HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342107)

Coldplay 02-05-2013 08:42 AM

Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments

@Dave_Stubbs: Column: Stock's misguided #HNIC take on #Habs @PKSubban1 was sensational, irresponsible and entirely wrong.

Stubbs:

Quote:

Not a bad weekendís work for a player who, in the eyes of Hockey Night in Canada panellist P.J. Stock, is a very square peg in a dressing room full of round holes.

Stockís opinion, delivered on a national stage, was pure gibberish that mistakenly could shape the belief of many viewers that thereís a gulf the width of the St. Lawrence River dividing Subban and his teammates.
Stock, in typical d-bag fashion:

Quote:

@PJStockHNIC: Part 1. @Dave_Stubbs i miss the days of professionalism +real hockey writers at the #gazette like Red Fisher.

@PJStockHNIC: @Dave_Stubbs Part 2. U better have research to back u! Because I do- +the experience of being in that room to know what's what.

@PJStockHNIC: @Dave_Stubbs part 3. Next time write an honest article without your #Habs pompoms on.

Gros Bonhomme 02-05-2013 08:46 AM

Stock isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

Jerk Store 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

Truth is nobody knows who's right or wrong. I agree with Stock that Stubbs is a big homer. I've been of the opinion that Subban is a bit of a cancer in the room for quite some time, based on some things I've seen and other things that have been said. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Coldplay 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerk Store (Post 59081895)
Truth is nobody knows who's right or wrong. I agree with Stock that Stubbs is a big homer. I've been of the opinion that Subban is a bit of a cancer in the room for quite some time, based on some things I've seen and other things that have been said. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire.

The truth is also that PJ is a massive Habs detractor when he wants to be.

skule123 02-05-2013 08:49 AM

If PJ wants to make Elliotte Friedman have to back him up on Montreal radio by assuring us he really does research, he needs a better way to rebut Dave Stubbs' attempt to counter Stock's position with facts than by piling up personal insults about how Dave is no Red Fisher.

Isn't Stock's argument about Stubbs never being in the dressing room sort of countered by the fact that he's in there interviewing players every week, and somewhat more recently?

Maybe Stock has heard gripes from a person or more than one currently in the Montreal dressing room (and for all the talk of team concept, that person should knock it off and demonstrate some character of their own), but if he wants to play at journalist he needs to do more than say "trust me I know" to back up his strongly held claim that NOBODY on the bench likes PK, especially when Stubbs can challenge his position with a chronology of the "day-in-the-life" that was the basis of Stock's talk.

Interesting to see a notable like Bruce Arthur take the Stubbs side, as did most who don't get a paycheque from the same source as PJ.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-05-2013 08:50 AM

I really can't wait for that Flyer/Bruin loving clown Stock to disappear from the media.

417 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

So some players are telling Stubbs one thing...others are telling Stock a different thing.

Again...maybe the issue is way beyond Subban and not exclusively just about him? Maybe the leadership group needs to do a better job of handling their differences in the dressing room

You're right about one thing...where there's smoke, there's usually fire...

Jee 02-05-2013 08:52 AM

Dave Stubbs is right.

Coldplay 02-05-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 59081965)
I really can't wait for that clown Stock to disappear from the media.

Likewise.

Bruce Arthur called him an idiot on Twitter...:laugh:

Tuggy 02-05-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 (Post 59081981)
So some players are telling Stubbs one thing...others are telling Stock a different thing.

Again...maybe the issue is way beyond Subban and not exclusively just about him? Maybe the leadership group needs to do a better job of handling their differences in the dressing room

You're right about one thing...where there's smoke, there's usually fire...

Who would Stock have in the Habs lockerroom to get inside information?

Coldplay 02-05-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 59082061)

Georges Laraque.

FireBergevin 02-05-2013 08:55 AM

Stock reminding me of Milbury bigtime during his last year as a HNIC analyst. So it's a safe bet PJ won't be there next season.

Coldplay 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBergevin (Post 59082133)
Stock reminding me of Milbury bigtime during his last year as a HNIC analyst. So it's a safe bet PJ won't be there next season.

As long as Glenn Healy is there, all bets are off.

disturbedraven 02-05-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 59081965)
I really can't wait for that Flyer/Bruin loving clown Stock to disappear from the media.

