HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flyers / Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342063)

JagerPuck 02-05-2013 07:20 AM

Flyers / Red Wings

Ive seen a few Detroit fans mention that Abdelkader is off to a very slow start this season..
8GO 0G, 0A, -3.

The Flyers would love another big bodied bottom-6 winger who isnt an AHL call-up plugging in minutes.
With the Rangers acquiring Darrol Powe the Flyers will need more skilled, gritty depth to keep up in the Atlantic.

I know the Flyers have a few defensive prospects that have NHL experience, but I wouldnt be so keen on moving Gustafsson, Bourdon or Manning.

That being said I think a proposal of the following would be close;

:flyers trade
LW Marcel Noebels or C Nick Cousins
3rd Round (2014)

:wings trade
LW Justin Abdelkader

Would love to see Abdelkader come to Philly and make an impact similar to Wayne Simmonds last season. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

Thoughts? Flames? Improvements?

abhanot 02-05-2013 07:22 AM

Done deal from the Red Wings perspective IMO.

The Zetterberg Era 02-05-2013 07:29 AM

Abdelkader is a very divided player in terms of what Wings fans think of him. What the team thinks of him is quite clear. They have given him a four year contract this off-season and like that he can play both wing and center on the bottom six lines. He hits, has some size and fights even though he isn't great at it. I don't think he is the first name available although Cousins is certainly tearing apart the OHL and they should be quite familiar with him from all their time with Sproul and the trips up to check on his progress. But he is another slight foward and short forward, the pick on top of it would be nice.

I just think Gator is a tough move for the actual management team. They like him and his slow start hasn't been harped on in the press either by anyone around the team. It is a bottom six problem all around, so not just him.

Noebels is a big guy, but I am not as sure on him. He would fit getting bigger, but they are pretty loaded at the winger spot in the prospect department.

Ironmanrulez 02-05-2013 08:03 AM

In this situation i would stay with our talents and donīt sell draftpicks... But thats only me....

JagerPuck 02-05-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez (Post 59080835)
In this situation i would stay with our talents and donīt sell draftpicks... But thats only me....

I think I may value Abdelkader (Gator is his nickname? We'll take it) more than most Flyers fans but hes got a great cap hit (1.7/4 years) and is really a wrecking ball at times for Detroit.
The Flyers need a physical forward, horribly. They are constantly being beaten to pucks in the corners and I feel, intimidated by bigger players. 'Kader has potential to be a force for a few years with his size.

GoAwayDanCleary 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

I'd rather the Wings hold on to Gator as he's a very effective bottom-six winger and, although his style isn't suited for it, he is one of our few bottom-six skaters who can play center. This might sound crazy but I think it would take a first to get KH to bite because he can use the BUF/NSH trade (Gaustad rental for a 1st) as his gauge for Gator's worth. And because KH is just simply afraid to do anything bold nowadays.

Abdelkader + 3rd for Philly's 1st?

I'm not quite sure. Just don't expect it to happen.

Tripod 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagerPuck (Post 59080009)
Ive seen a few Detroit fans mention that Abdelkader is off to a very slow start this season..
8GO 0G, 0A, -3.

The Flyers would love another big bodied bottom-6 winger who isnt an AHL call-up plugging in minutes.
With the Rangers acquiring Darrol Powe the Flyers will need more skilled, gritty depth to keep up in the Atlantic.

I know the Flyers have a few defensive prospects that have NHL experience, but I wouldnt be so keen on moving Gustafsson, Bourdon or Manning.

That being said I think a proposal of the following would be close;

:flyers trade
LW Marcel Noebels or C Nick Cousins
3rd Round (2014)

:wings trade
LW Justin Abdelkader

Would love to see Abdelkader come to Philly and make an impact similar to Wayne Simmonds last season. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

Thoughts? Flames? Improvements?

I don't see Philly trading away a player that is leading the OHL in points and a 3rd rounder for a bottom 6 forward...which they have lots of if everyone is healthy. Philly is struggling right now...but looking at their schedule, this is the month to turn it around. They need to go 10-5 this month. Then at that point, re-eveluate. Then become sellers...not buyers. All assets should be kept to throw at a #1 D-man...not bottom 6 guys.

shultzyfeelinirie20 02-05-2013 09:59 AM

i would do it from Detroits perspective but everyone seems to love abby

junyab 02-05-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagerPuck (Post 59080979)
I think I may value Abdelkader (Gator is his nickname? We'll take it) more than most Flyers fans but hes got a great cap hit (1.7/4 years) and is really a wrecking ball at times for Detroit.
The Flyers need a physical forward, horribly. They are constantly being beaten to pucks in the corners and I feel, intimidated by bigger players. 'Kader has potential to be a force for a few years with his size.

