HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Waived: Aaron Palushaj placed on waivers (UPD: Claimed by Colorado) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341331)

PyrettaBlaze 02-04-2013 12:03 PM

Aaron Palushaj placed on waivers (UPD: Claimed by Colorado)
 
DarrenDreger:
MTL places A. Palushaj on Waivers.

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/sta...76770729025536

Tuggy 02-04-2013 12:05 PM

Must be healthy enough to go back to Hamilton. He'll likely clear.

overlords 02-04-2013 12:05 PM

Didn't even know he was still injured.

YMCMBeaulieu 02-04-2013 12:07 PM

He'll at least help Hamilton's brutal offense.

shutehinside 02-04-2013 12:08 PM

Hopefully he'll get picked up by another team and do well for them.

Too bad he turned out to be an AHL star but never materialized at the NHL level. Classic 4A player.

hototogisu 02-04-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 59021355)
Hopefully he'll get picked up by another team and do well for them.

Too bad he turned out to be an AHL star but never materialized at the NHL level. Classic 4A player.

Why? We need Palushaj in the AHL, forgetting about his NHL potential for a second. I sure hope he doesn't get picked up. The Bulldogs are hurting for offense.

Habs 4 Life 02-04-2013 12:17 PM

Really doubt he gets claimed

shutehinside 02-04-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 59021507)
Why? We need Palushaj in the AHL, forgetting about his NHL potential for a second. I sure hope he doesn't get picked up. The Bulldogs are hurting for offense.

Because I'm thinking of him as a player. I wish him the best and if he can get a ride on another NHL team than I hope he does. If not, than like you said, he can bring some punch to an enemic Hamilton offense.

yoyo999 02-04-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 59021355)
Hopefully he'll get picked up by another team and do well for them.

Too bad he turned out to be an AHL star but never materialized at the NHL level. Classic 4A player.

I disagree. I've been to several Bulldogs games and he by no means 'stars' in the AHL.
He's a good player, top 6 for sure but he's nothing that can't be replaced.

IMO Subban, Price and Desharnais starred. They dominated and were clearly ready for the next step. Palushaj just hasn't done that yet.

shutehinside 02-04-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo999 (Post 59021763)
I disagree. I've been to several Bulldogs games and he by no means 'stars' in the AHL.
He's a good player, top 6 for sure but he's nothing that can't be replaced.

IMO Subban, Price and Desharnais starred. They dominated and were clearly ready for the next step. Palushaj just hasn't done that yet.

Well he's played in the All Start game and has been arguably the best career Bulldog since he's been there. So maybe he's not a "star" but he is among the best players on the team in any given year.

In any case, it's apparent there isn't much space for him on the Habs and he's beeter off going to a different team if he wishes to be an NHLer.

WeThreeKings 02-04-2013 12:30 PM

Meanwhile D'Agostini is on the Blues.

HiggsBozon 02-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 59021507)
Why? We need Palushaj in the AHL, forgetting about his NHL potential for a second. I sure hope he doesn't get picked up. The Bulldogs are hurting for offense.

Mind you, I'm sure there are better ways to wake up the offense of a struggling team than making Stefan Chaput a primary offensive player on your lineup. Palushaj sure would help, but after I saw what this team looked like in the first half of the season, a lot of things can be said about Lefebvre inept coaching.

LyricalLyricist 02-04-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 59022219)
Meanwhile D'Agostini is on the Blues.

Imagine if blues claimed him? Trolololol

Whitesnake 02-04-2013 12:34 PM

I stopped playing the waiver game for quite some time now...(ask Blind Guardian...), but I would think that he's not going to be picked up. I had a lot of confidence in Palushaj...okay I was blinded by the fact that he was an ex-Wolverine, yet, the speed was there, and he looked really good in the NCAA....but then he had to improve and just didn't.

I thought it was a good try to get him at the time, though was always saying that we didn't give D'Ago a fair try. As we usually do for most of our players....

Let's hope Palushaj isn't taken and help the Dogs.

Et le But 02-04-2013 12:35 PM

He's a massive disappointment but the Bulldogs need every half competent offensive player they can get.

cphabs 02-04-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 59021507)
Why? We need Palushaj in the AHL, forgetting about his NHL potential for a second. I sure hope he doesn't get picked up. The Bulldogs are hurting for offense.

There's nothing wrong with getting paid 200k a year to play hockey. :handclap: One of the better people I have happened into was a career AHLer.

Monctonscout 02-04-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 59022219)
Meanwhile D'Agostini is on the Blues.

Not much of a loss...90 points in 240 NHL games. Fringe NHLer.

Andy 02-04-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 59022219)
Meanwhile D'Agostini is on the Blues.

He's been in and out of the lineup to start the season as a healthy scratch.

Rise from the Ashes 02-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 59023559)
He's been in and out of the lineup to start the season as a healthy scratch.

Only because the Blues have so many other good top nine forwards.

I really hope Palushaj does not get claimed because the Dogs need finesse in a bad way.

Also, he still has NHL upside.

Andy 02-04-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes (Post 59023771)
Only because the Blues have so many other good top nine forwards.

I really hope Palushaj does not get claimed because the Dogs need finesse in a bad way.

Also, he still has NHL upside.

He's still having a hard time years after being traded at finding a permanent spot in a lineup.

He wasn't playing under Martin, he was consistently a healthy scratch (and his game was awful after that concussion) and it was either we moved him or lost him on waivers. It's not like D'agostini was tearing up the nhl where we could have got an insane return.

Crimson Skorpion 02-04-2013 01:11 PM

Hope Palushaj clears. Hamilton needs him. I doubt anybody gives much thought about taking him though.

helicecopter 02-04-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 59021355)
Hopefully he'll get picked up by another team and do well for them.

Too bad he turned out to be an AHL star but never materialized at the NHL level. Classic 4A player.

Actually, what can be said so far is:

classic example of a guy who has not been given a fair chance at the NHL level yet.

Habaddict 02-04-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 59021725)
Because I'm thinking of him as a player. I wish him the best and if he can get a ride on another NHL team than I hope he does. If not, than like you said, he can bring some punch to an enemic Hamilton offense.

Hamilton sounds like it would be the best for his career. After all , the
Bulldogs should have more offensive minutes for him than most AHL teams.
And it's hard to imagine an NHL team making room for him this year.

The fact that any team claiming him has to keep him in the NHL, combined
with his poor season so far, should get him through waivers.

Quarantesix 02-04-2013 01:20 PM

Never been high on Palushaj , still I hope nobody claim him and I hope can help Leblanc produce in the AHL

Teufelsdreck 02-04-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 59021507)
Why? We need Palushaj in the AHL, forgetting about his NHL potential for a second. I sure hope he doesn't get picked up. The Bulldogs are hurting for offense.

Are you equally a fan of the Bulldogs and the Habs? I'm not and I don't regret the potential loss of Palushaj. I thought the trade that brought him him was unwise.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.