HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NBA Agents Discussing Fehr For NBAPA Union Leader (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341555)

Sens Mile 02-04-2013 04:07 PM

NBA Agents Discussing Fehr For NBAPA Union Leader
 
As NBA players prepare to make a decision on union chief Billy Hunter's future at All-Star weekend in Houston in less than two weeks, several influential agents already are privately discussing a possible successor: longtime sports union leader Don Fehr.

Fehr, currently the executive director of the NHL Players Association, is the early preferred pick among multiple agents with enough clout to sway a significant portion of union membership, CBSSports.com has learned.


http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...o-billy-hunter

Take him, though curious who would succeed in NHLPA

overlords 02-04-2013 04:11 PM

That's some retirement he's got going.

IU Hawks fan 02-04-2013 04:17 PM

They're 10 years away from CBA talks. So not a whole lot of reason to try to get him right now.

Oscar Acosta 02-04-2013 04:18 PM

Get him as far away from hockey as possible and I'm happy.

DuckJet 02-04-2013 04:21 PM

:laugh:
good luck basketball.

cptjeff 02-04-2013 04:23 PM

Have fun with that.

a pony 02-04-2013 04:45 PM

Are we still holding to the fantasy that the owner initiated lockout was Fehr's fault somehow?

Chicago Made Punk 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

Please let this happen.

hadrian 02-04-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a pony (Post 59038571)
Are we still holding to the fantasy that the owner initiated lockout was Fehr's fault somehow?

He certainly played a part. Let's not try to start a lockout argument.

Freudian 02-04-2013 04:56 PM

He'd be the Bo Jackson of work stoppages.

Shrimper 02-04-2013 04:57 PM

Take him. Please.

a pony 02-04-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadrian (Post 59039015)
He certainly played a part. Let's not try to start a lockout argument.

I'd like to see an intelligent argument for that position for once actually.

Eytinge 02-04-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a pony (Post 59038571)
Are we still holding to the fantasy that the owner initiated lockout was Fehr's fault somehow?

Apparently...:shakehead:help:

Fire Lindy 02-04-2013 05:00 PM

MLB, NHL, and now the NBA? He sure gets around

bluesfan94 02-04-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a pony (Post 59039159)
I'd like to see an intelligent argument for that position for once actually.

PM me.

danishh 02-04-2013 05:29 PM

makes no sense given how far they are away from labor talks.

Heck, steve fehr might make more sense.

James Duthie 02-04-2013 05:31 PM

He's probably the worst union leader ever.

Fire Lindy 02-04-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Duthie (Post 59040583)
He's probably the worst union leader ever.

Maybe for us, but he's proven to be pretty good for the players.

a pony 02-04-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Duthie (Post 59040583)
He's probably the worst union leader ever.

A bold claim, what makes you say that?

Eytinge 02-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Lindy (Post 59040637)
Maybe for us, but he's proven to be pretty good for the players.

Yup. He doesn't work for the fans or their approval, he works for the players. And IMO he has done pretty well for the players in the leagues he's been involved in.

StittsvilleJames 02-04-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a pony (Post 59040775)
A bold claim, what makes you say that?

move on dude, the lockout's over.

Ewan McGregor 02-04-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eytinge (Post 59041343)
Yup. He doesn't work for the fans or their approval, he works for the players. And IMO he has done pretty well for the players in the leagues he's been involved in.

These people insulting Fehr and the players are incapable of empathy. No point arguing that.

s7ark 02-04-2013 06:10 PM

They can have him, but they also have to take Bettman back as well.

JS19 02-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark (Post 59042639)
They can have him, but they also have to take Bettman back as well.

I hope the NBA hires Bettman just so that the PA can respond by hiring Fehr. Just imagine the rage on Bettman's mind if he has to deal with him again :laugh:

Gnashville 02-04-2013 09:14 PM

Another sport for him to destroy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.