It can't happen fast enough

417 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 59082061)

No clue...i'm not saying he did get inside information.

But even if he did, I doubt he got the opinions of all other 22 players in the room...what? Did PJ Stock take a poll on how many Habs dislike Subban?

Furthermore, if a player(s) did leak that to Stock, then IMO, it says more about that player(s) then it does about Subban.

For the all the flak Subban has received the last few weeks, the ONE person who has kept it classy all the way through, is curiously...

PK Subban

skule123 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

People are still driving the ad hominem about Dave Stubbs being a homer, but that's not a valid point in this discussion. Stubbs took an argument based on hearsay and countered it with information (PK was hanging out with people before the game and after the game, contrary to the argument that nobody likes him), and said it was irresponsible to spread hearsay without backing it up. Is that incorrect? Stubbs even readily concedes the position that some may not or don't like PK and that's normal in an ego-driven business with millions of dollars at stake.

Stock responded with insults and held strong to not supporting his own tenuous position. Why?

"Where there's smoke there's fire" is a cliche that has been wrong many a time. Have we learned anything from THE DARKEST DAY IN HABS HISTORY?

disturbedraven 02-05-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBergevin (Post 59082133)

Wish I could say your belief was correct. I got a bad feeling that Stock isn't going anywhere soon :rant:

Crimson Skorpion 02-05-2013 08:58 AM

So Stock has been in the dressing room? Stubbs has too. If he isn't still covering post-game media scrums, he has at least a dozen or so people that he is close to, that could easily give him their take on the vibe in the lockeroom.

Stock was finally held accountable and reacted like a five year old. Too many blows to the head, I assume. Looks like that orbital bone isn't the only thing that got messed up during his career.

habs03 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Love Stubbs, likes to write about the players on a personally level as opposed to hockey which I kinda like.

Also I'd take Stubbs word over PJ's easily, the guy is in the room all day, knows the guys most of the guys on a personal level. Where as PJ doesn't, and I'm not sure how he thinks he knows the ins and outs of that lockerroom if he isn't there, and I doubt anyone knows him from his playing days in MTL on the current team, expect maybe Bouillon?

Also if I was PJ Stock and I wasn't BSing why not quote players from the room but kept it anonymously.

FireBergevin 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 59082155)
As long as Glenn Healy is there, all bets are off.

Healey knows when to reign it back in and act like he never said anything. Milbury and Stock just keep adding fuel to their fires.

What was that Healey said to Gary Galley? "I didn't know you went to medical school; I thought it was a high school". Ouch.

JustAHabFan 02-05-2013 09:06 AM

PJ Stock talked about PK badly on national TV. Where are Habs' management? How come no one from the Habs' management team stand up for PK?:shakehead

BaseballCoach 02-05-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skule123 (Post 59082169)
"Where there's smoke there's fire" is a cliche that has been wrong many a time.

Especially when the person saying it is the one blowing smoke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skule123 (Post 59082169)
Have we learned anything from THE DARKEST DAY IN HABS HISTORY?

True, that.

habs03 02-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAHabFan (Post 59082445)
PJ Stock talked about PK badly on national TV. Where are Habs' management? How come no one from the Habs' management team stand up for PK?:shakehead

No way, that would backfire big time, remember last year when Burke went after the CBC for being "anti leafs".

Management shouldn't care what the media thinks, if there isn't an issue in the locker room, laugh it off, if there is, try to fix it.

Lafleurs Guy 02-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 59082199)
So Stock has been in the dressing room? Stubbs has too. If he isn't still covering post-game media scrums, he has at least a dozen or so people that he is close to, that could easily give him their take on the vibe in the lockeroom.

Stock was finally held accountable and reacted like a five year old. Too many blows to the head, I assume. Looks like that orbital bone isn't the only thing that got messed up during his career.

It was great to see. Two thumbs up for Stubbs and the way Stock responded really shows what he's all about. If a guy like Kelly Hrudey had been called out on something he said he'd never have responded that way. That's all you need to know about PJ Stock.

I don't understand how he got the job in the first place. He's absolutely terrible.

Lafleurs Guy 02-05-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

The only fire is coming from PJ's pants. Last year he actually called PK a 'goof' live on the air. No professionalism whatsoever and he obviously has some personal axe to grind. He shouldn't be in broadcasting. He's the Jack Todd of the CBC.