HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   3 years later, Taylor Hall Vs. Tyler Seguin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342347)

Canadian Gold X3 02-05-2013 02:35 PM

3 years later, Taylor Hall Vs. Tyler Seguin

Who is better 3 years later?

Auger 02-05-2013 02:39 PM

Taylor Hall is one of the dumbest players in the league. I think he's more dynamic, but he could be so much better with some hockey sense. He always tries to bet you 1 on 1, maybe he'll grow out of it as he matures.

0ilerman 02-05-2013 02:41 PM

Right now Hall's playing better, but I still wish the oilers drafted Seguin

Bruv 02-05-2013 02:41 PM

Hall, now and future

canovin 02-05-2013 02:48 PM

Might as well do while you're at it:

RNH vs Landeskog
Yakupov vs Galchenyuk

roach9 02-05-2013 02:49 PM

Taylor Hall's hockey IQ is similar to that of a potato.

So... Seguin.

SchultzSquared 02-05-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roach9 (Post 59099129)
Taylor Hall's hockey IQ is similar to that of a potato.

So... Seguin.

That potato has 9 points in 9 games... more goals, assists and double the points as Seguin...

Amazing how much love Tyler gets for one playoff series (was more like two games)... the only time Tyler out-scored him to this point was when Hall was hurt and he still only had two more goals.

The hate has to stop at some point and people have to look objectively at this... if we're talking about John Smith vs. James Brown, the player with 0.65, 0.87 and 1.00 PPG would beat 0.30, 0.83 and 0.5 every time... however some people would rather bleat on and on about style of play and other things that don't matter a lick...

Pucklington 02-05-2013 03:11 PM

Right now Hall is, hands down, the better player. He is the Oilers best player, and he is getting better every game.

Dellstrom 02-05-2013 03:11 PM

Hall is playing better right now but I'm still glad we got Seguin over him. Seguin has been snakebitten and has had a goal taken away from him, he'll be back to normal soon. He has 4 points in 8 games, not good by any means but he only needs one or two big nights and he'll be back at PPG pace. He's playing like he's still in Europe, like he can dangle around any defender, but he's learning that's not the case. He's been going to the net, and that's good news for us.

Hall has been better so far, you can't argue much against that, but I still think Seguin will have the best career.

KarlssonnSchultz 02-05-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 59099487)
That potato has 9 points in 9 games... more goals, assists and double the points as Seguin...

Amazing how much love Tyler gets for one playoff series (was more like two games)... the only time Tyler out-scored him to this point was when Hall was hurt and he still only had two more goals.

The hate has to stop at some point and people have to look objectively at this... if we're talking about John Smith vs. James Brown, the player with 0.65, 0.87 and 1.00 PPG would beat 0.30, 0.83 and 0.5 every time... however some people would rather bleat on and on about style of play and other things that don't matter a lick...

Exactly, Taylor Hall has been the Oilers best player since he's been on the team. Especially this year.

Would the Oilers be worse with Seguin? No. I think they'd probably be in about the same position. Taylor Hall has less hockey sense. He is also a better skater, puts up more points, and plays with the most energy and heart on the Oilers.

This poll is made once a week and it is always the same arguments. Bruins fans are happy with Seguin, most Oilers fans are happy with Hall. The rest of the league is 50/50. And I guarantee that if the Bruins had the first pick, there would be more doubters. They have the same value. However one was drafted before the other so Seguin must be a steal right? No. Both teams are happy. Case Closed.

Habsawce 02-05-2013 03:54 PM

I'm just not very impressed with Hall. Yeah he's a fine player but I just find his game too North and South for a top end player. I like the way Seguin can see the ice and move east and west, but then again he's a natural centre.

I don't know, both good players but I voted for Seguin because I just think he's the better all around hockey player.

Hitchslap 02-05-2013 04:03 PM

Hall's hockey sense isn't bad at all. It's his lack of ability to slow the play around him down and make a nice soft pass while being pressured on the cycle or PP that makes it seem so. His hockey stance looks like at any moment he is planning on running through a brick wall head first.

Toydarian 02-05-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auger (Post 59098609)
Taylor Hall is one of the dumbest players in the league. I think he's more dynamic, but he could be so much better with some hockey sense. He always tries to bet you 1 on 1, maybe he'll grow out of it as he matures.

Talk about a hyperbole!

JOHNBOY 02-05-2013 04:48 PM

Hall its close though...

Aucoin11* 02-05-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlssonnSchultz (Post 59100283)
Exactly, Taylor Hall has been the Oilers best player since he's been on the team. Especially this year.

Would the Oilers be worse with Seguin? No. I think they'd probably be in about the same position. Taylor Hall has less hockey sense. He is also a better skater, puts up more points, and plays with the most energy and heart on the Oilers.

This poll is made once a week and it is always the same arguments. Bruins fans are happy with Seguin, most Oilers fans are happy with Hall. The rest of the league is 50/50. And I guarantee that if the Bruins had the first pick, there would be more doubters. They have the same value. However one was drafted before the other so Seguin must be a steal right? No. Both teams are happy. Case Closed.

That's just not true.

Booyakasha 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aucoin11 (Post 59104977)
That's just not true.

past 2 seasons, yes he has been the Oilers best player, but this year he is sharing it with Hemsky and Gagner as the Oilers best player.
I would take Hall over Seguin.
the whole Seguin is more complete, and Hall has the hockey sense of a potato is, to quote you, just not true.

Pucklington 02-05-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

That's just not true.

Taylor Hall is the straw that stirs the drink. He is their best player.

topchowda 02-05-2013 05:20 PM

Halls been much better this very short 8 game season. Over their very long 3 year careers they have been very close

MrFunnyWobbl 02-05-2013 05:35 PM

I don't really want Frankenstein on my hockey team, seguin.

Aucoin11* 02-05-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booyakasha (Post 59105645)
past 2 seasons, yes he has been the Oilers best player, but this year he is sharing it with Hemsky and Gagner as the Oilers best player.
I would take Hall over Seguin.
the whole Seguin is more complete, and Hall has the hockey sense of a potato is, to quote you, just not true.

Eberle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pucklington (Post 59106313)
Taylor Hall is the straw that stirs the drink. He is their best player.

Using deranged cliches doesn't make hall their best player.

Yeah15 02-05-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

That's just not true.

No, this post is what's not true. The Oilers are pathetic without Hall, 9 wins in 38 games without Hall in the lineup.

topchowda 02-05-2013 05:55 PM

I wonder when Hall and Seguin meet up if they go on HF boards to these polls and laugh their ***** off

MJG 02-05-2013 05:56 PM

Skinner

Scottrockztheworld* 02-05-2013 05:58 PM

I have never really been impressed when I've seen Hall play, out of all their top picks he seems the least impressive to me. In saying that I've barely watched Seguin so I can't really make a fair choice.

Angelus 02-05-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aucoin11 (Post 59107361)
Eberle

Using deranged cliches doesn't make hall their best player.

As much as I love Ebs he's not the driving force that Hall is. What Pucklington said about him being "the straw that stirs the drink" is perfectly apt. People who insist Eberle is better are just going by last years point totals. There's something to be said about actually watching them play.