HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Kings-Preds game on 2/7. Need help. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343049)

bk20 02-06-2013 10:06 AM

Kings-Preds game on 2/7. Need help.
 
My wife and I are coming down to your lovely city of Nash Vegas for the game tomorrow evening(from louisville). We plan on leaving early enough so directions & parking aren't as much of an issue(although any helpful suggestions may help :) What is a bigger issue is tix. We are looking for 2 in the lower level and the best price I've found em for was around $85 a ticket. We can't really spend that much but i was wanting us to have good seats for our first official nhl game. If thats gonna be my best choice, I could go with those tix but id rather not. I've got no problems with looking around there before the game. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

drwpreds 02-06-2013 10:44 AM

Check stubhub- there are lowers on there right now for $60

bk20 02-06-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwpreds (Post 59159853)
Check stubhub- there are lowers on there right now for $60

Thx a lot man but that's around the same price I found on the other site, before handling fees, etc. I appreciate it though. I'm just a cheapskate ky boy sol I guess? Lol. Oh well...time to deal with the scalpers!

april 02-06-2013 11:01 AM

Have you tried Craigslist?

bk20 02-06-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by april (Post 59160559)
Have you tried Craigslist?

Yep but unfortunately they're all even more expensive than stubhub! Thanks though.

SavageSteve 02-06-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59161121)
Yep but unfortunately they're all even more expensive than stubhub! Thanks though.

Are you in 'college'? They have college night specials on Thursdays... predators.nhl.com/college
code is 'college'

PredsV82 02-06-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59160131)
Thx a lot man but that's around the same price I found on the other site, before handling fees, etc. I appreciate it though. I'm just a cheapskate ky boy sol I guess? Lol. Oh well...time to deal with the scalpers!

I suspect scalpers wont come down much off of face value until right at gametime, so if you want to see warmups, tour the arena, hit the pro shop, etc, you might want to go ahead and secure your tix now.

bk20 02-06-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 59167961)
I suspect scalpers wont come down much off of face value until right at gametime, so if you want to see warmups, tour the arena, hit the pro shop, etc, you might want to go ahead and secure your tix now.

Thx...I keep refreshing craigslist every 5 mins! Lol

Pattypred 02-06-2013 05:39 PM

BK20 - I just sent you a PM with information on getting tickets.

bk20 02-07-2013 01:16 AM

Is scalping allowed near the arena, maybe I will have more luck that way?

sparkle twin 02-07-2013 01:44 AM

Scalpers are on every corner across from the arena.

bk20 02-07-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkle twin (Post 59210499)
Scalpers are on every corner across from the arena.

Nice. Thx bro

kypredsfan 02-07-2013 02:12 AM

The game is a near sellout so good luck.

NoNecksCurse 02-07-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59210545)
Nice. Thx bro

most of the scalpers work together. there have been games where its like a monopoly in sense of scalpers. they all charge the same

ouendan1 02-07-2013 09:11 AM

I'm rather impressed with the price jump in just one year. I asked this board back in March of last year about tickets to a Kings-Preds game and I ended up getting a pair of tickets on the side the Kings shoot twice about 7 rows off the ice for $85 total, so just over $40 a ticket. These tickets have jumped up a lot!

bk20 02-07-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouendan1 (Post 59216571)
I'm rather impressed with the price jump in just one year. I asked this board back in March of last year about tickets to a Kings-Preds game and I ended up getting a pair of tickets on the side the Kings shoot twice about 7 rows off the ice for $85 total, so just over $40 a ticket. These tickets have jumped up a lot!

Its just because we are the reigning champs. I got in but the game sucked!

golfmade 02-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59272069)
Its just because we are the reigning champs. I got in but the game sucked!

Game only sucked if you're a Kings fan. :laugh:

Hope you had a good time!

PredsV82 02-07-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59272069)
Its just because we are the reigning champs. I got in but the game sucked!

where did you end up sitting and how much did you pay?

and how did a Kings fan end up in Louisville?

bk20 02-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 59281925)
where did you end up sitting and how much did you pay?

and how did a Kings fan end up in Louisville?

Ended up in the lower level. Paid $50 each ticket, not bad. Mainly I started following the Kings back in the early 90s. I always loved their colors when I was younger and I guess that's where it started. Plus I was a metal head and a lot of bands seemed to be Kings fans.

Btw I loved yall's arena. Great fans, great facilities, great surrounding. 1st class all the way for sure. I will pull for the Preds as my #2 team now. I plan on making it back to Bridgestone for sure! Thanks to those of you that tried to help, you rock. :yo:

TMI 02-08-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk20 (Post 59272069)
Its just because we are the reigning champs. I got in but the game sucked!

I rather enjoyed it. Took Rachel to her first game, and she enjoyed it as well :)

I hope you had a good time in Nashville anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.