HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Erik Gustafsson and Brandon Manning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342837)

alexo 02-06-2013 12:21 AM

Erik Gustafsson and Brandon Manning
 
Wondering if any of you folks can provide some info about either of these guys. What are the chances that they make any impact at the NHL level?

I have the two of them in my keeper league.. it's very heavy on prospects and our rosters are filled to the point where even a 3rd or 4th line guy can be helpful in our pool. So I'm wondering what you guys think of these two D.

sa cyred 02-06-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexo (Post 59145755)
Wondering if any of you folks can provide some info about either of these guys. What are the chances that they make any impact at the NHL level?

I have the two of them in my keeper league.. it's very heavy on prospects and our rosters are filled to the point where even a 3rd or 4th line guy can be helpful in our pool. So I'm wondering what you guys think of these two D.

Well it's still in the air. Manning had a good season last year but fell on his face this year in the ahl. Gus looked good last season and some of us pegged him in the roster this season but injuries held him out. He looked really good when he played in the ahl this season so that was good. My personal views? Gus has the talent to play 5 or 6 and maybe 2nd pp time. While manning has regressed he MIGHT become a 6th or just an ahl defender

StandingCow 02-06-2013 02:09 AM

Gus will be brought back up because we need a good puck moving D man, something we don't really have right now.

tlkamps 02-06-2013 10:31 AM

I tweeted at @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi) and he said Gus is playing down in the minors but is making slow progress. He also said Mez has started skating again, which could be a good thing as well.

alexo 02-06-2013 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I might patiently hang on to Gustafsson for now and cut Manning loose.

FlyersFanz 02-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexo (Post 59183037)
Thanks for the info guys. I might patiently hang on to Gustafsson for now and cut Manning loose.

Gus and Bourdon are both injured and should return soon, both are speedy puck moving D men.

YuioIklo 02-07-2013 04:57 PM

Gus will probably take the 6th spot when healthy. He has a good chance at making an impact in the NHL. Manning, we don't know yet. He looked fine last year, we'll see.

sa cyred 02-07-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 59237997)
Gus and Bourdon are both injured and should return soon, both are speedy puck moving D men.

Dont know if MAB and speed should be used in the same sentence. MAB isnt really a puckmover either, more of a big body slapshotter. Gus isnt even that fast either. Little above average but thats about it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 02-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanz (Post 59237997)
Gus and Bourdon are both injured and should return soon, both are speedy puck moving D men.

I doubt Bourdon sees the ice again this year, maybe ever. Third concussion in less than a year back in November. I think he's done.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.