HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Bortuzzo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342345)

PAZ 02-05-2013 02:34 PM

Bortuzzo
 
Curious how the Pens management value him and how much he would cost at the moment. From what i've seen he has decent vision, and would be an upgrade to the Avs depressing defense. I don't see him having a future with the Pens with all the prospects coming up, but I could be wrong.

Could something along the lines of ROB/SOB/Zanon + pick be worked out?

I also wouldn't mind shipping out Jones, but I think i'm in the minority here.

Mr Jiggyfly 02-05-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 59098403)
Curious how the Pens management value him and how much he would cost at the moment. From what i've seen he has decent vision, and would be an upgrade to the Avs depressing defense. I don't see him having a future with the Pens with all the prospects coming up, but I could be wrong.

Could something along the lines of ROB/SOB/Zanon + pick be worked out?

I also wouldn't mind shipping out Jones, but I think i'm in the minority here.

It's hard to put a value on Bort. He's the kind of guy who can be a #4 in a couple of years, but most likely won't max out with the Pens. He brings something unique to the Pens blueline, size and physicality.

He has a huge wingspan and his size and physical play is really helping the Pens blueline right now. He is also boxing out well and keeping the crease clear, which is something the Pens really have lacked since Gill left.

To be fair it is only a few games in, but I followed him in the A and this is his game.

He may get pushed out a couple of yrs from now, but I can't see Shero trading him in the short term because on his own Bort won't bring back much until he is more proven. He just holds more value to the Pens right now.

If Despres and Bort can keep showing they belong, a guy like Nisky might go on the block.

nwhockeyfan 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Agee with Jiggy that he is probably more valuable to Pens than what can be gained in a trade.

PAZ 02-05-2013 04:53 PM

Ah ok. I just remember reading that Bort was scratched in favor for Lovejoy for a few games, so I wasn't sure if he was in the doghouse or not.

eXile59 02-05-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 59105135)
Ah ok. I just remember reading that Bort was scratched in favor for Lovejoy for a few games, so I wasn't sure if he was in the doghouse or not.

Well we lost Strait for Lovejoy & he's playing 1st-2nd pairing minutes pretty well for the Islanders. Bylsma has some kind of blinders on when it comes to Lovejoy.

At this point it would be really hard to put a value on but we would need some kind of winger in return. Really no use for centers or defense.

PAZ 02-05-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 59105963)
Well we lost Strait for Lovejoy & he's playing 1st-2nd pairing minutes pretty well for the Islanders. Bylsma has some kind of blinders on when it comes to Lovejoy.

At this point it would be really hard to put a value on but we would need some kind of winger in return. Really no use for centers or defense.

Jones is a winger, hes a bit streaky but he would thrive with Crosby (well I guess any player would). I wouldn't expect him to put up Neal like numbers, but he could easily be putting up 60 points and 20-30 goals with Crosby on his line.

However, like you guys said Bortuzzo is really hard to put a value on so I wouldn't even know where to begin.

eXile59 02-05-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZ (Post 59106169)
Jones is a winger, hes a bit streaky but he would thrive with Crosby (well I guess any player would). I wouldn't expect him to put up Neal like numbers, but he could easily be putting up 60 points and 20-30 goals with Crosby on his line.

However, like you guys said Bortuzzo is really hard to put a value on so I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I like Jone as a player for sure. He would definitely be better than what we got for Strait.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.