HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Scotiabank Place Parking/Traffic (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342141)

Sens92 02-05-2013 10:47 AM

Scotiabank Place Parking/Traffic
 
Alright! So I'm headed to my first game of the season tonight! I work in the Palladium Campus (Right infront of Scotiabank Place) so I get free parking! I live all the way in Orleans however. -.- My question is, do you guys feel it's worth it to drive all the way back down here around 6-6:30 or should I take the bus?

How bad is traffic out of Scotiabank Place/Kanata after the games? Is it like a Zoo?

Thanks in advance!

BonkTastic 02-05-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens92 (Post 59083955)
Alright! So I'm headed to my first game of the season tonight! I work in the Palladium Campus (Right infront of Scotiabank Place) so I get free parking! I live all the way in Orleans however. -.- My question is, do you guys feel it's worth it to drive all the way back down here around 6-6:30 or should I take the bus?

How bad is traffic out of Scotiabank Place/Kanata after the games? Is it like a Zoo?

Thanks in advance!

Don't bother going home.

NyQuil 02-05-2013 10:52 AM

I usually grab a drink at the Local Heroes pub.

Better than sitting in the lot.

If you take the bus, they leave relatively soon after the game.

Sens92 02-05-2013 10:52 AM

I agree with that point, but I'm done work at 3:30 with nothing really to do... So I wanted to go home and grab my jersey/grab a bite to eat so I don't spend 20 bucks on a pizza and beer.

Sens92 02-05-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil (Post 59084201)
I usually grab a drink at the Local Heroes pub.

Better than sitting in the lot.

If you take the bus, they leave relatively soon after the game.

My parking lot (work parking lot) will be pretty empty, so the biggest issue would be what happens when I get ONTO Palladium drive.. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to get onto it, no idea what to expect traffic wise!

What time does the parking lot usually clear up?

BonkTastic 02-05-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens92 (Post 59084217)
I agree with that point, but I'm done work at 3:30 with nothing really to do... So I wanted to go home and grab my jersey/grab a bite to eat so I don't spend 20 bucks on a pizza and beer.

Take your jersey to work with you, and have a good night out.

You're going to blow at least $10 in gas just getting to Orleans in gas money. Might as well spend another $10 and enjoy it rather than being stuck in gridlock.

Just my opinion, though.

Smash88 02-05-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens92 (Post 59084289)
My parking lot (work parking lot) will be pretty empty, so the biggest issue would be what happens when I get ONTO Palladium drive.. I'm not sure if I'd even be able to get onto it, no idea what to expect traffic wise!

What time does the parking lot usually clear up?

This year has actually been a bit better, they have finally started to control the lights (or so it seems)...

Past few games I've been out in about 10 minutes after getting to my car, so I'd say by half an hour after the game it should be clearing up...

Sens92 02-05-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 59084531)
Take your jersey to work with you, and have a good night out.

You're going to blow at least $10 in gas just getting to Orleans in gas money. Might as well spend another $10 and enjoy it rather than being stuck in gridlock.

Just my opinion, though.

Good call. I think I'll either stay in Kanata, or end up taking the OC Transpo if I do go back to Orleans and trek it all the way back. I'd have to get my buddy to pick up my jersey and bring it to Kanata in that case...

MainDotC 02-05-2013 12:32 PM

Has tailgating (weather permitting) ever been of interest before games?

SelleckStache 02-05-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 59088995)
Has tailgating (weather permitting) ever been of interest before games?

Happens in the spring a little bit, but at -20, you'd need a good fire to make it happen.

Evil Crow 02-05-2013 01:17 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the new bus exit ramp the Sens/City announced a couple of year ago? I thought it was supposed to be a go for this season?

Buck Aki Berg 02-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens92 (Post 59084217)
I agree with that point, but I'm done work at 3:30 with nothing really to do... So I wanted to go home and grab my jersey/grab a bite to eat so I don't spend 20 bucks on a pizza and beer.

Is there anything to stop you from staying at work and dicking around on the internet for a few hours? Maybe grab dinner from the Sobey's on Terry Fox and making use of your staff kitchen?

Smash88 02-05-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 59088995)
Has tailgating (weather permitting) ever been of interest before games?

It's illegal in Ontario, but last year they were allowing it in the playoffs...

Ohhh Franco 02-05-2013 02:57 PM

Whatever you do, if you bail out of the game early (before the 3 stars), you're a loser.

Legend Killer 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco (Post 59096563)
Whatever you do, if you bail out of the game early (before the 3 stars), you're a loser.

I once saw a big dude force ppl to stay in their seats in the last minutes of an elimination game that the Sens were losing.

Was that you?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.