HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hughson,Simpson,Healy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341039)

black charger 02-03-2013 08:47 PM

Hughson,Simpson,Healy

These guys are obviously Leaf haters.How can the CBC not see that these 3 clowns are going to drive viewers away from their bread and butter Leafs broadcast.

Could it be intentional since there are alot of Leaf haters nationwide that like laughing along with these 3.

Watching the Calgary game after the Leafs game was refreshing.The announcers were biased toward Calgary of course,but at least they weren't derogotory towards the Hawks.

Sooner or later I either will stop watching or send the CBC a very nasty email. I hope others will be doing the same thing.

charliolemieux 02-03-2013 08:51 PM

Hughson and Simpson belong back in Vancouver.

Healey should be painted green and play Oscar the grouch on Sesame Street.
He would look good standing in a garbage can.

Schenn 02-03-2013 08:52 PM

They like to talk about any team that isn't the leafs.

blasted_Sabre 02-03-2013 08:53 PM

Last nights display was embarrassing for the CBC.

Uncalled for pot shots at Kessel, the moaning over the Bruins non-goal, the constant Hamilton love fest.

p.l.f. 02-03-2013 08:54 PM

cbc are idiots for allowing them to cover the leafs
or maybe its punishment

Pi 02-03-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 59002285)
Last nights display was embarrassing for the CBC.

Uncalled for pot shots at Kessel, the moaning over the Bruins non-goal, the constant Hamilton love fest.

That was way too obvious.

They said "Big Z said Hamilton was much better than him at same age"

Well...even Tyler Myers was 10x better than Chara at the age of 18. Hamilton is a gentle giant. He's never going to intimidate anybody.

I guess we can all say Morgan Rielly is much better than Lidstrom because nobody knew he would be that good when he was picked.

Also...Healy is just a D-bag. He even took potshots at Kessel during the Ottawa-Montreal game today.

Hope TSN takes over Saturday nights from 2014 when their contract ends. They're a much better broadcasting crew anyways.

blasted_Sabre 02-03-2013 08:57 PM

I just cannot understand the hatred Healy has for the Leafs. Where does it stem from?

Superstar 02-03-2013 09:00 PM

Well, there's enough haters here who call themselves Leafs' fans as well. But yeah, you're right, their commentary was atrocious, especially Healy. He had to remind all the Leafs fans about the Kessel trade when he was brown-nosing Dougie Hamilton like he's the next coming of Bobby Orr. And even after watching the no-goal against the Leafs over and over again, where Kadri did not run into Rask, he still claimed the ref made the right call...and yes, I'm also getting fed up with HNIC with Healy commenting during the Leafs games. I couldn't believe they kept on criticizing Kadri's face-off percentage, but then at another point praising the Bruins' versatile players, that even their wingers are good at face-offs, to the point of praising that Seguin could step in and take face-offs (when the guy hasn't even played centre since joining the Bruins). I could go on and on, every game during HNIC is like this.

Hughson is not so bad, Simpson a bit worse, but every word that comes out of Healy's mouth is full of hate and malice. Man, do I miss Bob Cole and Harry Neale.

Perhaps a petition to CBC is due.

Leafs For Life* 02-03-2013 09:01 PM

Haters motivate #swag #yolo #hateonmebro :sarcasm:

Pi 02-03-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 59002523)
I just cannot understand the hatred Healy has for the Leafs. Where does it stem from?

He just hates the Leafs because he's not the GM of the Leafs.

We interviewed him in 2003 and 2007 I think...I am so glad that ass is not our GM.

He is letting his grudge come in the way of reporting.

Parkdale 02-03-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 59002523)

He's like a HF board poster....he thinks he knows better than Leaf management what's best.:sarcasm:

Seriously, he thought he was passed over as a GM candidate years ago...not sure if this was for the Burke or Ferguson hiring. He takes every opportunity to attempt to remind everyone that a grievous mistake was made.

BonMorrison 02-03-2013 09:06 PM

We complain about it every season but I can honestly say that the Boston game was the worst I've ever heard them. Ever.

The fact they were flatout LAUGHING at us when we won a faceoff on a national broadcast was nothing short of unprofessional and pathetic. They were going out of their way to make the Leafs look like they shouldn't be playing against a team like the Bruins and have no right to be there. Highlighting all the things that go wrong for us while glorifying all the things that go right for the Bruins. Them not giving a **** about our goal waved off then almost crying into the mic when the Bruins was waved off was absurd.

"And they ACTUALLY won a faceoff! Haha!"
"The Leafs ACTUALLY got a good shift out there!"
"Maybe Kadri shouldn't take faceoffs anymore, hahaha"

Parkdale 02-03-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 59002729)
He just hates the Leafs because he's not the GM of the Leafs.