Simmonds, Rinaldo, Voracek, Hartnell, Couturier, Read, Talbot are intimidated and won't go into the corners?!?! That's news to me.

NitHeel 02-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nose (Post 59082215)
I'd rather the Wings hold on to Gator as he's a very effective bottom-six winger and, although his style isn't suited for it, he is one of our few bottom-six skaters who can play center. This might sound crazy but I think it would take a first to get KH to bite because he can use the BUF/NSH trade (Gaustad rental for a 1st) as his gauge for Gator's worth. And because KH is just simply afraid to do anything bold nowadays.

Abdelkader + 3rd for Philly's 1st?

I'm not quite sure. Just don't expect it to happen.

We aren't playing well enough to consider moving our 1st rounder right now.

mercury 02-05-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitHeel (Post 59092725)

I wouldn't move our 1st for Abdelkader if we were in line for the President's Trophy.

GoAwayDanCleary 02-05-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitHeel (Post 59092725)

Well my point was, even if you had one of the best records in the league you wouldn't want to trade a first rounder for him. Let alone a mid-first round pick.

HighOFFHockey 02-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 59093077)
I wouldn't move our 1st for Abdelkader if we were in line for the President's Trophy.

just another case of people over valuing their players. A struggling forward for a first...:help:

Yeah people seem to miss the fact that good players come out of nowhere all the time and it's a team game. Just cause u grab a bottom 6 forward from a good team doesn't mean he'll be just as good on another team (AKA Leno). I would rather stand pat and let our youth developed then have everyone offering ridiculousness low ball offers that were met with outrage last season. 9 games go by and everyone thinks the world's flipped upside down.

Vikke 02-05-2013 01:07 PM

Noebels, sure. Cousins? No way.

LarKing 02-05-2013 01:21 PM

I wouldn't do it because we have a ton of forwards and forward prospects that either should be on the team right now or will be ready in a year or two. Most wings fans don't like Abby but he does fight and bring some physicality to the wings even if he sucks at it.

dawkins121 02-05-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke (Post 59093951)
Noebels, sure. Cousins? No way.

Yeah definitely not Cousins, I'd like to see what the Flyers have in him before we use him as bait for a bottom 6 forward.

NitHeel 02-05-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 59093077)

Well, there's that too.

Roo Mad Bro 02-05-2013 01:34 PM

Abdelkader and 1st round pick shouldn't be in the same sentence.

JayB 02-05-2013 06:06 PM

What it would take to get Franzen to Philly ?

The Zetterberg Era 02-05-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 59095301)
Abdelkader and 1st round pick shouldn't be in the same sentence.

True, but he was just signed to a four year deal and they really like him. He will cost more than he should because Holland and Babcock like the guy. Plus they have done the leg work on a contract. Throw in the local aspect he has with Detroit and you wind up paying a premium on a guy you shouldn't. I don't want to use the Gaustad overpayment, but they will want some nice things, it won't be as cheap as most people think.

LarKing 02-05-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 59109261)
What it would take to get Franzen to Philly ?

Giroux :)

mailman89 02-06-2013 04:26 AM

No and no #1's please Stay the course Flyers

Hobnobs 02-06-2013 05:04 AM

Since Flyers only have Schenn, Timonen and Coburn on D as great bagaining chips I feel that this will not come to anything.

I would like a defenseman to come back preferrably a solid one who can play #3-4 minutes.

How is Grossman looking? Has he gone down hill completely?

djlethal08 02-06-2013 05:53 AM

I personally have zero interest in dealing for Justin Abdelkader, especially if it would cost Cousins or Noebels. Based of what I've seen of Abdelkader, which is admittedly not much, I don't view him as more then a 4th line grinder. And the Flyers have plenty bottom-6 forwards who are better in my opinion.

NitHeel 02-06-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobnobs (Post 59152003)
Since Flyers only have Schenn, Timonen and Coburn on D as great bagaining chips I feel that this will not come to anything.

I would like a defenseman to come back preferrably a solid one who can play #3-4 minutes.

How is Grossman looking? Has he gone down hill completely?

Not sure what you mean by that, but he's been playing really well, imo.