HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Team stats compared to last season (2011/12 vs 2013) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341575)

topshelfie 02-04-2013 04:24 PM

Team stats compared to last season (2011/12 vs 2013)
 
After 9 games

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.78 12th
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 1.67 2nd
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.67 5th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 25% 7th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 90% 9th
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 49% 17th

After 19 games

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.32 25th
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 1.84 1st
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.26 5th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 17.2% 17th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 88.7% 2nd
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 51% 10th

After 32 games

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.50 22nd
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 2.06 1st
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.10 10th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 20.4% 10th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 89% 2nd
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 49.6% 18th

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.40 25th
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 2.05 2nd
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.09 9th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 16.8% 18th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 88.3% 2nd
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 49.6% 18th

Did this thread last year and thought I would continue it again.I like comparing our team to the year before to see improvements and what we're doing better or worse.


Thoughts?

Do Make Say Think 02-04-2013 04:30 PM

We need to score more goals

Benny FTW 02-04-2013 04:40 PM

Hmmm, yes. Interesting.

Sens Rule 02-04-2013 04:41 PM

The won/loss record after nine games last year. We were 4-5.

Last year: Attendence (4 home games) AVG 18668
This year: Attendence (4 home games) AVG 19730

topshelfie 02-04-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Guy (Post 59037847)
We need to score more goals

Why? If we're better in goals against and special teams and our record is better than this time last season we should be alright.

If the refs start giving us more power plays than 1 or 2 per game I think our goal total can increase but it might be tough without Spezza.

danishh 02-04-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 59039851)
Why? If we're better in goals against and special teams and our record is better than this time last season we should be alright.

If the refs start giving us more power plays than 1 or 2 per game I think our goal total can increase but it might be tough without Spezza.

because expecting anderson to continue to be the best goalie in the NHL for 35+ more games is insane.

Two Line Pass 02-04-2013 05:20 PM

Anderson keeping us alive.

Sens Rule 02-04-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 59040003)
because expecting anderson to continue to be the best goalie in the NHL for 35+ more games is insane.

Love the team to make the playoffs and Anderson to win the Vezina!!!!! 2 year's in a row of trophy winner's!!! and both signed for years!

Micklebot 02-04-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 59040003)
because expecting anderson to continue to be the best goalie in the NHL for 35+ more games is insane.

12th in Goals per game is hardly bad. 2.78 would have been good for 10th last year (9th if you remove Ottawa).

Were 8th in Shots For - Shots against (+1.9/game) compared to 14th last year (-0.6).

Rocket Richard 02-06-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Rule (Post 59041807)
Love the team to make the playoffs and Anderson to win the Vezina!!!!! 2 year's in a row of trophy winner's!!! and both signed for years!

Judging by the schedule (not counting any more major player loss to injury), Pittsburgh is the only Team that worries me, while N.Y. & Philly are just horrible this year, we should handily make the playoffs. :yo:

CanadianHockey 02-06-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Richard (Post 59157309)
Judging by the schedule (not counting any more major player loss to injury), Pittsburgh is the only Team that worries me, while N.Y. & Philly are just horrible this year, we should handily make the playoffs. :yo:

All it takes is a couple wins for those teams to turn their seasons around.

Lenny the Lynx 02-06-2013 10:16 AM

PP is now 27.3% which is 4th best, and PK is 90.9% which is 3rd best.

And our PP/PK differential is 3rd worst in the league (33pp vs 44 pk). Toronto's is the best - 50 Powerplays and 32 pks.

the tribute 02-06-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumperStumper (Post 59158615)
PP is now 27.3% which is 4th best, and PK is 90.9% which is 3rd best.

And our PP/PK differential is 3rd worst in the league (33pp vs 44 pk). Toronto's is the best - 50 Powerplays and 32 pks.

No surprises there, we've always been the refs scapegoat.

Beville 02-06-2013 10:33 AM

Bring back Konopka.

mranderson 02-06-2013 12:04 PM

I'm just glad that we have such goaltending depth that we can lean on.

Also happy that during this lockout shortened and compressed season, there are no Olympics to derail said goaltending...

Edit:
<optimism>

Hopefully Regin (58% last night) has turned a corner, is healed, and can help contribute - at the very least help us improve our faceoff numbers.

