HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Nick Foligno (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1341943)

ErikKarlsson 02-04-2013 11:58 PM

Nick Foligno

Wondering how he's working out for you guys. Loved him in Ottawa but Methot has been solid too. :nod:

You guys think it was a win-win trade?

Matthew 02-05-2013 12:01 AM

Other than accidentally nearly killing James Wisniewski, I like Foligno and what he's offered to the team so far.

Sore Loser 02-05-2013 12:10 AM

I think this was one of those trades that, at the time, nobody really noticed ... but when everyone looks back on it 2-3 years from now, it will be a deal that was perfect for both teams. Columbus clearly has a glut of quality (if not spectacular) defensemen, and needed help up front ... while Ottawa's problem was completely the opposite.

I really like what Nick Foligno has brought. Some skill, a ton of hard work, a nice mix of grit and physical play ... perfect fit for a young, rebuilding team.

punk_o_holic 02-05-2013 12:10 AM

Like his work ethic. Looks like it's a win/win trade for now.

slightlystewpid420 02-05-2013 12:25 AM

I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad

Friedrich 02-05-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 (Post 59074875)
I think we've only really seen glimpses of what he can do. I've noticed he tries to make a lot pretty plays that he just barely can't finish. Just wait until there's some more offensive firepower out there in the top 6 and I think he's going to be a really good complementary piece out there. I really like the thought of a Foligno RyJo Atkinson line. Or you could even throw Anisimov in for RyJo.

Definitely a win win trade, but I wish we could have packaged LA's first and maybe a prospect for Zinbanjad

With LA doing so poorly as of now, I'm not sure if that would have been a good idea.

As far as Foligno goes, he certainly doesn't have hands of stone. There have been a few times where he had a really nice move on the goaltender where he just got robbed. I forget which game it was, but I was watching the other team's feed, and their announcers said that a move he made on the goaltender looked like Forsberg.

Fro 02-05-2013 08:03 AM

hasn't quite put it all together here yet, but his work ethic shows every time he's on the ice...take care of Meth for us...

Xoggz22 02-05-2013 02:33 PM

It's very early to tell, no training camp and very little skill and creativity up front for Columbus. I think Foligno will turn out just fine but he hasn't really hit stride yet. I wasn't a huge fan of Methot. Thought he was a bottom pair guy with limitations in the offensive zone but size and skating is a good thing to have on the back end. he'll help in Ottawa the same as Foligno will help in Cbus. Should end up a win-win trade.

Certainly no down side for either team which is a good thing too.