We interviewed him in 2003 and 2007 I think...I am so glad that ass is not our GM.

He is letting his grudge come in the way of reporting.

Sorry to be repeating what you said, but I don't type as fast as you do. I like the way you think though;)

Pi 02-03-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkdale (Post 59002841)
He's like a HF board poster....he thinks he knows better than Leaf management what's best.:sarcasm:

Seriously, he thought he was passed over as a GM candidate years ago...not sure if this was for the Burke or Ferguson hiring. He takes every opportunity to attempt to remind everyone that a grievous mistake was made.

He sucked as a goalie, he sucked when he was with TSN, he sucks now with CBC.

It's not like he had a great resume as a GM. He probably would have been fired a lot quicker than Burke.

Phatic 02-03-2013 09:08 PM

well, its nice to see that i wasnt the only one who found that broadcast extremely biased. the one thing that stood out more then any was the difference in response to the goals called back.
one was: kadri clearly interfered with rask and thats that, good call
then bruins was: what are they calling here? they could have called reimer for tripping maybe, but wave off the goal... i dont see where they got interference from

Pi 02-03-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 59003011)
We complain about it every season but I can honestly say that the Boston game was the worst I've ever heard them. Ever.

The fact they were flatout LAUGHING at us when we won a faceoff on a national broadcast was nothing short of unprofessional and pathetic. They were going out of their way to make the Leafs look like they shouldn't be playing against a team like the Bruins and have no right to be there. Highlighting all the things that go wrong for us while glorifying all the things that go right for the Bruins. Them not giving a **** about our goal waved off then almost crying into the mic when the Bruins was waved off was absurd.

"And they ACTUALLY won a faceoff! Haha!"
"The Leafs ACTUALLY got a good shift out there!"
"Maybe Kadri shouldn't take faceoffs anymore, hahaha"

Yeah.

Considering we won 29 faceoffs and the Bruins won 35...we evened it out. These idiots talked about faceoffs for 10 minutes straight.

charliolemieux 02-03-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstar (Post 59002643)
Well, there's enough haters here who call themselves Leafs' fans as well. But yeah, you're right, their commentary was atrocious, especially Healy. He had to remind all the Leafs fans about the Kessel trade when he was brown-nosing Dougie Hamilton like he's the next coming of Bobby Orr. And even after watching the no-goal against the Leafs over and over again, where Kadri did not run into Rask, he still claimed the ref made the right call...and yes, I'm also getting fed up with HNIC with Healy commenting during the Leafs games. I couldn't believe they kept on criticizing Kadri's face-off percentage, but then at another point praising the Bruins' versatile players, that even their wingers are good at face-offs, to the point of praising that Seguin could step in and take face-offs (when the guy hasn't even played centre since joining the Bruins). I could go on and on, every game during HNIC is like this.

Hughson is not so bad, Simpson a bit worse, but every word that comes out of Healy's mouth is full of hate and malice. Man, do I miss Bob Cole and Harry Neale.

Perhaps a petition to CBC is due.

Perhaps

BonMorrison 02-03-2013 09:12 PM

Their entire broadcast attitude towards the Leafs is the equivalent to a parent amusingly laughing at a child. "Haha - that's cute! One day, you'll be able to be like the grown ups!"

Pathetic.

Pi 02-03-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 59003365)
Their entire broadcast attitude towards the Leafs is the equivalent to a parent amusingly laughing at a child. "Haha - that's cute! One day, you'll be able to be like the grown ups!"

Pathetic.

The Leafs should decline all interviews to CBC during the pre game, post game, and in the middle of periods.

I am sure they know about this too..

Healy acts all nice when he's interviewing them and turns around and gets back to being an idiot.

BDH 02-03-2013 09:15 PM

HNIC usually does bash the Leafs but last night was off the wall, they weren't even tryin to hide it

I thought I found myself yelling at Healy a lot more than usual

black charger 02-03-2013 09:16 PM

Healy is in an aquaintance's pipe band and I think I am going to go to their next performance and heckle him.

Patty Lee 02-03-2013 09:16 PM

much like the ignore a poster option there is a turn the volume down option on your tv.

seems you guys would be a lot less stressed out

play by play is only needed by those who can't follow the play on their own

BonMorrison 02-03-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Around in 67 (Post 59003631)
much like the ignore a poster option there is a turn the volume down option on your tv.

seems you guys would be a lot less stressed out

play by play is only needed by those who can't follow the play on their own

Yeah but nobody wants to mute the crowd noise - crowd reactions help make the game special and fun to watch.

black charger 02-03-2013 09:19 PM

Still need background noise.

Patty Lee 02-03-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 59003781)
Yeah but nobody wants to mute the crowd noise - crowd reactions help make the game special and fun to watch.

WHAT??? but the crowd are not real fans and only sit on their hands

that argument won't work sorry