HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What does our line-up look like when Carcillo returns? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340625)

Recoil 02-03-2013 10:35 AM

What does our line-up look like when Carcillo returns?

Here's how we have been rolling for the most part without Carcillo:

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - Kane
Stalberg - Shaw - Bickell
Bollig - Kruger - Frolik

(4th line obviously swaps a couple other people like Mayers, etc)

So what do we do when Carcillo comes back? Saad has been playing well, although not showing up on the scoresheet. I don't think sending him to Rockford is a good idea, but if he's not going to get top-line minutes, do they consider it? Would he get put down on the 3rd line and Stalberg or Bickell bumped to the 4th? Or would Carcillo start off on the 3rd/4th lines?

What are you guys thinking?

stingo 02-03-2013 10:40 AM

As long as Saad plays the way he has been, he is bound to start scoring, and because of this, I think they'll keep him on the top line. Carcillo will be 3rd/4th line

MurrayBannerman 02-03-2013 10:41 AM

We quietly have one of the better LW corps in the NHL.

Bickell ends up on the fourth line.

deytookerjaabs 02-03-2013 10:41 AM

Carcillo-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Weiss-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik

That's what I'm thinking, will it happen..probably not.

CPHawksFan 02-03-2013 10:43 AM

I'm thinking Q puts Carcillo on the 3rd line:

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Carcillo-Shaw (or Kruger)-Stalberg
Bickell-Kruger (or Shaw)-Frolik
Bollig

Recoil 02-03-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 58962279)
Carcillo-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Weiss-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik

That's what I'm thinking, will it happen..probably not.

Weiss? That's....creative. This isn't really a trade/wishful thinking thread though. At least that wasn't my intent. :)

Hawkaholic 02-03-2013 11:01 AM

I think they should mix it up a bit, too many struggling players.

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Bolland Hossa
Carcillo Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig/Mayers

puterwiz53 02-03-2013 11:13 AM

They need to mix up the liens a bit and this is how I would like to see it

Saad Toews Stalberg
Sharp Shaw Kane
Carcillo Bolland Hossa
Bollig Kruger Frolik
Bickell/Mayers

I like these lines because it gives you at least one dominant player on each of the 1st 3 lines and Bolland is a much better fit as the 3rd line center.

Bubba88 02-03-2013 12:53 PM

Bollig out, Carcillo in

Oh_so_saad 02-03-2013 01:32 PM

Hosea on the 3rd line:pb:

RedBaronIndian 02-03-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh_so_saad (Post 58972561)

Spelling Hossa as Hosea :pb:

Sarava 02-03-2013 02:03 PM

I would put Carcillo on the top line where he started. Saad can move down in lines. This team has severe scoring issues right now and as well as he has played overall - Saad has been part of the problem.

puterwiz53 02-03-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh_so_saad (Post 58972561)

Why not Hossa on the 3rd line. Havlat played on the 3rd line when he was with the Hawks and it worked out great. I would rather spread the top players around the top 3 lines to create havoc with the other teams trying to decide which line to put out against each of the 3 lines. Probably would see more balanced scoring as well.

pvr 02-03-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 58963005)

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Bolland Hossa
Carcillo Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig/Mayers

Unless the Hawks make a trade or call up a Hog, I like this lineup. Perhaps Kane feeding Saad will get him going. Carcillo and Shaw together would be a potential headache for opponents. Rotate the final five.

Recoil 02-03-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 58963005)

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Bolland Hossa
Carcillo Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig/Mayers

I like this lineup a lot.

LandofLincoln 02-04-2013 12:16 AM

Carcillo Toews Hossa
Saad Bolland Kane
Sharp Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig - Mayers

If Sharp doesn't pick it up fairly quickly I would try him down there with Stalberg. It would be a scoring and speedy line. Shaw gives it a little grit.

Madhouse Mafia 02-05-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 59011503)
Carcillo Toews Hossa
Saad Bolland Kane
Sharp Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig - Mayers

If Sharp doesn't pick it up fairly quickly I would try him down there with Stalberg. It would be a scoring and speedy line. Shaw gives it a little grit.

Thats what I would like to see too. However, I would like to see Carcillo out there with Bolland and Kane.

In addition to that, as someone who usually only frequents GDT's and related threads, what is the status of Morin? I've been anxious to see him for a long time, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency to get him up here. Anything in particular holding him back?

LandofLincoln 02-05-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hozzer (Post 59076143)
Thats what I would like to see too. However, I would like to see Carcillo out there with Bolland and Kane.

In addition to that, as someone who usually only frequents GDT's and related threads, what is the status of Morin? I've been anxious to see him for a long time, but there doesn't seem to be any urgency to get him up here. Anything in particular holding him back?

I like Morin just as much as when we first got him. He had a huge injury last year, but has recovered nicely. His numbers in Rockford are moderate. 40 games played 14G 9A = 23 points. The biggest hindrance was the injury. However, look at it this way Saad & Smith are in the way. They have outplayed Morin.

Also the Blackhawks have drafted well and Morin has lost his luster for this reason. Teravanen, McNeill, Danault, Saad & Clendening all seem to be above Morin on the depth chart.

Morin, Smith, Pirri, J Hayes & K Hayes are still solid prospects but we are overly loaded with talent. Give Bowman credit he has drafted well. He will make a trade Morin & Pirri are guys likely to be moved as pieces to a trade.

Illinihockey 02-05-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 59011503)
Carcillo Toews Hossa
Saad Bolland Kane
Sharp Shaw Stalberg
Bickell Kruger Frolik
Bollig - Mayers

Pick it up? He's 3rd on the team in points and has scored in both the last 2 games.

Illinihockey 02-05-2013 09:27 AM

Carcillo is what, still 2 weeks away right

Pailhead 02-05-2013 10:00 AM

Earlier today I read that he was at least two weeks away.

coldsteelonice84 02-05-2013 10:01 AM

Yeah, most likely another injury will dictate where Carcillo plays, too early to speculate.

theaub 02-05-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puterwiz53 (Post 58980147)
Why not Hossa on the 3rd line. Havlat played on the 3rd line when he was with the Hawks and it worked out great.

Time to throw out terrible ideas

I really wish they went back to the dynamic shutdown line (which we'll call the 2nd line for now) and the STK line

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Bolland-Hossa
Carcillo-Shaw-Stalberg
Bickell-Kruger-Frolik

Something like that. If we could grab a legit #2C (hey Weiss), you could move Shaw to wing and go with

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Shaw-Weiss-Stalberg
Saad-Bolland-Hossa
Carcillo/Bickell-Kruger-Frolik

zytz 02-05-2013 10:37 AM

I'd like to see Stalberg and Frolik with Kruger, I think. Stalberg and is fast enough to keep up with Fro, and since Fro can never finish his own chances maybe he just feeds Stalberg all day.

I dunno... if we find an option for 2C I'd love love love a 3rd line of Carcillo - Bolland - Shaw. Don't think you could put together a better line to troll the opposition.

IU Hawks fan 02-05-2013 12:25 PM

I'm really starting to hate the word troll. Getting so overused for things completely unrelated to what trolling is.