HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT: Dallas vs Edmonton - 8:00 MT 06/02/13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343033)

misfit 02-06-2013 09:49 AM

Dallas vs Edmonton - 8:00 MT 06/02/13

:stars @ :edmonton
Dallas:4-5-1 (9pts) vs Edmonton: 4-3-2 (10pts)

Time: 8:00pm MT
Television: TSN
Radio: 630 Ched

Rosters:

Dallas
Morrow - Benn - Jagr
Eriksson - Roy - Vincour
Smith - Eakin - Ryder
Nystrom - Fiddler - Roussel

Dillon - Robidas
Larsen - Oleksiak
Rome - Daley

Lehtonen

Injured - Whitney (foot)

Edmonton
Hall - Arcobello - Eberle
Yakupov - Gagner - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Lander - Paajarvi
Hordichuk - Smyth - Petrell

Smid - Petry
Schultz - Schultz
Whitney - Potter

Dubnyk

Injured - Horcoff (hand), Belanger (foot), Sutton (knee), Eager (concussion), Jones (eye), Peckham (AHL - conditioning), Fistric (back), Nugent-Hopkins (shoulder?)

Game Notes:
- Peckham and Eager are still listed as injured for this game, but there's a chance the latter could play tonight. Peckham has been sent to OKC for conditioning.

- Fistric misses his first opportunity to play the only other NHL team he's played for because of a back injury he suffered in Monday's game against the Canucks.

- I think Hemsky could have a big game tonight. He always seems to shine when his buddy Jaromir Jagr is on the other bench. The last time Jagr was in town, Hemsky's name was in trade rumours. He didn't find his way onto the scoresheet that night, but he I still felt he had a great game (almost scored the game's first goal, but Bryzgalov made an unbelievable save).

- I can always tell when this board starts getting down on the team because it's usually the day I log into HFboards on gameday and find there's no GDT. Hopefully we play so well tonight that we see 4 or 5 GDTs posted around 12:01am Saturday morning.

EDIT - Oh yeah...GO OILERS!!!

ogorr 02-06-2013 09:56 AM

Hadn't really become apparent to me until just now but look at all of the injuries and the fact the oilers can still ice a respectable lineup is encouraging.

OneMoreAstronaut 02-06-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogorr (Post 59157771)
Hadn't really become apparent to me until just now but look at all of the injuries and the fact the oilers can still ice a respectable lineup is encouraging.

Says who? :sarcasm:

dustrock 02-06-2013 10:01 AM

Well every game is a statement game this season so look for a statement from Eberle.

MeestaDeteta 02-06-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogorr (Post 59157771)

Depends what you consider respectable. On our forwards, Hemsky, Smyth and maybe Gagner are the only players with a decent amount of experience under their belts.

MeestaDeteta 02-06-2013 10:02 AM

Hate calling games "must wins" at this stage of the season, but this is a game we should win if we want to consider ourselves a playoff team.

Whitney not playing is nice, as he always seems to light up the Oilers.

Turrican* 02-06-2013 10:03 AM

Ya.. Cause they are all injuries to bottom 6 forwards and 6,7,8th defensemen.

Groucho 02-06-2013 10:05 AM

Peckham won't get into the line up, he's been sent for a conditioning stint in OKC. 2 weeks.
Nobody has said much about Fistric either.

Mowzie 02-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 59157563)
:stars @ :edmonton
Dallas:4-5-1 (9pts) vs Edmonton: 4-3-2 (10pts)

Time: 8:00pm MT
Television: Sportsnet West
Radio: 630 Ched

I think TSN has this game, not SN-W.

ogorr 02-06-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle (Post 59158011)
Depends what you consider respectable. On our forwards, Hemsky, Smyth and maybe Gagner are the only players with a decent amount of experience under their belts.

These are short term stop gaps (1-2 weeks) for the most part and considering they are 4 injuries deep on the front end right now and are just getting to a callup like arcobello says something. Previous years a guy like this would have been a second choice callup. Apart from him every guy in the lineup (forwards) is capable of playing in the NHL on a full time basis in the future.

Is it ideal, no but it is an improvement on previous years.

ogorr 02-06-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman Russ (Post 59158065)
Ya.. Cause they are all injuries to bottom 6 forwards and 6,7,8th defensemen.

How many other teams have a bunch of proven top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen playing in the AHL?

Chooch 02-06-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle (Post 59158059)
Hate calling games "must wins" at this stage of the season, but this is a game we should win if we want to consider ourselves a playoff team.

Yeah, if we lose, i can't help but think we're in for another trainwreck of a season.

Oilbleeder 02-06-2013 10:17 AM

Ugh faceoffs and PK worry me for this game. Lander has to step up for the top PK pairing, and i guess Gagner takes over the 2nd pairing.

Good news is Dallas isnt super deep up front.

Hoping we shake up the top two lines and get some ES scoring going. Hoping Whitney doesnt have his "1 stupid giveaway/game" quota filled tonight.

HumbleOilFan 02-06-2013 10:18 AM

I have two tickets available to this game if anyone is interested as I cannot attend. See my post in the ticket exchange thread.

5-3 Oilers. ITS GAMEDAY!!! :yo:

Really hoping to see Eberle stop his slide as of late. We all know what he can do and I'm sure he'll get back there shortly.

Would be extremely nice to see RNH get of the snide as well. It isn't like he isn't creating chances...they have to start going in at some point!

joestevens29 02-06-2013 10:18 AM

Two things, curious to see our lines and I'm curious to see how long they last.

joestevens29 02-06-2013 10:19 AM

On Peckham, Gregor said he is going to OKC for two weeks. Kinda shocked it hasn't been mentioned.

Hall2Nuge2Ebs 02-06-2013 10:19 AM

Oh no not Dallas
They always physically punish us :(

Chooch 02-06-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 59158741)
Oh no not Dallas

Yeah, i can't get that game from last season where we got mutilated out of my head.

pox 02-06-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugie Boy (Post 59158741)
Oh no not Dallas

there not that type of team anymore, otts gone and we got fistric...

Replacement 02-06-2013 10:39 AM

Least we don't have to worry about Steve Ott anymore.

btw wheres Roy in the Dallas lineup?

joestevens29 02-06-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 59159645)

Think he just came back from injury, not sure he has played since returning.

Alistar 02-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 59159645)

Derek Roy is the 2nd line center.

on Monday Dallas started with the following lines:

Morrow - Benn - Jagr
Eriksson - Roy - Vincour
Smith - Eakin - Ryder
Roussel - Fiddler - Nystrom

but Ryder and Vincour switched during the game.

The Big Unit 02-06-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumbleOilFan (Post 59158699)
I have two tickets available to this game if anyone is interested as I cannot attend. See my post in the ticket exchange thread.

5-3 Oilers. ITS GAMEDAY!!! :yo:

Really hoping to see Eberle stop his slide as of late. We all know what he can do and I'm sure he'll get back there shortly.

Would be extremely nice to see RNH get of the snide as well. It isn't like he isn't creating chances...they have to start going in at some point!

I think they're both ready to break out too. I feel that if RNH can get hot the team will go on a run.

Bushwick Bill 02-06-2013 10:50 AM

Can't stand Roussel

Where's fistric when we need him :(

joestevens29 02-06-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak (Post 59160089)
Can't stand Roussel

Where's fistric when we need him :(

Sitting on a donut for his ass:(