HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs/Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342521)

Badger Mayhew 02-05-2013 06:39 PM

Leafs/Blackhawks
 
To Chicago:
Mikhail Grabovski

To Toronto:
Andrew Shaw
1st round pick 2013
Michal Rozsival


Chicago gets a legitimate #2 centre to make a cup run.

Toronto continues to get the youth movement rolling with a promising young center and a late 1st round pick.

Rozsival's there to balance salary (UFA at the end of the year).

Thoughts?

sansabri 02-05-2013 06:41 PM

who replaces Grabovski?

Blackhawkswincup 02-05-2013 06:42 PM

Contract is too much

And the Hawks cant really afford to give up Rozsival at this point. When healthy him and Brookbank rotate and play mentor role for Leddy on bottom pairing unless we have another vet dman coming back who can provide vet teacher role that Rozsival can offer

Rorschach 02-05-2013 06:45 PM

At least it's not another Kessel proposal.

I am Canadian 02-05-2013 06:45 PM

Not for sale.
Not for small pieces atleast.

Badger Mayhew 02-05-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 59113513)
who replaces Grabovski?

It'd be Andrew Shaw, still young, still has time to develop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 59113581)
Contract is too much

And the Hawks cant really afford to give up Rozsival at this point. When healthy him and Brookbank rotate and play mentor role for Leddy on bottom pairing unless we have another vet dman coming back who can provide vet teacher role that Rozsival can offer

Anyone from the Hawks on a 1-year deal that could be expendable to shed salary on your end? That's the only reason I threw him in.

seanlinden 02-05-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59112989)
To Chicago:
Mikhail Grabovski

To Toronto:
Andrew Shaw
1st round pick 2013
Michal Rozsival


Chicago gets a legitimate #2 centre to make a cup run.

Toronto continues to get the youth movement rolling with a promising young center and a late 1st round pick.

Rozsival's there to balance salary (UFA at the end of the year).

Thoughts?

Toronto is not going to pack it in because they are 1 game below .500....

The Leafs might consider parting with Grabovski if they're out of it come deadline time.... but that's also predicated on us having some sort of solution for a checking line centre that can also score, or a bonafide top line centre that allows us to run with a true checking line.

If Kadri continues to develop as he has, and Toronto isn't able to get a bonafide #1C, then they'll have to run with Bozak-Grabo-Kadri down the middle next year.

Sevanston 02-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59113971)
It'd be Andrew Shaw, still young, still has time to develop.

Anyone from the Hawks on a 1-year deal that could be expendable to shed salary on your end? That's the only reason I threw him in.

Andrew Shaw has pretty much no chance of developing into a player even close to Grabovski's level, and whoever you get with our (hopefully) mid-late 1st round pick probably won't either.

Badger Mayhew 02-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 59114619)
Toronto is not going to pack it in because they are 1 game below .500....

The Leafs might consider parting with Grabovski if they're out of it come deadline time.... but that's also predicated on us having some sort of solution for a checking line centre that can also score, or a bonafide top line centre that allows us to run with a true checking line.

If Kadri continues to develop as he has, and Toronto isn't able to get a bonafide #1C, then they'll have to run with Bozak-Grabo-Kadri down the middle next year.

Andrew Shaw is a checking line centre who can score.

HappyGilmourr 02-05-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59112989)
To Chicago:
Mikhail Grabovski

To Toronto:
Andrew Shaw
1st round pick 2013
Michal Rozsival


Chicago gets a legitimate #2 centre to make a cup run.

Toronto continues to get the youth movement rolling with a promising young center and a late 1st round pick.

Rozsival's there to balance salary (UFA at the end of the year).

Thoughts?

no thank you

we are weak at centre and Grabo is our best centre, shuts down other lines and is our hardest working player.

Blackhawkswincup 02-05-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59114913)
Andrew Shaw is a checking line centre who can score.

I wish he was this

You must not watch Andrew Shaw much

seanlinden 02-05-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59114913)
Andrew Shaw is a checking line centre who can score.

If he was, you wouldn't be trading him + a first for Mikhail Grabovski.

Toronto isn't in a position to downgrade at centre.

zytz 02-05-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59114913)
Andrew Shaw is a checking line centre who can score.

Plus he plays ****ing terrible defense when he's assigned to play center, so he'll fit right in .... we all saw that Jordan Staal goal :sarcasm:


For serious though this isn't too bad, the killer for me is oddly enough Rozy... between him, Brookbank, and Leddy we've had a really solid 3rd pairing.... and I dunno the last time we've been able to say that about the Hawks.

HappyGilmourr 02-05-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zytz (Post 59115511)
Plus he plays ****ing terrible defense when he's assigned to play center, so he'll fit right in .... we all saw that Jordan Staal goal :sarcasm:


For serious though this isn't too bad, the killer for me is oddly enough Rozy... between him, Brookbank, and Leddy we've had a really solid 3rd pairing.... and I dunno the last time we've been able to say that about the Hawks.

And the leafs don't need any more bottom pairing d-men. We have like 5. seriously...

jakapono24 02-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 59113513)
who replaces Grabovski?

Kadri's looking pretty good.

kihei 02-05-2013 09:05 PM

So we get a question mark, a late first round pick that will also be a question mark, and yet another bottom pair defenseman for our best centre at present. Not even remotely tempting.

veedubn1 02-05-2013 09:17 PM

I don't think that package is enough for Toronto to give up a quality top 6 forward (we have so few)... and certainly not a center.

Ricky Bobby 02-05-2013 09:55 PM

Toronto only trade Grabos if they're out of it by the deadline.

If out of it Rozsival would have no value as he is is a UFA at the end of the year so he shouldn't be included in any proposal.

As a Leafs fan I'd trade Grabo for a package consisting of a 1st + a good prospect or a 2nd rounder.

Leafs would then have more cap space then probably any team to head into the off-season with to sign free agents with or trade for (and be stocked up on the picks/prospects teams would be wanting in return).

Sterling31 02-05-2013 10:23 PM

I'd do it if Kadri was ready to take a 1st line work load. This game proved that he is still having a tough time physically

HockeySensible 02-05-2013 11:16 PM

Not that I wouldn't make this trade, but Chicago can't afford Grabovski going forward.

uncleben85 02-05-2013 11:28 PM

Honestly one of the better trades, value wise, we've seen around here. But there isn't much sense in us trading away Grabo.

leugangen 02-05-2013 11:36 PM

I'd want Saad, Pirri, or McNeil coming back in a Grabo trade. Don't like this deal for the Leafs at all.

Bubba88 02-05-2013 11:40 PM

Hawks can't afford Grabo, that's why I would say no

Hero 02-06-2013 08:41 AM

Wow, imagine...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Kane - Grabovski - Sharp

unreal top 6.

birddog* 02-06-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 59112989)
To Chicago:
Mikhail Grabovski

To Toronto:
Andrew Shaw
1st round pick 2013
Michal Rozsival


Chicago gets a legitimate #2 centre to make a cup run.

Toronto continues to get the youth movement rolling with a promising young center and a late 1st round pick.

Rozsival's there to balance salary (UFA at the end of the year).

Thoughts?

Michal Rozsival? Are you joking? Why would Toronto need to take a salary dump for Grabo.

Toronto is not interested in your former 5th round selection Andrew Shaw. He'll never amount to anything special.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.