemeth.

I think Dallas will value centers in trades, but Urbom looks like an NHL ready defensive D prospect.

Some Devils fans value Urbom highly, but I'd do Urbom+pick for Ryder.

Sony Eriksson* 02-03-2013 12:09 PM

The issue with Dallas is that the top 6 that was advertised has not played together in a single game this year. Roy has been out since Benn has been back and now Whitney out for a month or so does not help. Their defense has been rock solid but i think it is way to early to blow thing offense up and start moving pieces.

Adirondack Flames 02-03-2013 12:14 PM

What about Morrow for Stempniak?

The Flames need some toughness and would likely be sacrificing some goal scoring in the deal, but we don't have any physical fowards in our top 9 other than Glencross (and Iginla to a point).

Stempniak is under contract for next season with a very reasonable cap hit of 2.5 million and at the deadline either this year or next would likely garner the Stars a 2nd round pick or equal prospect/young player.

bumperkisser 02-03-2013 12:15 PM

the ducks want morrow. i know you're a division rival but he's a pending UFA anyway. we made deals with the sharks before...

what do you want for morrow as a deadline rental

Kris Chreider 02-03-2013 12:17 PM

How about Morrow to NYR for a 3rd and Niemi?

StarsFan74 02-03-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumperkisser (Post 58966703)
the ducks want morrow. i know you're a division rival but he's a pending UFA anyway. we made deals with the sharks before...

We may not be division rivals starting next season.

Quote:

A center prospect.

LatvianTwist 02-03-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 58966283)
The issue with Dallas is that the top 6 that was advertised has not played together in a single game this year. Roy has been out since Benn has been back and now Whitney out for a month or so does not help. Their defense has been rock solid but i think it is way to early to blow thing offense up and start moving pieces.

It hasn't even been altogether for one game yet. And our defense has been far from solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat (Post 58966615)
What about Morrow for Stempniak?

The Flames need some toughness and would likely be sacrificing some goal scoring in the deal, but we don't have any physical fowards in our top 9 other than Glencross (and Iginla to a point).

Stempniak is under contract for next season with a very reasonable cap hit of 2.5 million and at the deadline either this year or next would likely garner the Stars a 2nd round pick or equal prospect/young player.

No interest, we'd be looking to get younger and build for the future. Although I'd probably consider this just to get Morrow off of the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumperkisser (Post 58966703)

Not much. A 2nd would probably suffice, although GMJN has a tendency to ask for more from inner-conference teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 58966849)
How about Morrow to NYR for a 3rd and Niemi?

What...? :laugh:

Oh, wrong Niemi. I'd probably do this.

StarsFan74 02-03-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tattoo (Post 58966283)

"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"Of course not, hun!"

:laugh::laugh:

StarsFan74 02-03-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 58967249)

Not much. A 2nd would probably suffice, although GMJN has a tendency to ask for more from inner-conference teams.

I believe he asked Hodgson from the Canucks and probably Saad from the 'Hawks for Ott at the deadline, am I right?

Adirondack Flames 02-03-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 58967249)
No interest, we'd be looking to get younger and build for the future. Although I'd probably consider this just to get Morrow off of the team.

Technically moving Morrow for Stempniak would be a move to get younger since Stempniak uis 5 years younger. I understand the desire for a pick or prospect but that is why I suggested flipping Stempniak for a pick/prospect/young player at the deadline.

Supposedly Colorado is looking for a forward, perhaps a 3way deal could work as well?

To Calgary: Morrow from DAL
To Colorado: Stempniak from CAL
To Dallas: 2nd/3rd round pick from COL

Kris Chreider 02-03-2013 12:36 PM

Yeah, how exactly did you get Derek Roy for Steve Ott? Baffling.