HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342623)

StrongIslanders90 02-05-2013 09:01 PM

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Im not reacting over this game or the last but am I the only one who thinks its time for Garth to grow some balls and Call PHX about Yandle and ANA about Perry/Ryan

We got plenty of assets that we have attained...

*ANA playing well so they might not ant to move anyone just yet...

I mean even CBJ Carter ... I know he was unhappy there but they still got Jack Johnson and a 1st out of the deal.

What are some of the thoughts of my fellow fans

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59125925)
Im not reacting over this game or the last but am I the only one who thinks its time for Garth to grow some balls and Call PHX about Yandle and ANA about Perry/Ryan

We got plenty of assets that we have attained...

*ANA playing well so they might not ant to move anyone just yet...

I mean even CBJ Carter ... I know he was unhappy there but they still got Jack Johnson and a 1st out of the deal.

What are some of the thoughts of my fellow fans

I think if fans think Snow's moving off his rebuild stance, going to trade for high priced impending ufas, they will be disappointed.

StrongIslanders90 02-05-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59126901)
I think if fans think Snow's moving off his rebuild stance, going to trade for high priced impending ufas, they will be disappointed.

I thought the rebuild was over?

all these prospects and picks cant make the team we have to think about making some moves somtime, no?

InformTheMasses 02-05-2013 09:16 PM

Yandle? No thanks we already have a defenceman that thinks he's a forward.

WangMustGo 02-05-2013 09:17 PM

I think its time to make a move, but I dont think we can afford to give up Strome, Nino, Hamonic, or our first round pick this year. And I think those are the assets teams will want for players like Yandle or Ryan. I think the offseason is where Snow starts looking to make an impact trade.

stranger34 02-05-2013 09:21 PM

it's been time to make a move for two years. I'd love to move Okposo and a pick for pucks

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59127333)
I thought the rebuild was over?

all these prospects and picks cant make the team we have to think about making some moves somtime, no?

I'm not talking about adding more prospects through the draft.

Snow's said he's sticking with his rebuild, to expect more youngsters on the Isles roster.

That sounds like the isles are waiting to see what kids like Strome, Reinhart, Nelson and yes Nino the 2nd time around, bring.

Isles lose 2 straight and the fans are demanding trades? They win two straight and the fans are eyeing the playoffs.;)

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stranger34 (Post 59128715)
it's been time to make a move for two years. I'd love to move Okposo and a pick for pucks

Yes, Okposo is the reason the isles are have zero goals in their last 13 pp.

He's really dragging down Moulson and Tavares, from his spot on the 2nd line tonight:sarcasm:

PWJunior 02-05-2013 09:33 PM

The team is going to make moves, Bailey and Visnovsky will be inserted into the lineup. That's about it.

Isles Junkie 02-05-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59126901)

Making a trade for Keith Yandle (who is signed through 2015-16) really is not moving off the rebuild assuming they don't trade Tavares or Hamonic to do it.

Heck even trading for & then signing Perry isn't moving off the rebuild. It's just helping the current team which is pretty damn average if you ask me.

But you're right about 1 thing. Expecting a trade for an impact player like that will only lead to disappointment.

Kevin27nyi 02-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 59130705)
The team is going to make moves, Bailey and Visnovsky will be inserted into the lineup. That's about it.

Which may be underrated around here.

StrongIslanders90 02-05-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59129193)
I'm not talking about adding more prospects through the draft.

Snow's said he's sticking with his rebuild, to expect more youngsters on the Isles roster.

That sounds like the isles are waiting to see what kids like Strome, Reinhart, Nelson and yes Nino the 2nd time around, bring.

Isles lose 2 straight and the fans are demanding trades? They win two straight and the fans are eyeing the playoffs.;)

"Im not reacting over this game or the last"

Im just going off of the thinking we need a bit more star power....

Get JT a LEGIT winger...Ryan and Yandle are young... even if its not them bring in somone and get some real proven NHL talent...

Im not saying that we should give up on Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart,Donovan....But at some point you got to give to get.....

Shop Okposo and/or Baiey and packege them with another youngster or 2 and you have a decent packege

seafoam 02-05-2013 09:42 PM

Bobby Ryan is not going anywhere considering Perry and Getzlaf are impending UFAs. I don't think it is out of the question that we could possibly see the Isles make a move in the offseason and get a change in personel, but the season is still young as is this team and there are a lot of question marks heading into the offseason as far as contracts.

It will be interesting for sure and I can definitely sense that the ship is sinking already.

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 59130949)
Making a trade for Keith Yandle (who is signed through 2015-16) really is not moving off the rebuild assuming they don't trade Tavares or Hamonic to do it.

Heck even trading for & then signing Perry isn't moving off the rebuild. It's just helping the current team which is pretty damn average if you ask me.

But you're right about 1 thing. Expecting a trade for an impact player like that will only lead to disappointment.

If Snow made a pitch for Yandle, I'd expect it to come in the offseason when Streit leaves as a ufa.

Anaheim is 6-1-1. I doubt they are looking to move any of their top players at this point. Maybe if they fall out the race and can't extend Perry's contract.

