HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1 year to Sochi, name your 23 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343235)

Faltorvo 02-06-2013 02:26 PM

1 year to Sochi, name your 23
 
Sochi, big ice, hostile environment.

Whats your Canadian 23?

Kessley Snipes* 02-06-2013 02:29 PM

Wrong Board for this

a a ron 02-06-2013 02:30 PM

when can kessel get his canadian citizenship?

MildlyAwesome 02-06-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amckay6 (Post 59168229)
when can kessel get his canadian citizenship?

Probably be unwise for him since he probably wouldn't make the team. Canada plays big, strong, skilled, and fast.

Kessel doesn't have the first two and wouldn't make the team. He wouldn't make top 6, and can't play bottom 6.

For hte USA, he is one of the better players but not for Canada.

Faltorvo 02-06-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kessley Snipes (Post 59168155)
Wrong Board for this

WHY?

I want to see a leafs fan POV.

I'm curious to see what our fanbase values in a player.

thatshype 02-06-2013 02:40 PM

Stamkos either plays with Crosby on the top line as a winger, or he gets 2nd line duties with Neal. There's no way he misses the next olympics.


I'm rooting for Pietrangelo to make the squad too, next year. And Iginla makes the squad, but as a 3rd/4th line checker.

Al14 02-06-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amckay6 (Post 59168229)
when can kessel get his canadian citizenship?

Even with a newly minted Canadian citizenship, Kessel would not be elegible to play for Team Canada as he has already played for team U.S.A.

According to IIHF rules, once you play for one country you can't play for another. Period.

BonMorrison 02-06-2013 02:55 PM

Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - Corey Perry
James Neal - John Tavares - Claude Giroux
Mike Richards - Jonathan Toews - Jarome Iginla
Taylor Hall - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin

Shea Weber - Duncan Keith
Alex Pietrangelo - Drew Doughty
Kris Letang - Brent Seabrook

Carey Price
Marc-André Fleury
Roberto Luongo

---

If Thornton and Marleau stay this hot until next year, I would swap them in instead of Hall & Seguin.

Yes, I believe Iginla will be on the team. He will be the veteran captain (a la Niedermeyer in 2010) and play on the shutdown line with Toews and Richards.

Rayzorexe 02-06-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al14 (Post 59169067)
Even with a newly minted Canadian citizenship, Kessel would not be elegible to play for Team Canada as he has already played for team U.S.A.

According to IIHF rules, once you play for one country you can't play for another. Period.

Actually, I remember reading something like Nabokov playing for Team Kazakhstan and had to wait two years from the last time to play for them in order to play for Russia..

I think its written here http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/c...igibility.html

Dwight K Schrute 02-06-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 59169501)
Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - Corey Perry
James Neal - John Tavares - Claude Giroux
Mike Richards - Jonathan Toews - Jarome Iginla
Taylor Hall - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin

Shea Weber - Duncan Keith
Alex Pietrangelo - Drew Doughty
Kris Letang - Brent Seabrook

Carey Price
Marc-André Fleury
Roberto Luongo

---

If Thornton and Marleau stay this hot until next year, I would swap them in instead of Hall & Seguin.

Yes, I believe Iginla will be on the team. He will be the veteran captain (a la Niedermeyer in 2010) and play on the shutdown line with Toews and Richards.

horrible... are you kidding with neal on line 2 and seguin making the team. Not even close. Eberle makes this team wayyyy before seguin or hall

Kessley Snipes* 02-06-2013 02:58 PM

Stamkos- Crosby- Nash
Perry-Getzlaf-Horton
Marleau-Thornton-Lucic
Sharp-Toews-E.Staal

Keith-Weber
Doughty-Letang
Pietrangelo- Boyle

Extra: Bergeron, Neal, Eberle
Special Consideration: Couture, Iginla (I think he makes the team out of respect)

Luongo
Price
Fleury

ShameOnYouZidlicky 02-06-2013 03:02 PM

Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - Corey Perry
Rick Nash - Eric Staal - Claude Giroux
John Tavares - Jonathan Toews - Jarome Iginla
Milan Lucic - Mike Richards - Jordan Eberle
Patrice Bergeron

Shea Weber - Kris Letang
Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Marc Staal - Drew Doughty
Alex Pietrangelo

Carey Price
and two of: Martin Brodeur, Roberto Luongo, Cam Ward (cant decide)

Eyedea 02-06-2013 03:19 PM

Gotta keep the Keith-Seabrook pair together. I think there will be a Lucic-Bergeron-Iginla shutdown line of some sorts. Put Toews + Crosby as the top 2 Cs and Stamkos, Giroux, Nash and Perry as the wingers.

Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
Nash - Toews - Giroux
Tavares - (E) Staal - Eberle
Benn/Lucic- Bergeron - Iginla
Lucic/Benn, Mike Richards

Keith - Doughty
Hamhuis - Weber
Staal - Letang
Pietrangelo

Price
Luongo
Ward

bshaw 02-06-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyedea (Post 59170675)
Gotta keep the Keith-Seabrook pair together. I think there will be a Lucic-Bergeron-Iginla shutdown line of some sorts. Put Toews + Crosby as the top 2 Cs and Stamkos, Giroux, Nash and Perry as the wingers.

Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
Nash - Toews - Giroux
Tavares - (E) Staal - Eberle
Benn/Lucic- Bergeron - Iginla
Lucic/Benn, Mike Richards

Weber - Letang
Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Marc Staal/Phaneuf (maybe? outside chance of course)

Price
Luongo
Ward

Theres a leaf fans answer with phaneuf..if hes still playing like this no chance, hes not a shutdown nor an offensive defenseman at this point.

Faltorvo 02-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyedea (Post 59170675)
Gotta keep the Keith-Seabrook pair together. I think there will be a Lucic-Bergeron-Iginla shutdown line of some sorts. Put Toews + Crosby as the top 2 Cs and Stamkos, Giroux, Nash and Perry as the wingers.

Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
Nash - Toews - Giroux
Tavares - (E) Staal - Eberle
Benn/Lucic- Bergeron - Iginla
Lucic/Benn, Mike Richards

Weber - Letang
Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Marc Staal/Phaneuf (maybe? outside chance of course)

Price
Luongo
Ward

Hrmm i'm not convinced that you shift your top goal scorer the last 3 years off his position. (Stamkos)

ACC1224 02-06-2013 03:30 PM

Who's the Coach?

Hurt 02-06-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACC1224 (Post 59171217)
Who's the Coach?

Probably Mike Babcock.

Faltorvo 02-06-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 59171249)
Probably Mike Babcock.

in the mix, Hitch, Sutter.

Eyedea 02-06-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshaw (Post 59170987)
Theres a leaf fans answer with phaneuf..if hes still playing like this no chance, hes not a shutdown nor an offensive defenseman at this point.

I'm talking about as an emergency. Like I said, outside chance. I'm not expecting him to make the team anyways, it was just an obligatory homeric comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faltorvo (Post 59171121)
Hrmm i'm not convinced that you shift your top goal scorer the last 3 years off his position. (Stamkos)

I think it would work if he's playing on a line with Crosby. He usually sticks to the left anyways to get his one-timers off.

ACC1224 02-06-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 59171249)
Probably Mike Babcock.

I'd expect him as well. I wasn't sure if it had been announced.

Who's running the Team?

Faltorvo 02-06-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyedea (Post 59171377)
I'm talking about as an emergency. Like I said, outside chance. I'm not expecting him to make the team anyways, it was just an obligatory homeric comment.



I think it would work if he's playing on a line with Crosby. He usually sticks to the left anyways to get his one-timers off.

Ya, i thought that was more on the PP though.

Eyedea 02-06-2013 03:39 PM

It practically is a PP with a line like that.

johnny_rudeboy 02-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonMorrison (Post 59169501)
Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - Corey Perry
James Neal - John Tavares - Claude Giroux
Mike Richards - Jonathan Toews - Jarome Iginla
Taylor Hall - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin

Shea Weber - Duncan Keith
Alex Pietrangelo - Drew Doughty
Kris Letang - Brent Seabrook

Carey Price
Marc-André Fleury
Roberto Luongo

---

If Thornton and Marleau stay this hot until next year, I would swap them in instead of Hall & Seguin.

Yes, I believe Iginla will be on the team. He will be the veteran captain (a la Niedermeyer in 2010) and play on the shutdown line with Toews and Richards.

I think this is the best line up Canada could have. With 2 centers on each line there will always be some on who can take faceoffs if one gets kicked out of the circle. But I would keep Keith and Seabrook as a pair and have Neal with Crosby and Stamkos with Tavares.

Leafs For Life* 02-06-2013 03:55 PM

Stamkos-Crosby-Perry
Tavares-Giroux-Eberle
Richards-Toews-Nash -Almost will guarantee it, they played fantastic last time.
Hall-Bergeron-Staal.
Benn

Weber-Pietrangelo
Letang-Doughty
Seabrook-Keith
Staal/Young gun.

Price
Luongo
MAF

Atomos2 02-06-2013 03:56 PM

E. Staal(A)-Crosby (C)-Eberle
Seguin-Stamkos-Giroux
Richards-Toews(A)-Nash
Skinner-Tavares-Benn/Sharp/Hall
Bergeron


Doughty-Keith
Letang-Weber(A)
Pietrangelo-M. Staal
Myers

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Spezza or Iginla might force their way into the forward line up. If so, then I'd give Iggy the C and move Tavares on the wing for Spezza taking out the Benn/Sharp scenario. And Babcock, Hitchcock or Sutter as head coach.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.