HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto-Colorado(Blockbuster) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342375)

frankthetank91 02-05-2013 03:13 PM

Toronto-Colorado(Blockbuster)
 
To Colorado:

Phil Kessel
Tyler Bozak
John-Michael Liles

To Toronto:

Ryan O'Reilly
Michael Sgarbossa
1st
Steve Downie

Thoughts?

Cullen Bohannon 02-05-2013 03:16 PM

Wow.

A huge no from the Avs

dahrougem2 02-05-2013 03:19 PM

Switch John-Michael Liles to one of Gardiner/Rielly and you may have a deal, but this is because I'm biased towards the Avs, especially O'Reilly. In my opinion, purely value wise:

O'Reilly = Kessel
Sgarbossa<Bozak (Simply because he's unproven, but I do love Sgarbossa)
Downie>Liles
1st>Nothing

So the Avs lose this deal

HooliganX2 02-05-2013 03:20 PM

Kessel is really the only player the Avs would want in that deal IMO. I don't see why they would want Liles back. So O'Reilly, Downie, Sgarbossa and a 1st for Kessel makes it a huge no from the Avs.

Bubba Thudd 02-05-2013 03:20 PM

Avs will give a 3rd round pick for Liles.

CoachBadkitten 02-05-2013 03:21 PM

This is very bad for the Avs

Rorschach 02-05-2013 03:22 PM

The 1st and O'Reilly? Avs can do better than that. That package might get you Yandle. Maybe Yandle+ even.

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahrougem2 (Post 59100705)
Switch John-Michael Liles to one of Gardiner/Rielly and you may have a deal, but this is because I'm biased towards the Avs, especially O'Reilly. In my opinion, purely value wise:

O'Reilly = Kessel

Sgarbossa<Bozak (Simply because he's unproven, but I do love Sgarbossa)
Downie>Liles
1st>Nothing

So the Avs lose this deal

give your head a serious shake if you believe that

Kessel + Bozak = O'Reilly + 1st
Liles = 2nd

So:

Kessel + Bozak + Liles
for
O'Reilly + 1st + 2nd (or B prospect)

dahrougem2 02-05-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59101001)
give your head a serious shake if you believe that

Kessel + Bozak = O'Reilly + 1st
Liles = 2nd

So:

Kessel + Bozak + Liles
for
O'Reilly + 1st + 2nd (or B prospect)

I do believe that, as do a lot of people. Kessel is a one dimensional streaky scorer, yes he has 40 goal potential but that's all you're really getting.

O'Reilly led the Avs in points last year while leading the league in takeaways, a distinction that Pavel Datsyuk is usually known for, and is great defensively, you can tell how different our PK looks this season with him holding out. He's a complete player, not saying he's a superstar by any means but he's a perfect 2nd line centre who will be a Selke nominee for years

Freudian 02-05-2013 03:32 PM

Avs aren't trading their first rounder this year. With the amounts of injuries they have, it might backfire in a big way. I would think Leafs fans would be familiar with the risks of trading first rounders.

I like Liles, but Avs traded him for a reason. He wasn't part of their future plan. Trading for 110 or so games of Kessel while certainly helping the offense, isn't something that's attractive for a rebuilding team. Bozak will be a UFA in a few months.

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 59101467)
Avs aren't trading their first rounder this year. With the amounts of injuries they have, it might backfire in a big way. I would think Leafs fans would be familiar with the risks of trading first rounders.

I like Liles, but Avs traded him for a reason. He wasn't part of their future plan. Trading for 110 or so games of Kessel while certainly helping the offense, isn't something that's attractive for a rebuilding team. Bozak will be a UFA in a few months.

Kessel for ROR + 1st (top 5 protected)

Freudian 02-05-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59101517)
Kessel for ROR + 1st (top 5 protected)

Why would Avs trade for Phil Kessel, only to have to offer him $7M to have a chance to keep him a year from now?

Avs aren't a winger from being a contender.

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 59101615)
Why would Avs trade for Phil Kessel, only to have to offer him $7M to have a chance to keep him a year from now?

