HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   What will it take for John Scott to fight Chara? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1342931)

Darth Yoda 02-06-2013 05:01 AM

What will it take for John Scott to fight Chara?
 
I'm well tired of Charas length advantage and are hoping his cherry picking of people to fight will come to an end and get John Scott on his ticket. You think that ever could happen? I dont think Derek Boogaard ever got the chance to go against him, no?

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 05:31 AM

Chara will have to grow a pair. I highly doubt he will ever fight Scott.....

dafoomie 02-06-2013 05:37 AM

He fought Peter Worrell 6 times.

When you win Norris Trophies and lead the league in time on ice you get to pick your battles. Sorry.

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafoomie (Post 59152195)
He fought Peter Worrell 6 times.

When you win Norris Trophies and lead the league in time on ice you get to pick your battles. Sorry.

he is smaller than john scott

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafoomie (Post 59152195)
He fought Peter Worrell 6 times.

When you win Norris Trophies and lead the league in time on ice you get to pick your battles. Sorry.


yup, he will pick his battles, like a boxing champ clearly ducking the #1 contender.

dafoomie 02-06-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152215)
he is smaller than john scott

Peter Worrell was much more feared than John Scott ever was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152235)
yup, he will pick his battles, like a boxing champ clearly ducking the #1 contender.

How many times did Larry Robinson fight after he beat Dave Schultz?

Darth Yoda 02-06-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafoomie (Post 59152195)
He fought Peter Worrell 6 times.

I must say thank you here sir for reminding me of this. I dont follow fights like some others so i forgot about this, it sure is something!

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafoomie (Post 59152291)
Peter Worrell was much more feared than John Scott ever was.


How many times did Larry Robinson fight after he beat Dave Schultz?


what does that have to do with Chara?

Soderberg 02-06-2013 06:05 AM

Lol people on this board are so pathetic. Boston's best players don't have to fight goons just to prove themselves to jealous opposing fans. Chara isn't a fighter and when he does fight someone he doesn't even want to hit them. Chara doesn't even use his advantage to the best of its ability.

Man Bear Pig 02-06-2013 06:57 AM

What is this I don't even...

Chara is an elite dman in this league, he doesn't need to prove a thing. He also doesn't like to fight, probably because he almost kills people. And Scott isn't the be all, end all of fighters. Just recently Orr put him down. Orr is 6'3 220 lbs and gave up 5 inches and 50 lbs. No enforcer in invincible. People seriously don't understand how strong Chara is. He literally picked Bryan McCabe up off the ice years back and ragdolled him. McCabe's 225 lbs.

Number8 02-06-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152129)
Chara will have to grow a pair. I highly doubt he will ever fight Scott.....

http://www.hockeydb.com :shakehead

CJ: You are the Captain of this team, a Norris Trophy winner, and log 20+ minutes a game. Why in the hell did you decide to fight that plug? We need you on the ice.

ZC: But Coach, some of the guys on HF Boards think I don't have the guts to fight him.

CJ: Last year you were voted the second toughest player in the League, BY YOUR PEERS!

ZC: Yeah but Coach, the guys on HF Boards.......

By the way, as an aside, I think your avatar would look better if you incorporated 1993 into it somehow. Make for a nice 20th anniversary motif.:laugh:

Smash88 02-06-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152129)
Chara will have to grow a pair. I highly doubt he will ever fight Scott.....

LOL.. Chara has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to prove to John Scott.. :laugh:

The Kid 02-06-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152235)
yup, he will pick his battles, like a boxing champ clearly ducking the #1 contender.

This will shock everyone... your premise is wrong. Chara is NOT a boxing champ, nor is he a "fighter" or "enforcer". So your entire argument fails right out of the gate. Scott and Chara have no such history, and are not combatants of similar nature. Chara is not a good fighter (at least on skates), but I think that if he can keep his balance, he would destroy Scott. Yes, that is correct, destroy him. Scotts punches are short and choppy. That is why he could not really do too much against Orr, who has freakishly long arms (and power/skill/toughness). If you can hold Scott away, which Chara has the size and strength to do, but still hit him, it's over. Orr took him down, so did Parros. The formula is not magic, it's physics more than anything as both Chara and Scott are very big, very strong, and tough.

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number8 (Post 59154031)
http://www.hockeydb.com :shakehead

CJ: You are the Captain of this team, a Norris Trophy winner, and log 20+ minutes a game. Why in the hell did you decide to fight that plug? We need you on the ice.

ZC: But Coach, some of the guys on HF Boards think I don't have the guts to fight him.

CJ: Last year you were voted the second toughest player in the League, BY YOUR PEERS!

ZC: Yeah but Coach, the guys on HF Boards.......

By the way, as an aside, I think your avatar would look better if you incorporated 1993 into it somehow. Make for a nice 20th anniversary motif.:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smash88 (Post 59154131)
LOL.. Chara has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to prove to John Scott.. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kid (Post 59154723)
This will shock everyone... your premise is wrong. Chara is NOT a boxing champ, nor is he a "fighter" or "enforcer". So your entire argument fails right out of the gate. Scott and Chara have no such history, and are not combatants of similar nature. Chara is not a good fighter (at least on skates), but I think that if he can keep his balance, he would destroy Scott. Yes, that is correct, destroy him. Scotts punches are short and choppy. That is why he could not really do too much against Orr, who has freakishly long arms (and power/skill/toughness). If you can hold Scott away, which Chara has the size and strength to do, but still hit him, it's over. Orr took him down, so did Parros. The formula is not magic, it's physics more than anything as both Chara and Scott are very big, very strong, and tough.


