HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL: Do you like the Super Bowl being played in a cold weather city? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1340917)

856 02-03-2013 04:39 PM

Do you like the Super Bowl being played in a cold weather city?
 
With the Super Bowl being in East Rutherford next year, I find this to be very intriguing. Part of me thinks that this game should be only be played in a warm weather city or in a dome. But I also do it find it fascinating that the Super Bowl could be played in the snow, which I love games in that type of weather.

Mike Emrick 02-03-2013 04:45 PM

It doesn't matter

HAve a go

Mathradio 02-03-2013 04:55 PM

Yes; then again, not any cold-weather city can hold a SB.

EpochLink 02-03-2013 05:19 PM

Get a SB in Green Bay

Unholy Diver 02-03-2013 05:21 PM

No, I'd hate to see the game ruined if the weather was crappy and you ended up with like a 10-7 game

No Fun Shogun 02-03-2013 05:24 PM

Cold weather city? Yes.

The fact that it'll probably only be New York? Not so much.

Don't care at all about the comfort of the corporate fans in attendance, just want to watch the game. And an ice bowl or a rain bowl or a fog bowl or something like that can be damn interesting.

Disgruntled Goat 02-03-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 58991269)
Cold weather city? Yes.

The fact that it'll probably only be New York? Not so much.

Don't care at all about the comfort of the corporate fans in attendance, just want to watch the game. And an ice bowl or a rain bowl or a fog bowl or something like that can be damn interesting.


Well Indianapolis had it last year. We have a roof though so that may not count...

Dakota Sioux 02-03-2013 06:21 PM

Love when the elements are involved.

No Fun Shogun 02-03-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat (Post 58992205)
Well Indianapolis had it last year. We have a roof though so that may not count...

Clearly talking about outdoor cold weather stadiums. Indy isn't considered a cold weather city because of that, nor is Detroit or Minnesota (with their current stadium) due to that.

Chicago, Green Bay, Cleveland, Denver, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New York, New England, etc. are the ones I'm talking about.

Ser Woof 02-03-2013 07:02 PM

Yes. And one should be in Denver immediately.

Swedish Puck Mafia 02-03-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux (Post 58993815)
Love when the elements are involved.

Any other game during the year (outside of a dome) is subject to weather.

Why should the Super Bowl purposely avoid inclement weather?

Vamos Rafa 02-03-2013 07:35 PM

I wish Super Bowl was actually treated like a championship game instead of an all-star game. I'd get rid of predetermined neutral sites. Home field goes to the team with the better record (or other tiebreakers). But that'd never happen.

piqued 02-03-2013 07:38 PM

Nope. I don't like it being played in domes either.

If it were up to me, I'd limit the the sites to Southern California or Florida. The game should be outside, in a nice climate, on grass.

856 02-03-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 58997815)
I wish Super Bowl was actually treated like a championship game instead of an all-star game. I'd get rid of predetermined neutral sites. Home field goes to the team with the better record (or other tiebreakers). But that'd never happen.

they wont be able to do that, they wouldnt be able to plan everything that needs to happen in order to host a Super Bowl in two weeks.

timekeep 02-03-2013 07:59 PM

Probably wont be in NO until they get a new stadium

End of Line 02-03-2013 08:27 PM

The game is supposed to be played in the elements, so yes. I would entertain the idea of the team with the best record playing in their own stadium as well.

Vamos Rafa 02-03-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justified (Post 58998335)
they wont be able to do that, they wouldnt be able to plan everything that needs to happen in order to host a Super Bowl in two weeks.

That's my point. The SB is treated like it's more than just a championship game. There wouldn't be any need of "preparations" if the Super Bowl was just a championship game.

Big McLargehuge 02-03-2013 09:09 PM

Absolutely. Football is meant to be played in the elements.

Muh 02-03-2013 10:38 PM

Love it. Nothing like a big time playoff game in 0degrees/snow.

Plus, I am biased. I will be in a lottery to win tickets. I have came up empty the past 4 chances, so I am definitely due. Fingers crossed, so excited.

kingsholygrail 02-03-2013 10:53 PM

I think if you don't want weather to impact the Super Bowl, they shouldn't have weather impact regular season games either.

GKJ 02-03-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unholy Diver (Post 58991119)
No, I'd hate to see the game ruined if the weather was crappy and you ended up with like a 10-7 game

I don't get this argument, unless you think it should only be played in domes.

The Man in White 02-03-2013 11:25 PM

Yes please. Snowbowl!

McSorleyStick 02-04-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 58998123)
Nope. I don't like it being played in domes either.

I like it, power outages are quite entertaining

Le Magnifique 66 02-06-2013 10:43 AM

Yes, every city should host the game

Dangleberry 02-06-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia (Post 58997743)
Why should the Super Bowl purposely avoid inclement weather?

My opinion is the general population cares more about the commercials and half time show than the actual game. Beyonce can't shake her ass when it's -5 out.


I don't understand why a neutral city is usually chosen to host the Super Bowl. I would have preferred the Giants winning the Lombardi in Metlife Stadium than in Indianapolis.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.