Avs aren't a winger from being a contender.

avs need an elite goal-scoring winger. Leafs need a center. Makes perfect sense for both teams

Brewsky 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahrougem2 (Post 59100705)
Switch John-Michael Liles to one of Gardiner/Rielly and you may have a deal, but this is because I'm biased towards the Avs, especially O'Reilly. In my opinion, purely value wise:

O'Reilly = Kessel
Sgarbossa<Bozak (Simply because he's unproven, but I do love Sgarbossa)
Downie>Liles
1st>Nothing

So the Avs lose this deal

How the hell Kessel is = to O'Reilly is beyond me. Ohhhhh the intangibles, HFboards loves its prospects and intangibles.

Bozak >>>>> Sgarbossa

Downie = Liles I'd say

Freudian 02-05-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59101659)
avs need an elite goal-scoring winger. Leafs need a center. Makes perfect sense for both teams

If by both teams you mean your team, sure.

It makes zero sense for Avs.

jfisher6 02-05-2013 03:39 PM

No thanks

I'd do Liles for a 2nd

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewsky (Post 59101669)
How the hell Kessel is = to O'Reilly is beyond me. Ohhhhh the intangibles, HFboards loves its prospects and intangibles.

Bozak >>>>> Sgarbossa

Downie = Liles I'd say

:laugh:

according to that poster, an elite goal-scoring winger is worth a 2nd line center with intangibles. So Taylor Hall can be had for Brayden Schenn :laugh::laugh:

CoachBadkitten 02-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewsky (Post 59101669)
How the hell Kessel is = to O'Reilly is beyond me. Ohhhhh the intangibles, HFboards loves its prospects and intangibles.

Bozak >>>>> Sgarbossa

Downie = Liles I'd say

Uh no. A impending UFA isn't >>>>>better than a top prospect.

And Downie definitely has more value than Liles.

dahrougem2 02-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewsky (Post 59101669)
How the hell Kessel is = to O'Reilly is beyond me. Ohhhhh the intangibles, HFboards loves its prospects and intangibles.

Bozak >>>>> Sgarbossa

Downie = Liles I'd say

Well if you're purely a Stats guy then yes Kessel is more valuable than O'Reilly, but in hockey there are such things as intangibles and you can see them if you actually watch the players play. You have to look at more than stats when players are to be talked about, otherwise you have Dennis Wideman in the conversation for top 5-10 defenseman in the league

I'm biased towards the Avs but I watch the Leafs too, I like Bozak's game which is why I said he is worth more than Sgarbossa, although unproven, but its not >>>>> as you say, Bozak isn't some God here

John-Michael Liles is on the downswing with regards to his career, and Downie is a dime a dozen for forwards with skill that like to hit and be physical every shift, so he is worth more than Liles

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 59101735)
If by both teams you mean your team, sure.

It makes zero sense for Avs.

i've spoken to many Avs fans who feel like they are in dire need of an elite goal-scoring winger. Sorry, you don't represent the fanbase.

dahrougem2 02-05-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59101833)
:laugh:

according to that poster, an elite goal-scoring winger is worth a 2nd line center with intangibles. So Taylor Hall can be had for Brayden Schenn :laugh::laugh:

Would you rather have Phil Kessel or Patrice Bergeron for a run at the cup? Because that is who O'Reilly has shown he can be, and I take Bergeron 11 times out of 10

Freudian 02-05-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59101869)
i've spoken to many Avs fans who feel like they are in dire need of an elite goal-scoring winger. Sorry, you don't represent the fanbase.

I've spoken to plenty of Avs fans who quite like Ryan O'Reilly on the Avs.

bobbyflex 02-05-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 59102029)
I've spoken to plenty of Avs fans who quite like Ryan O'Reilly on the Avs.

Ryan O'Reilly is not on the Avs :laugh:

jfisher6 02-05-2013 03:46 PM

Would Leafs do Liles for a 2nd?

Freudian 02-05-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 59102085)
Ryan O'Reilly is not on the Avs :laugh:

There's a significantly bigger chance he'll be on the Avs than Kessel will.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.