Its not about proving anything to anyone. I just notice that Chara has had no problem smashing guys who are no where near his size. Now a guy comes along who is his size and it would be nice to see the fight.

Who knows who would win but it would be fun to see.

Also to the guy who said he is tooimportant to the bruins to fight, how come no one says that stuff when he smashes a smaller guy?? If he fought Prust tonight and gave him a good smashing, every boston fan would love it and laugh about it. NOT ONE would say he was wrong to fight and should have stayed on the ice.

Therick67 02-06-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59155073)
Its not about proving anything to anyone. I just notice that Chara has had no problem smashing guys who are no where near his size. Now a guy comes along who is his size and it would be nice to see the fight.

Who knows who would win but it would be fun to see.

He's smashing guys in the course of the game who can play the game. Just fighting Scott, because thats the only thing he can do makes no sense.

One clown playing 3 minutes a night hasn't done much for Buffalo's 'toughness,' acording to the standings.

Fire Julien 02-06-2013 08:46 AM

Chara has fought Worrell, Darren Langdon, Scott Parker, Chris Simon, Eric Cairns, all far tougher than Scott. He doesn't have anything to prove as a 36 year old future hall of famer.

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therick67 (Post 59155287)
He's smashing guys in the course of the game who can play the game. Just fighting Scott, because thats the only thing he can do makes no sense.

One clown playing 3 minutes a night hasn't done much for Buffalo's 'toughness,' acording to the standings.

Ask Sean Thornton about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco (Post 59155319)
Chara has fought Worrell, Darren Langdon, Scott Parker, Chris Simon, Eric Cairns, all far tougher than Scott. He doesn't have anything to prove as a 36 year old future hall of famer.

I thought he was too important to fight goons??

Boris Le Tigre 02-06-2013 08:49 AM

would love to see that happen...

I don't expect Chara to have to do it... nor do I think it makes him a better sportsman or more honourable or whatever... I just wanna see it.

I imagine big Z would indulge Scott for awhile - then fall as he doesn't have great balance as a fighter. Chara has a powerful punch though so he might catch him...

would bet on Scott since that's his job but I think Big Z could hurt Scott if he connected... he could hurt anybody... that's what makes him scary.

Number8 02-06-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59155411)
One clown playing 3 minutes a night hasn't done much for Buffalo's 'toughness,' acording to the standings.

Ask Sean Thornton about that.

The poster said that Scott hasn't done much for Buffalo's toughness according to the standings.

Since the Scott-Thornton fight Buffalo has gone 0-3 and Boston is 1-0. Scott has since lost a fight to Parros and Thornton is skating reportedly with no symptoms......

Seems to me like the earth didn't spin off axis any more than when Colton Orr got KO'd. Tough guys lose fights every once in while -- sometimes badly.

I would venture to guess that the vast majority of Scott's fights are "faceoff circle agreements" -- I don't know for sure. Regardless, if you think that's what Chara is going to do with Scott, I think you'll be disappointed. For Scott to go with Chara, he'll have to be playing hockey and involved in the play. That might be a problem.

Therick67 02-06-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59155411)
Ask Sean Thornton about that.



Buffalo hasn't won a game since they beat the Bruins. If it's helped them, it sure doesn't reflect in the standings.

If the Sabre's goal was to beat up Shawn Thornton, I guess they've won.

The Kid 02-06-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59155073)
Its not about proving anything to anyone. I just notice that Chara has had no problem smashing guys who are no where near his size. Now a guy comes along who is his size and it would be nice to see the fight.

Who knows who would win but it would be fun to see.

Also to the guy who said he is tooimportant to the bruins to fight, how come no one says that stuff when he smashes a smaller guy?? If he fought Prust tonight and gave him a good smashing, every boston fan would love it and laugh about it. NOT ONE would say he was wrong to fight and should have stayed on the ice.

He is too important to fight all of the time, and every time. That does not mean that he does not fight ever. He is arguably, the most important person on the ice for the Bruins at any given moment (maybe Bergeron). I don't know of any of those fights that were pre-arranged the way one with Scott seems to be heading. It's just silly hockey forum babble to make the argument that Chara is somehow ducking a plug in fighter.

If it's someone's opinion that it would be cool to see, fine, that is not arguable as it is opinion based on relevance.

Therick67 02-06-2013 09:14 AM

Maybe Chara should challenge Scott to a game of hockey.

BBB24 02-06-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59155411)
Ask Sean Thornton about that.



I thought he was too important to fight goons??

Who is that? Never heard of that guy. Funny how hab, sabre and leaf fans all want Chara or Lucic to fight Scott or Orr. Must be hoping they do and get injured so their ladies don't have to worry about them. 1993

smack66 02-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 59152421)
what does that have to do with Chara?

i'm sorry but if you can't comprehend this analogy then this conversation should be over.

IceDaddy 02-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBB24 (Post 59157019)
Who is that? Never heard of that guy. Funny how hab, sabre and leaf fans all want Chara or Lucic to fight Scott or Orr. Must be hoping they do and get injured so their ladies don't have to worry about them. 1993


Chara manhandles everyone in the league and I thought it would be cool if he fought someone his own size for a change. Thats all


24 vs 6


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.