HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GDT: Canes @ Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341621)

What the Faulk 02-04-2013 05:28 PM

Canes @ Leafs
 
I had something in mind about Jeff O'Neill appreciation night or something, but scratch that since I marked down the wrong Leafs' game that I was in charge of creating the GDT for. Oh well.

Michael Smith says the lines are as follows:

Tlusty // Eric // Semin
Skinner // Jordan // Dwyer
Bowman // Jokinen // LaRose
Wallace // Brent // Westgarth

Pitkanen // McBain
Faulk // Gleason
Harrison // Sanguinetti

Ward
Ellis

I don't think it's been confirmed that Ward is starting, but I doubt it needs to be. No way Ellis goes back in there. Somewhat surprised that Sanguinetti is going back out there instead of Corvo especially with guys like Dalpe and Boychuk getting shorter leashes.

Sorry for the lame GDT. I'm also fairly exhausted.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:29 PM

You still have about half an hour to O'Neill this one out if you hurry. :laugh:

PaulProteus 02-04-2013 05:33 PM

I wonder which will happen first: Westgarth actually has a fight in a Hurricanes uniform, or Tim Gleason racks up 30 penalty minutes? (Gleason's at 24 right now.)

Roboturner913 02-04-2013 05:33 PM

Rather see Dwyer on the 2nd line than the other choices, I guess. :shakehead

Anton Dubinchuk 02-04-2013 05:33 PM

This is gonna jinx the game, I don't like predicting wins, but this is the worst goalie we've played since the first two games which I'm calling mulligans.

I think if the PP ever wakes up, it's this game.

I think if Semin finally gets that wrister working, it's this game.

I think if JStaal ever scores a goal, it's this game.

This has the feel of a 5 or 6 goal game for us, I'll go ahead and say a 5-2 win.

Canes goals:

J. Staal (2), Semin, Wallace, Faulk (Eric keep the point streak going with assists)

Toronto goals:

Frattin, Kadri




Having said that, 5-1 loss.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 59040699)
This is gonna jinx the game, I don't like predicting wins, but this is the worst goalie we've played since the first two games which I'm calling mulligans.

I think if the PP ever wakes up, it's this game.

I think if Semin finally gets that wrister working, it's this game.

I think if JStaal ever scores a goal, it's this game.

This has the feel of a 5 or 6 goal game for us, I'll go ahead and say a 5-2 win.

Canes goals:

J. Staal (2), Semin, Wallace, Faulk (Eric keep the point streak going with assists)

Toronto goals:

Frattin, Kadri




Having said that, 5-1 loss.


No, no, no. You just guaranteed a 6-1 loss there, pal.

What the Faulk 02-04-2013 05:35 PM

After writing two articles and part of a third today, I think I've used up all my creative juices. Maybe a simplified GDT is just what the doctor ordered for the start of a win streak.



I wonder how disappointed Jiri Tlusty is to be interviewed by Tripp instead of Chantel. He's been, uh, fairly candid on Twitter about things. They seem deleted now though.

PaulProteus 02-04-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboturner913 (Post 59040679)
Rather see Dwyer on the 2nd line than the other choices, I guess. :shakehead

My response to seeing that was, "Sure. Why the **** not?" Let's give it a shot, I say.

What the Faulk 02-04-2013 05:41 PM

Sounds like Muller is pleased with Bowman's development and wants to increase his role, just slowly. Talked a lot about the fundamentals like skating and defensive responsibility, so that probably explains why Dalpe and Boychuk got shorter leashes.

PaulProteus 02-04-2013 05:42 PM

"Sanding... er, sharpening the skates." :facepalm:

"George" is mighty excited to be talking to Chantel.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

Uhhh, isn't Alves' name spelled Jorge?

Yes, yes it is.

FSCR screwing up again. Nothing new.

Anton Dubinchuk 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 59041091)
Sounds like Muller is pleased with Bowman's development and wants to increase his role, just slowly. Talked a lot about the fundamentals like skating and defensive responsibility, so that probably explains why Dalpe and Boychuk got shorter leashes.

Nice. Could be cool to eventually see him slide up to the 2nd line with JStaal and Skinner if he continues to impress.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:49 PM

John is being rather polite. Out penalty kill "Had their challenges" against Philly.

Boom Boom Anton 02-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 59040699)
This is gonna jinx the game, I don't like predicting wins, but this is the worst goalie we've played since the first two games which I'm calling mulligans.

Is Reimer in net for them or Scrivens? if it's Reimer, I believe only Anderson has a better save % than Reimer out of all the goalies the Canes faced this year.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 59041575)
Is Reimer in net for them or Scrivens? if it's Reimer, I believe only Anderson has a better save % than Reimer out of all the goalies the Canes faced this year.

It's Reimer, according to everything I've seen. Nobody but Anderson higher than Reimer in save percentage (with Bryzgalov one spot lower), only Anderson and Bryzgalov above him in GAA.

PaulProteus 02-04-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 59041575)
Is Reimer in net for them or Scrivens? if it's Reimer, I believe only Anderson has a better save % than Reimer out of all the goalies the Canes faced this year.

It's Reimer and his .922.

Boom Boom Anton 02-04-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 59041629)
It's Reimer, according to everything I've seen. Nobody but Anderson higher than Reimer in save percentage (with Bryzgalov one spot lower), only Anderson and Bryzgalov above him in GAA.

Ah..you and your ninja edit skills

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 59041781)
Ah..you and your ninja edit skills

If only you knew. I edited that post four times in the past three minutes.

Anton Dubinchuk 02-04-2013 05:54 PM

Meh, I'm not sold on Reimer. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong because I've been wrong about everything I've said about hockey this season so far, but I've just never thought too highly of the kid. Nice numbers so far but obviously it's early...

Oenatzu 02-04-2013 05:54 PM

LaRose will score his first of the season today.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:55 PM

I'm a Daytona 500 champion, I can't believe it.

What the Faulk 02-04-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oenatzu (Post 59041837)
LaRose will score his first of the season today.

I picked Bowman for the Twitter promotion thing.

I do think somebody will score their first.

Head Goose 02-04-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 59041959)
I picked Bowman for the Twitter promotion thing.

I do think somebody will score their first.

I'd certainly hope so. Not enough players have scored goals for this team through seven games. Especially if four different defensemen have scored goals, but only four forwards.

Stahl2Stall 02-04-2013 05:59 PM

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Scouts listed for CAR/TOR game from: ANA, BOS, COL, DAL, DET, EDM (2), FLA, MIN, MTL (2), NAS, NYR, OTT, PIT (2), SJ, STL, TB (2), WPG

Head Goose 02-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall (Post 59042083)
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Scouts listed for CAR/TOR game from: ANA, BOS, COL, DAL, DET, EDM (2), FLA, MIN, MTL (2), NAS, NYR, OTT, PIT (2), SJ, STL, TB (2), WPG

Ho. Lee. ****.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.