HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   HF Isles Fans Meetup in Brooklyn (2/21 against Montreal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341279)

Strummergas 02-04-2013 10:22 AM

HF Isles Fans Meetup in Brooklyn (2/21 against Montreal)

So a few of us were talking in the "Islanders Bars in Manhattan" thread about organizing a meetup for the posters on this board who live in NYC. The hope is that there's enough interest that we can maybe turn this into a monthly occurrence.

After some deliberation, we decided that the Thursday 2/21 away game against Montreal would be the best bet for getting together. We're going to try Mullanes at 71 Lafayette Ave. in Brooklyn. They seem to have adopted the Nets wholeheartedly at this place, and the hope is that they do the same when the Isles move in 2015. Let's send the message that it would be beneficial to their business to get on the Islanders bandwagon from now! :yo:

Mullanes is a couple blocks away from Barclays, and easily accessible by subway on the B, C, D, G, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, & 5 trains. You can check out the link below for more information:

http://www.mullanesbrooklyn.com/

When trying to figure out a place to meet, it was determined that the location needed to be easily accessible via public transportation, close to the Barclays for the reason stated above, that the game should be an away game so that no one who wants to attend has to miss out because they're actually going to the game, and it should also be on a night where the local basketball teams are not playing so we wouldn't have to worry about the place getting too crowded with people watching several different games at once. The game against The Habs, and Mullanes both seem to meet all the criteria. If enough posters show up, but the place winds up being lame, we can always find a different joint for a March meetup.

Please post in the thread if you can make it. As of right now, Dan-o 16, Riseonfire, and myself all seem to be on board. And it goes without saying that even if you don't live in NYC, you're welcome to come down and hang out. :nod:

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Strummergas 02-04-2013 10:34 AM

I know some of the thunder of this meet-up has been potentially stolen from the meet-up at O'Keefe's this Thursday, but I thought it best to at least try to get together as early as possible this season as we only have 3 months left to go. Otherwise, we'd have to wait until March...

Dan-o16 02-05-2013 10:27 AM

As I said before, I'm there for certain. And I'm far less ornery in person.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Strummergas 02-05-2013 08:03 PM

Bumping this up as the board tends to be busiest during a game, and I want everyone to get a chance to see this.

Strummergas 02-14-2013 07:41 PM

:laugh: So I don't know if it's even worth bumping this thread at this point as we seem to be in the middle of another horrible effort, but just a reminder that the proposed meet-up is still on for a week from tonight. See the first post for details.

Even if they continue to look like **** into next week, it might still be fun to get together as we'll all need several stiff drinks to help us cope with the ungoing drama of this team.

Please reply in the thread if you're interested in coming down.

Dan-o16 02-19-2013 03:26 PM

Bumping again.

2/21/13 - Thursday 7:00 pm
New York Islanders at Montreal Canadiens (drop at 7:30)
Mullane's, Brooklyn
71 Lafayette Ave.
G to Fulton
C to Lafayette
Everything Else to Atlantic

The event can double as a wake for our season. I'll be there come what may. So, I think, will Strummergas.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Strummergas 02-19-2013 05:27 PM

Indeed I will. Misery loves company, folks. Come on down!

Forty Six and Two 02-19-2013 08:52 PM

I'll try to stop by.

Trumanperro 02-19-2013 09:35 PM

I cant make it this Thursday, but would like to at some point. Lets make this a regular occurrence.

Strummergas 02-19-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumanperro (Post 60057539)
I cant make it this Thursday, but would like to at some point. Lets make this a regular occurrence.

Well, even if it's just me and Dan-o Thursday night, we'll at least use the occasion to scout Mullanes to see if it's worth doing something there again in the future.

Strummergas 02-21-2013 02:44 PM

OK, what the hell, one last bump for this tonight.

Come on down!

JJ18Sniper 02-21-2013 02:48 PM

Can't make it tonight, but will get there eventually.