HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Philip Kessel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342017)

George Maharis 02-05-2013 03:14 AM

Philip Kessel

BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY, I IN NO WAY THINK TORONTO IS GOING TO TRADE KESSEL, NOR DO I WANT TO HEAR THE "ONLY TRADING HIM FOR A CENTRE" STUFF.. I STRICTLY WANT TO KNOW HIS TRADE VALUE FOR ANECDOTAL REASONS.

So, now that I cleared that up... what do you think his value is? His cap hit is $5.4mil for the next 2 years..
If you could give his value with and without draft picks that would be fantastic, thanks.

LolungoReboundo 02-05-2013 03:34 AM

obligatory with draft picks: 1st+1st+2nd
obligatory without: seguin+hamilton+knight

lol with that said he's a pure sniper whose tallied 30+ goals for like 4 or 5 straight seasons now and we've seen that he can be a ppg player. So I'd say he certainly hasn't done anything to drop his initial value so probably a bluechip prospect+ mid 1st+2nd?

604 02-05-2013 03:40 AM

As a Canucks fan, I'd give up two 1sts + 2nd.

topcat986* 02-05-2013 03:45 AM

My estemed personal fit is to one of 3 choices................1) Vancouver for Luongo and a 1st, 2) The capitals for Laich, Alzner and 1st. 3) Colorado Avalanche for Stasny, 1st and Oreilly.

George Maharis 02-05-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LolungoReboundo (Post 59078179)
obligatory with draft picks: 1st+1st+2nd
obligatory without: seguin+hamilton+knight

lol with that said he's a pure sniper whose tallied 30+ goals for like 4 or 5 straight seasons now and we've seen that he can be a ppg player. So I'd say he certainly hasn't done anything to drop his initial value so probably a bluechip prospect+ mid 1st+2nd?

How did I not see that coming? :laugh:

LickTheEnvelope 02-05-2013 03:53 AM

Decent player + 1st + Decent Prospect ish?

Scheinder, Gaunce, 1st for Kessel + one of Reimer or Scrivens?

Wont happen but that value looks right...maybe add a 2nd in a couple years.

BoHorvatFan 02-05-2013 03:54 AM

He has 1 more year left on his contract and after that he'll be given a huge deal to... score goals(which he has 0 of in 9 games this year). He plays on the outside of the rink, shoots from the outside, brings zero physicality, goes into witness protection when hit early in a game.

So not only would a team have to give up good assets to get a one dimensional, small, soft scorer but they'd also have to re-sign that player at 6+ million per year long term...

I'd do Booth and Schneider or Schneider and a 1st for him because I think he's a nice complimentary piece on a great team. Still can't believe Burke thought he was a franchise player and someone to build around.

CSimpson18 02-05-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan (Post 59078307)
He has 1 more year left on his contract and after that he'll be given a huge deal to... score goals(which he has 0 of in 9 games this year). He plays on the outside of the rink, shoots from the outside, brings zero physicality, goes into witness protection when hit early in a game.

So not only would a team have to give up good assets to get a one dimensional, small, soft scorer but they'd also have to re-sign that player at 6+ million per year long term...

I'd do Booth and Schneider or Schneider and a 1st for him because I think he's a nice complimentary piece on a great team. Still can't believe Burke thought he was a franchise player and someone to build around.

So according to you he's pretty much a 30 goal scoring pile of dog ****? Yet you'd trade a very good cheap young goalie and a first?

I really feel bad for kessel. I hope he never reads this crap.

George Maharis 02-05-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 59078555)
So according to you he's pretty much a 30 goal scoring pile of dog ****? Yet you'd trade a very good cheap young goalie and a first?

I really feel bad for kessel. I hope he never reads this crap.

I do! I'd be honoured to have him read my thread :D

Jeff_Dyck_#1 02-05-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucicfist (Post 59078257)
My estemed personal fit is to one of 3 choices................1) Vancouver for Luongo and a 1st, 2) The capitals for Laich, Alzner and 1st. 3) Colorado Avalanche for Stasny, 1st and Oreilly.

http://foodcourtlunch.com/wp-content..._cup_leafs.jpg

steveat 02-05-2013 06:54 AM

What do the Leafs need now? A centre right? What about straight up for a good centreman? Unless the Leafs are looking to do a full rebuild, I don't think they'd go for a mediocre player plus high picks.

Something like a Kessel for Getzlaf or something along those lines.

FlyingHigh28* 02-05-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucicfist (Post 59078257)

One of these proposals is considerably weaker than the other 2...

Seems like someone overvalues Bobby Lu...

MXD 02-05-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveat (Post 59079607)
What do the Leafs need now? A centre right? What about straight up for a good centreman? Unless the Leafs are looking to do a full rebuild, I don't think they'd go for a mediocre player plus high picks.

Something like a Kessel for Getzlaf or something along those lines.

The Ducks are 6-1-1 at the moment...
So it's safe to say that this won't happen.

BLNY 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

He's not going to get what Burke paid to get him. Plain and simple.

TML g u n n e R s* 02-05-2013 09:12 AM

i guarantee you he will not leave unless it is massive overpayment

SPV 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Both Toronto & LA could use a shake up. I think the Mike Richards for Phil Kessel trade makes sense for both sides. Would have LA add though, maybe Dwight King?

King & Richards for Kessel.

I think Richards would excel in Toronto, and I can't stand the guy so as a Bruins fan I'd love/hate to see him back in the mix several times a year.

Vankiller Whale 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s (Post 59082633)
i guarantee you he will not leave unless it is massive overpayment

Via UFA? :naughty:

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope (Post 59078303)
Decent player + 1st + Decent Prospect ish?

Scheinder, Gaunce, 1st for Kessel + one of Reimer or Scrivens?

Wont happen but that value looks right...maybe add a 2nd in a couple years.

no it doesn't

Lord J T Shark 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 59078021)
BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY, I IN NO WAY THINK TORONTO IS GOING TO TRADE KESSEL, NOR DO I WANT TO HEAR THE "ONLY TRADING HIM FOR A CENTRE" STUFF.. I STRICTLY WANT TO KNOW HIS TRADE VALUE FOR ANECDOTAL REASONS.

So, now that I cleared that up... what do you think his value is? His cap hit is $5.4mil for the next 2 years..
If you could give his value with and without draft picks that would be fantastic, thanks.

we had this thread yesterday

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 02-05-2013 09:15 AM

Phillip?

Way too formal for my taste.

frankthetank91 02-05-2013 09:19 AM

Richards and Clifford for Kessel.

The Podium 02-05-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPV (Post 59082705)
Both Toronto & LA could use a shake up. I think the Mike Richards for Phil Kessel trade makes sense for both sides. Would have LA add though, maybe Dwight King?

I think Richards would excel in Toronto, and I can't stand the guy so as a Bruins fan I'd love/hate to see him back in the mix several times a year.

I like this, one of the few deals id accept. It doesnt even have to be King, could be Penner as a dump and id be happy.

This is the exact type of deal we should be looking for, a swap to fill a need rather than full-rebuild

Oates2Neely 02-05-2013 09:24 AM

Kessel to Minnesota

stamkos 02-05-2013 09:27 AM

Phils a great scorer, i seriously think he will be traded. Will be for a centre.

GordieHoweHatTrick 02-05-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPV (Post 59082705)

Not a bad idea. Los Angeles would have to add though.

Who's better, Ryan O'Reilly or Mike Richards?