</optimism>

topshelfie 02-24-2013 02:58 PM

After 19 games

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.32 25th
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 1.84 1st
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.26 5th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 17.2% 17th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 88.7% 2nd
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 51% 10th

We are still strong defensively but struggling to score goals without Karlsson and Spezza. We can expect our defence to go down slightly without Anderson in nets but so far so good!

topshelfie 03-25-2013 07:33 AM

After 32 games

team stat 2011/2012 rank 2013 rank
Goals per game 2.96 4th 2.50 22nd
Goals against per game 2.88 24th 2.06 1st
5 on 5 for/against 1.04 10th 1.10 10th
Powerplay 18.2% 11th 20.4% 10th
Penalty kill 81.6% 20th 89% 2nd
Faceoffs 50.1% 16th 49.6% 18th

Thought I would update this again before the trade deadline. Our goals per game has obviously gone down quite a bit but our strong defensive play and a timely powerplay has kept us where we are in the standings.

When Spezza is back our goals per game and faceoffs should go up!

SilverSeven 03-25-2013 07:37 AM

Karlssons impact on GF, GA, and 5on5 is unreal. Not to mention the PP.

Micklebot 03-25-2013 08:47 AM

Thought I'd break it down by segment, as a slump through the middle stretch had a pretty big impact


Games GF GA SF SA
23-32 33 (3.3/g)26 (2.6/g) 336 (33.6/g) 330 (33/g)
13-22 16 (1.6/g) 18 (1.8/g) 325 (32.5/g) 355 (35.5/g)
1-12 27 (2.25/g) 25 (2.08/g) 389 (32.4/g) 381 (31.75/g)

Were trending in the right direction, with the exception of GAA. Surprisingly both shots for and against have stayed relatively steady.

SilverSeven 03-25-2013 08:49 AM

It amazes me how many pucks this team puts on net when they MISS the net so damn much. We must attempt more shots than any other team in the league.

starling 03-25-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSeven (Post 62352565)
It amazes me how many pucks this team puts on net when they MISS the net so damn much. We must attempt more shots than any other team in the league.

Last time I checked we were leading the league both in Shots and Missed Shots.

Milan the God* 03-25-2013 09:01 AM

Crazy that we've been without Karlsson and Cowen, Gonchar has missed a few games, Methot has missed a game, we have three defensemen who were in the AHL last year, we're rotating between our backup and third string goalie yet we're first in the league in GAA.

FolignoQuantumLeap 03-25-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling (Post 62352731)
Last time I checked we were leading the league in Shots and Missed Shots lol.

I was looking at that last night. Missed shots seems to be a common theme amongst the league's best teams. Not surprising at all but another was that many bad defensive teams have high blocked shot totals. Ottawa is bottom third while very high in takeaways. Kind of paints a picture of how this team operates. Our forecheck has been fantastic.

We're still a high scoring team 5 on 5 with the PP ranked ~10 yet we're 22nd in GFPG. This paints the picture that we're taking too many damn penalties and not getting enough PP opportunities. As an example Montreal is #1 in PPG and we have almost an identical pp% yet we're at #16. 9 goal difference.

Micklebot 03-25-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starling (Post 62352731)
Last time I checked we were leading the league both in Shots and Missed Shots.

1st in league in Fenwick for (Shot attempts including Goals, shots, blocked shots and misses)

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/team...F&sortdir=DESC

Micklebot 03-25-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap (Post 62353177)
I was looking at that last night. Missed shots seems to be a common theme amongst the league's best teams. Not surprising at all but another was that many bad defensive teams have high blocked shot totals. Ottawa is bottom third while very high in takeaways. Kind of paints a picture of how this team operates. Our forecheck has been fantastic.

We're still a high scoring team 5 on 5 with the PP ranked ~10 yet we're 22nd in GFPG. This paints the picture that we're taking too many damn penalties and not getting enough PP opportunities. As an example Montreal is #1 in PPG and we have almost an identical pp% yet we're at #16. 9 goal difference.

Missed shots are common for top teams and blocked shots for weak teams because they demonstrate who has possession. You can't miss the net if you didn't have the puck, and you can't block one if you have it. This all goes to show that Ottawa has a very strong possession game, as is to be expected with MacLean at the head.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.