I would really be surprised, if Snow jumped into what would be furious bidding for one of the top players, who's an impending ufa like Perry. Isles have not exactly been an attractive draw as far as ufas are concerned: Erhoff/Smyth.

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59131347)
"Im not reacting over this game or the last"

Im just going off of the thinking we need a bit more star power....

Get JT a LEGIT winger...Ryan and Yandle are young... even if its not them bring in somone and get some real proven NHL talent...

Im not saying that we should give up on Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart,Donovan....But at some point you got to give to get.....

Shop Okposo and/or Baiey and packege them with another youngster or 2 and you have a decent packege

How do you expect to get this 1st line winger like Ryan, without dealing Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart.. when Snow has indicated these are the players he wants in the NYI youth movement?

Hip Of Rick 02-05-2013 09:50 PM

The time to make moves as been in affect for about 5 years. The team has not made an impact trade since Ryan Smyth. I don't remember the last roster player we ADDED via trade. Snow refuses to try to improve the team via trade so we are stuck with a crew of draft picks, over the hill vets, career minor league guys, waiver pick-ups, and rushed prospects during his tenure.

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 59131809)
Bobby Ryan is not going anywhere considering Perry and Getzlaf are impending UFAs. I don't think it is out of the question that we could possibly see the Isles make a move in the offseason and get a change in personel, but the season is still young as is this team and there are a lot of question marks heading into the offseason as far as contracts.

It will be interesting for sure and I can definitely sense that the ship is sinking already

Really? I expect an up and down season, with the isles hovering in the race until the end. I'm not sure they are good enough to grab a playoff spot yet, but I definitely expect them to stick around and make things interesting.

I can see this board will be fun :laugh:
Fans feeling confident and sky high after a win, then ranting after a loss.

StrongIslanders90 02-05-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59132313)
How do you expect to get this 1st line winger like Ryan, without dealing Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart.. when Snow has indicated these are the players he wants in the NYI youth movement?

so to get Ryan it would cost all of Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart..??

PWJunior 02-05-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59132885)
Really? I expect an up and down season, with the isles hovering in the race until the end. I'm not sure they are good enough to grab a playoff spot yet, but I definitely expect them to stick around and make things interesting.

That's how it's been around here for a while. You're right though, it's going to be an up and down season for these guys. I've said it before, but this team is an island of misfit toys.

With the expected additions of Bailey and Visnovsky, they might give the team a little bit of a boost. We'll just have to see how things play out over the next couple of weeks. This extended homestand is going to make or break the season.

seafoam 02-05-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59132885)

I'm not ranting, but I don't think the Isles are as good as they have shown us in the first seven or so games.

I don't think the third line can sustain being a consistent scoring threat. Aucoin causes just too many turnovers and gets out muscled. Okposo has still been a mystery and Bailey has been too, who knows how he will play when he returns. The addition of Vis will help, but how much? Streit is defintely not the player he was before his injury and it's showing.

JT, Hamonic, and the other few can't do it alone. This team has played great hockey but need to look better than they did against top teams. This is two games is a row that they played top Eastern Conference teams and they could pull out a W.

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59133683)
so to get Ryan it would cost all of Nino,Strome,Nelson,Reinhart..??

I didn't say it would cost all of them. I said they were the youngsters, I thnk Snow wants on his roster and you won't get Ryan with packaging some of them.

CREW99AW 02-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 59133851)
That's how it's been around here for a while. You're right though, it's going to be an up and down season for these guys. I've said it before, but this team is an island of misfit toys.

With the expected additions of Bailey and Visnovsky, they might give the team a little bit of a boost. We'll just have to see how things play out over the next couple of weeks. This extended homestand is going to make or break the season.

I posted the 1-2 days ago, that getting Bailey+ Vis would give the team a nice boost.

Adding these two, is about the biggest in season move I'm expecting.
In the summer, when Streit becomes a ufa and teams are looking to get under the cap/sign ufas, I expect Snow will make a bigger move. If Streit leaves, he'll have to.

MattMartin 02-05-2013 10:33 PM

Oddly enough still in the 8 hole and ahead of the Rags,Caps and Flyers. I wonder what kind of posts are going over there? I want moves as much as anyone but as many of you have said Vis and Bailey are coming and i really think we need to do it through FA signings. What that being said maybe wang will let Garth go after 1 high priced guy. Getzlaf is my dream weaver guy.

leaponover 02-05-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick (Post 59132787)
The time to make moves as been in affect for about 5 years. The team has not made an impact trade since Ryan Smyth. I don't remember the last roster player we ADDED via trade. Snow refuses to try to improve the team via trade so we are stuck with a crew of draft picks, over the hill vets, career minor league guys, waiver pick-ups, and rushed prospects during his tenure.

Lubomir Visnovsky....I can see how you could forget though considering the trade happened so long ago.....:shakehead

Mustang2750 02-05-2013 10:37 PM

Streit should be gone by the trade deadline. Vis will take over his role and do it better. Streit has been terrible on the PP and 5 on 5.