HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Penguins Beat Islanders 4-2 | Cole's Not Here, Man (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342689)

Big McLargehuge 02-05-2013 08:52 PM

Penguins Beat Islanders 4-2 | Cole's Not Here, Man

Waiting for Cole...but Cole's not here.

Sh00terMcGavin 02-05-2013 08:55 PM

Why have thou forsaken us Cole?

+ Killing 57 penalties
+ 4th line

- Having to kill 57 penalties
- Almost choking late

H382 02-05-2013 08:57 PM

+++ Fleury - Great game, can't blame him for either goal, and made a few outstanding saves.
+ Martin - Just solid
+ Sutter - Good goal, solid defense tonight
+ Neal
+ Despres - Showing signs of great things to come. Would love for him to put on about 10lbs of muscle.
+ Glass - Really becoming a fan of his.

- Malkin - Did he play tonight? They show commercials of these amazing plays by Malkin, but it's been awhile since I've had a "wow" moment from him

KareemTrustfund 02-05-2013 08:58 PM

Despres had another great game, would like to see him move the puck a little faster in the D zone, but other than that he was lights out.

I also felt the Malkin line seemed a little flat for most of the game, but they were good in the D-zone.

cheesedanish87 02-05-2013 08:58 PM

Not sure if its just a coincidence but ever since sutters friend boychuk came here sutter has picked up his game to another level

Polaris Polestar 02-05-2013 08:58 PM

+ PK
+ LSD & Grundy
+ DB actually using his Timeout at the right time
+ MAF

- Taking so many penalties
- Orpik on that first goal
- Nassau Mutants cheering Sid being hurt.

KiuasWarrior 02-05-2013 08:59 PM

+ Fleury was solid

- Those ****ing penalties!

TheSniper26 02-05-2013 08:59 PM

Good overall effort nearly across the board. MAF was stellar, the PK was great, Martin continues being pre-2011 Martin, the first line created some nice offense, the PP looked dangerous.

The only negative was that Malkin looked a bit disinterested through most of the night.

H382 02-05-2013 08:59 PM

Great win.. Had we lost, We would have had 12 points, Islanders would have 11, and quite the log jam in the division.. Very key taking these points tonight.

dr robbie 02-05-2013 08:59 PM

+++ PK. Holy crap. 8 penalties killed? Very nice.

+ MAF. Looked good out there honestly.
+ Crosby. Good chances. Good passes. Should have had that goal in the 3rd.
+ Winning :P
+ Martin again and the defense. Good hustle.
+ TK didn't shoot on one drive and actually made a move to pass it. Maybe he's following the AskTK48?
+ Sutter
+ Despres. Wow. I'm really liking this kid right now.

- Malkin. I think I saw him turn it over 2 or 3 times in one shift. Seemed off his game.
- The team slacking off in the third period letting 2 quick goals. I think MAF had earned the shut out at that point.
- NYI fans applauding Sid hurt and shouting "You Suck" as he walks of the ice. It's one thing to hate the opposing team - it's another thing to be a classless piece of trash
-Waaaay too many shots allowed throughout the game.

AgentM 02-05-2013 09:00 PM

Minus to me. I was late getting home from the gym and the Pens were up 1-0 when I turned on the tv. Once I started watching we took two penalties. I left the tv and came back and saw three more penalties! I would have cost us the game if the PK wasn't so good :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 (Post 59133881)
Not sure if its just a coincidence but ever since sutters friend boychuk came here sutter has picked up his game to another level

Maybe we need to demote TK and give Boychuk a shot on this line :naughty:

Pancakes 02-05-2013 09:02 PM

+ Orpik/Martin - our best defensive pairing all season, they look so ****in solid.

+ Letang - Don't care about his powerplay struggles that much because we score goals anyways. He's a beast defensively and our meanest defensemen. He's meaner than Orpik. He gives people the business all day every day.

+ Sid - he's got that look in his eye.

+ Sutter/Cooke - Good chemistry between these two and Sutter is a beast on the pk.

+ Pk - Really good

+ Powerplay - It looks at its best when Sid is on the left, tang in the middle, and Malkin on the half wall right boards. For some reason the Pens don't always use that formation. They should.

+ Fleury

- Malkin - Whatever. Everyone has off nights.

alcanalz 02-05-2013 09:02 PM

Cole said it was his mom's birthday, wasn't going to be here.

Anyways, +++++++ Fleury and the PK, unbelievable job all around.

+ The Islanders, fading in to irrelevance once again.

+ Another two points against the division.

SuburbanRhythm 02-05-2013 09:02 PM

+ Despres
+ MAF

= that puck...smartly picked Crosby's face. That's Vitale, the pucks out 4-6 weeks.

Zen Arcade 02-05-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr robbie (Post 59134029)

- NYI fans applauding Sid hurt and shouting "You Suck" as he walks of the ice. It's one thing to hate the opposing team - it's another thing to be a classless piece of trash

I'm almost happy that the Isles made the game close, just so those people got their hopes up for nothing.

vodeni 02-05-2013 09:03 PM

+++MAF excellent game
_ MAF excellent game
+++PK
-PK
everything else=
except Malkin he was just out of it

MrBurghundy 02-05-2013 09:05 PM

For the people saying Malkin was out of it, you really need to take into account the infinite amount of penalties the Pens took tonight, and Malkin not playing on the PK.

SuburbanRhythm 02-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes (Post 59134323)

+ Sid - he's got that look in his eye.

I think that's actually the puck.

TheSniper26 02-05-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm (Post 59134395)
+ Despres
+ MAF

= that puck...smartly picked Crosby's face. That's Vitale, the pucks out 4-6 weeks.

If that was Vitale, the puck would have reversed course and flown back at the shooter for having the audacity to fire upon Joe Vitale.

Ugene Malkin 02-05-2013 09:08 PM

Sid still bleeding out in the post game interview. *Manly*

nhindian 02-05-2013 09:09 PM

+++ MAF. Huge saves. Some bad rebounds, especially when defense whiffs on clears.
+ Despres. Some bad penalties, but awesome goal.
+ Martin/Orpik. Epic pairing this year.
+ First in the East if Tampa/Flyers game holds.

Ugene Malkin 02-05-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm (Post 59134729)
I think that's actually the puck.

+10..

vodeni 02-05-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 59134665)
For the people saying Malkin was out of it, you really need to take into account the infinite amount of penalties the Pens took tonight, and Malkin not playing on the PK.

I understand but still everytime he gets on ice he is the only one on their half, skating around trying to pick the puck, the puck is easily moved to our half and cycled to death until the end of the shift..btw why is Giroux on ice 6 on 4 30 seconds left, crazy

Pancakes 02-05-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Speaking of which, I don't get why Malkin never gets pk shifts. I'm not saying make him a regular but he should get the odd pk shift, especially on a night like this where our regular pk guys were getting massively overworked.

Malkin would also add a legit scoring threat thanks to his penchant for takeaways.

TheSniper26 02-05-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Even if that's true, being thrown so badly out of sync because he had to sit on the bench for a bit is still fair game for criticism.