HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Injury Report: Dan Girardi (2/7: Skating in practice) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342469)

charlie460 02-05-2013 05:50 PM

Dan Girardi (2/7: Skating in practice)
 
Gross: Rangers say D Dan Girardi is "banged up" and "day to day." Beyond that, nothing specific.

Edit 2/6: Jim Cerny: No update from Torts on whether or not Callahan or Girardi could play tomorrow...on Girardi's health status he says "not sure"

Giacomin 02-05-2013 05:52 PM

lets hope he is ok

BlueshirtBlitz 02-05-2013 05:53 PM

Not worried. Danny is a tough guy, but it's smart to give him some time off.

Ollie Queen 02-05-2013 05:53 PM

Not playing tonight. Just said it on the pre-game show. Dammit.

Evolved83 02-05-2013 05:54 PM

well that sucks... he probably just needs a couple more days to rest.

Kershaw 02-05-2013 05:57 PM

If he is out for an extended period of time, we're screwed.

92hatchattack 02-05-2013 05:57 PM

Wtf, what happened to him? G doesnt take a day off just cause he is a little bruised up...

3rd Guy High 02-05-2013 06:00 PM

Only thing I can think of is that he blocked a shot and his foot/ankle is too swollen to fit in his skate.

Don't know why else he would be a scratch all of a sudden right before the game

jniklast 02-05-2013 06:00 PM

Only the second time he misses a game injured since he's on the Rangers, right?

Snow Soccer 02-06-2013 12:16 PM

Hope he's OK and back Thursday. Saw a stat last night that he had only missed 2 games since the start of the 07-08 season - that's 416 of 418 games.

Mio41 02-06-2013 12:20 PM

Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis
In what is apparently an optional #NYR skate, no Girardi, Staal, Richards, Asham. Everyone else on, including Callahan

Hopefully just needs rest, and Cally is close

WhiskeyDeke 02-06-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 59108681)
If he is out for an extended period of time, we're screwed.

Like we're not already...

Ollie Queen 02-06-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mio41 (Post 59164445)
Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis
In what is apparently an optional #NYR skate, no Girardi, Staal, Richards, Asham. Everyone else on, including Callahan

Hopefully just needs rest, and Cally is close

Yeah Richie. No camp for you with the flu. Play like crap. Skip optional skates. That a'boy. Maybe out looking for things to spend 6.67M on?

RGY 02-06-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mio41 (Post 59164445)
Brett Cyrgalis ‏@BrettCyrgalis
In what is apparently an optional #NYR skate, no Girardi, Staal, Richards, Asham. Everyone else on, including Callahan

Hopefully just needs rest, and Cally is close

Richards certainly needs the rest.

nevesis 02-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGY (Post 59169057)
Richards certainly needs the rest.

You think so? The dude rested for 8 months during the offseason/lockout.

Richards has no excuses for his **** play, **** skating, and **** decision making. Go through his instagram, the dude has been on a constant vacation for months. He didn't play anywhere during the lock-out and probably skated once a week.

SupersonicMonkey* 02-06-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevesis (Post 59171547)
You think so? The dude rested for 8 months during the offseason/lockout.

Richards has no excuses for his **** play, **** skating, and **** decision making. Go through his instagram, the dude has been on a constant vacation for months. He didn't play anywhere during the lock-out and probably skated once a week.

Agree.

Zero excuses. And he has zero accountability. I'm still hoping we use that compliance buy out on him.

He does a lot for charity, but the guy hasn't shown up to play a game since May 25, 2012.

We are in month two of this season. He hasn't shown up yet. Unacceptable.

Heyoooo* 02-06-2013 02:50 PM

He looks old out there.

Both of our top centers skate like theyre in mud.

nevesis 02-06-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyoooo (Post 59172189)
He looks old out there.

Both of our top centers skate like theyre in mud.

Yup, and to me that is inexcusable. This is the NHL. The cream of the crop.

I personally skate better and faster than both Richards, and Stepan. That's SAD.

GordonGecko 02-06-2013 03:39 PM

I'm hearing hip flexor on Girardi

poeman 02-06-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGecko (Post 59174709)
I'm hearing hip flexor on Girardi

my source is indicating the same :help:

SupersonicMonkey* 02-06-2013 03:45 PM

Crap.

So what is the timetable for a hip flexor?

1Knee1T 02-06-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevesis (Post 59172543)
Yup, and to me that is inexcusable. This is the NHL. The cream of the crop.

I personally skate better and faster than both Richards, and Stepan. That's SAD.

I really, really doubt it.

Ollie Queen 02-06-2013 03:47 PM

Depending on severity. Minor hip flexor strain can be 5 days. A more severe injury can be 6 weeks. This doesn't seem to have been severe.

Ollie Queen 02-06-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TullyNYR (Post 59175079)
I really, really doubt it.

That's tremendously foolish. There is virtually no doubt in my mind I am a faster skater than Stepan, having played college hockey and still playing regularly. I don't have any of the TALENT that Stepan has, but skating was absolutely my strong suit and I have skated with plenty of junior players, ECHL players, a few NHL players and several ex-NHL players and there is no question that I am as good a skater as many of them and faster than some of them. I can't do 25% of the things they do with the puck, but that has nothing to do with skating. It's plenty likely that Nevisis could be just as good a skater as I am and doubting that someone here might be a better skater than Stepan, based solely on the fact that Stepan is in the NHL is misguided. Stepan genuinely has a bad stride, bad acceleration and mediocre top speed. I couldn't hold Stepan's jock strap as a hockey player; as an ice skater, I'm probably faster and more agile.

nevesis 02-06-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPF24 (Post 59175241)
That's tremendously foolish. There is virtually no doubt in my mind I am a faster skater than Stepan, having played college hockey and still playing regularly. I don't have any of the TALENT that Stepan has, but skating was absolutely my strong suit and I have skated with plenty of junior players, ECHL players, a few NHL players and several ex-NHL players and there is no question that I am as good a skater as many of them and faster than some of them. I can't do 25% of the things they do with the puck, but that has nothing to do with skating. It's plenty likely that Nevisis could be just as good a skater as I am and doubting that someone here might be a better skater than Stepan, based solely on the fact that Stepan is in the NHL is misguided. Stepan genuinely has a bad stride, bad acceleration and mediocre top speed. I couldn't hold Stepan's jock strap as a hockey player; as an ice skater, I'm probably faster and more agile.

Good to know fellow hockey players exist on this forum. :yo:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.