HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Players You Like on Teams You Hate (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341697)

CriminallyVu1gar 02-04-2013 07:30 PM

Players You Like on Teams You Hate

Saw Schopp's tweet celebrating the Marchand injury and got me thinking and talking with some Bruins fans about players on each others' teams that we actually like.

My big two are Chara, because I find it amusing that he's articulate and intelligent, and Thornton because I respect him as a fighter. Unlike most I don't have much of an opinion on Marchand.

Jame 02-04-2013 07:34 PM

Giroux and Couturier
Bergeron and Chara/Boychuk/Seidenberg

FearTheBeard 02-04-2013 07:41 PM

James VanReimsdyk, David Krejci, Tyler Seguin, Eric Karlsson, Milan Michalek, Brandon Prust, Claude Giroux

Jacob582 02-04-2013 07:50 PM

Marty Biron, Danny Briere, Marc Savard, Mike Kostka, Joffrey Lupul (kidding).

jfb392 02-04-2013 08:05 PM

I don't really hate either team (guess I'm supposed to), but I'll go with Giroux and even though it will rile everyone up, Lucic.
Giroux is my favorite player in the league and there's just no one else in the league right now that has the combination of size, skills, and toughness that Lucic has.

Both are nice stories too.
Giroux came from a small town in the middle of nowhere and played A and AA hockey for his whole life, was passed up in the OHL Draft because of his size, then ended up a first round pick in the NHL two years removed from Minor Midget AA.
He tore up the Q, won the President's Trophy and was playoff MVP with a ridiculous 51 points in 19 games that year, and fell just short of winning the Memorial Cup.
Lucic of course had his back condition that caused him to be passed on in the Bantam Draft and to almost give up hockey altogether.
He also played with the Vancouver Spirit for most of his life, which is not a top flight MHA (usually between Tier 2 and 3, which British Columbia uses instead of letter designations).
He was listed by the Vancouver Giants and played Junior A and B before spending two seasons in the WHL, winning the league once and appearing in the Memorial Cup twice (won once and was MVP of the tournament).
He then made the NHL at 19.

Edit: Also forgot Seguin.
We have a lot in common, since we share the exact same birthday and we're both **********.
Must have been something in the water that day.

is the answer jesus 02-04-2013 08:09 PM

Briere, Couturier, Giroux, Krejci, Seguin, Patrice Bergeron, Max Pac, and Carey Price

JOHNBOY 02-04-2013 08:17 PM

Zdeno Chara and Tomas Plekanec.

kirby11 02-04-2013 08:22 PM

Giroux, Plekanec, Krejci, J. Staal, Markov

buffswords 02-04-2013 08:26 PM

Giroux and Simmonds are my two favorite players in the NHL. I also like Seguin and Malkin.

Zip15 02-04-2013 08:42 PM

Alfie. Pure class.

Max Pax. Always seems dangerous.

Kimmo Timonen. Such a smooth game.

Bergeron. Prototype hockey player.

DJN21 02-04-2013 09:05 PM

I hate too many teams so I'll try to keep it division specific...

Theres a ton like: McQuaid (who im certain is bat **** crazy and isnt scared of a thing), krejci, bergeron, greening, JVR, Smith, Max pax, Price

HOWEVER

None compare to my man crush I have on (Y)Emelin. I'd likely give away a 1st round pick and then some to get him on this team. The only thing keeping my love from boiling into a full blown bromance is the fact he throws huge hits but will never ever fight again....but seriously i see what a breath of fresh air Weber has been these past few and then I imagine Emelin on our blueline and I get giddy lol

Paxon 02-04-2013 09:27 PM

Without racking my brain much as there are frankly many, here are some:

Giroux, Grabovski, Bergeron... :help:Chara:help:

SackTastic 02-04-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar (Post 59047819)
Saw Schopp's tweet celebrating the Marchand injury and got me thinking and talking with some Bruins fans about players on each others' teams that we actually like.

My big two are Chara, because I find it amusing that he's articulate and intelligent, and Thornton because I respect him as a fighter. Unlike most I don't have much of an opinion on Marchand.

1. Why follow Schopp?
2. Just when you think he can't be any more of a waste, he celebrates an injury? What a *******.

SundherDome 02-04-2013 09:30 PM

Kostka...always liked him from his time here and florida.
Giroux... guy plays the game the way its supposed to.
Dipietro.. liked him from day one ..it was also around the time I seriously started paying attention to other teams
Callahan... see giroux
Hossa ... the guy can flat out play ..always wanted him on our team.

Paxon 02-04-2013 09:33 PM

Would love to have Marchand on this team as well and Schopp's an asterisk and a half.

tsujimoto74 02-04-2013 09:38 PM

Bergeron - seems like a good leader, and I just like the way he plays the game
Hartnell - hate playing against him, but I can't help but like him
Alfredsson - gotta respect a class act like him

HockeyHeaven8248 02-04-2013 10:04 PM

SpezzA

Lecalvalier

Mike Fisher

Tim Connolly-- I Know, IKnow

Clarke Macarthur

Corvo/Gleason

Lloydchristmas138 02-04-2013 10:09 PM

Philly- Giroux, Bryzgalov, Simmonds
Toronto- Gardiner, JVR(UNH connections)
Boston-....
Montreal-Subban, Pacioretty
Ottawa-.....
Dallas-Benn
Carolina-Skinner, Faulk

sabresfan129103 02-04-2013 10:12 PM

Patrick Kane. I probably wouldn't like him if he wasn't from Buffalo, but he is, so I do. I'm still hanging onto that dream for 2015-2016.

cybresabre 02-04-2013 11:52 PM

Callahan, Gionta, Couturier

Rasmus Reichel 02-05-2013 12:09 AM

Karlsson
Briere
Stamkos
Gaborik
Benn

ssheeran10 02-06-2013 12:29 PM

Roy, Tallinder, Lydman, Biron, Briere, Bob Corkum, Nathan Paetsch and Jean-luc Grand-Pierre.

1972 02-06-2013 12:34 PM

Stamkos is without a doubt my favorite player in the NHL, I like alot of players around the league, really only dislike a handful but would love if they played for Buffalo.

MGIII 02-06-2013 12:41 PM

I'd love Rask to be on our roster. Enroth is not good enough to cover the mistakes our defense makes.

TakeThatTootoo 02-06-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssheeran10 (Post 59164941)
Roy, Tallinder, Lydman, Biron, Briere, Bob Corkum, Nathan Paetsch and Jean-luc Grand-Pierre.

You hate the Sabres?