HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Nyr - sjs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342275)

HankTheTankYoLo 02-05-2013 01:12 PM

Nyr - sjs

To :rangers

Douglas Murray

To :sharks

Michael St.Croix + 3d

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 02-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frolundasweden (Post 59094211)

Douglas Murray

Michael St.Croix + 3d

SJ fans: Who the **** is St. Croix?

I like it from our perspective - SJ will get more though if they decide to move Murray.

David Donaldson* 02-05-2013 01:22 PM

I think this deal will put NYR over the top. they are that good.

The Amity Affliction 02-05-2013 01:50 PM

With the way Murray has played so far and from what I've read from San Jose fans in the other thread, the value might not be too far off. He's a top scorer in the WHL and I'd hate to give up on the kid, but for what could be that last piece, I'd do it.

BBKers 02-05-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Douglas Murray

Michael St.Croix + 3d

Good proposal. Maybe the Sharks take some salary back with one of Bickel, Eminger or Gilroy going the other way and add in a 7th rounder in either 2013 or 2014 going to NYR?

Trojan35 02-05-2013 03:31 PM

Murray's certainly available to an eastern team, but it's not like SJ's desperate to give him away. Not sure on the value of St Croix so I'll let others comment. He'd have to have a lot of value to get SJ to take dead weight back though.

Arrch 02-05-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 59096727)
Good proposal. Maybe the Sharks take some salary back with one of Bickel, Eminger or Gilroy going the other way and add in a 7th rounder in either 2013 or 2014 going to NYR?

Why wouldn't we just retain some of the Salary? We'd be shedding Murray to open up roster space, so we couldn't take an NHL player back. And don't you dare try to stick us with Bickel.

McManked 02-05-2013 03:49 PM

From an outsiders perspective it looks good.

I don't think it's ridiculous to say that Murray's value is roughly around a 2nd round pick, and this is just a bit more than that.

I think it's good for both teams.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 02-05-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 59101623)
Why wouldn't we just retain some of the Salary? We'd be shedding Murray to open up roster space, so we couldn't take an NHL player back. And don't you dare try to stick us with Bickel.

Awww **** they're on to us guys:laugh::laugh:

Vaasa 02-05-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Douglas Murray

Michael St.Croix + 3d

I don't know anything about St. Croix, but going off Wikipedia it doesn't seem too bad:

Did he get drafted in the 4th or 7th round (Sharks fans know why)? Yep, 4th
Is he about 5.10 or 5'11 and about 180 lbs (like Pavelski)? Yep
Is he a center, like 85% of all Sharks forward prospects? Yep
Does he have international tournament experience? Yep, 2009 and 2010 World U-17's
Is he noted for his hockey sense and vision? This seems to be a yes
Does he have some sort of incredible goal in his career? Yep

So all in all, seems like a perfect match for the Sharks. :handclap:

However, the Sharks would be moving Murray to clear a roster spot so they aren't taking anyone back, and given their cap situation, they aren't taking salary back. However, I will grant you the 6th. Soooooo.....

Murray + 2013 6th

for

St. Croix + 2013 3rd

Deal?

EDIT: Forgot to add - "Is he on Twitter with a hockey-related ID?" - Yep, https://twitter.com/stixy18 :)

Kwayry 02-05-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Douglas Murray

Michael St.Croix + 3d

One of my favorite prospects.
I may be biased, but I think this is a slight overpayment, can we exchange MSC for Shane McColgan, the kid is from Torrance California and has wheels. Sharks need some speed in their line up, this kid may be a great fit.

Quote:

Talent Analysis

McColgan is a small, speedy winger, with an edge to his game. A fiery player, McColgan backs down from no-one. But he can be very inconsistent and undisciplined, which he must reign in to move to the next level.

Vaasa 02-05-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwayry (Post 59104269)
One of my favorite prospects.
I may be biased, but I think this is a slight overpayment, can we exchange MSC for Shane McColgan, the kid is from Torrance California and has wheels. Sharks need some speed in their line up, this kid may be a great fit.

No. Too small. We have a guy like him already in Yanni Gourde. Murray will get a 2nd from the right team. Or at least a good prospect and a lower pick. If the Rangers want him, they have to offer something decent.

Kershaw 02-05-2013 04:41 PM

Not interested in Murray at that price.

Kris Chreider 02-05-2013 05:19 PM

This is a good proposal, St. Croix is at least 2-3 years away and we need to win NOW before the cap goes down.