HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RNH's injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343265)

Oilers4life1987 02-06-2013 02:28 PM

RNH's injury

How bad do you think it is and will it affect him long term? I hope not, hes my fav player on the team other than Hall Ebs Yak n Schultz. Thats basically the future core of this team. If he needs rest give him plenty and if its surgery get er done now n rehab then come back next year at 100%

Also lets not do the same mistake that we did with Hall. I understand these kids are competitive n want to play but like I mention their our core n we cant let them regress

Amos665 02-06-2013 02:31 PM

All talk from the team is that his shoulders are just sore, and it is nothing too serious. Step away from the bridge.

awesomo 02-06-2013 02:31 PM

"if he had to go tonight, he could have"

I am the Liquor 02-06-2013 02:32 PM

He will get surgery eventually. The only question is when.

timekeep 02-06-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomo (Post 59171237)
"if he had to go tonight, he could have"

heard that too, surprised he doesn't have to go with two starting centers already out of the lineup.

Amos665 02-06-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timekeep (Post 59171301)
heard that too, surprised he doesn't have to go with two starting centers already out of the lineup.

Early in a shortened season where they aren't expected to compete. If they were battling for a playoff spot/home ice advantage, he'd be there. The sad truth about Tambo is that he is always willing to pick 1st overall again, sigh :rolleyes:

OilCanada92 02-06-2013 02:38 PM

Seems to me he made be the first victim of the "one day" break this season instead of the usually 2-3 days in between games. Hopefully when Jones returns the end up cycling players like Paajarvi and Teemu. Certain players get a break longer then they suppose to get.

Ogopogo* 02-06-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amos665 (Post 59171459)
Early in a shortened season where they aren't expected to compete. If they were battling for a playoff spot/home ice advantage, he'd be there. The sad truth about Tambo is that he is always willing to pick 1st overall again, sigh :rolleyes:

Maybe by you...

nexttothemoon 02-06-2013 02:39 PM

It'd be stupid to put him in the lineup unless it was a playoff game. It's early in the season and he's a #1C... don't take any chances.

No idea how bad it is but it sounds like he has 2 separate shoulder injuries now, this fresh one and a lingering one.

I agree it's probably something that eventually needs to be addressed but players sometimes play for years without addressing them... playing through some injuries is unfortunately part of sports.

Hockey is extremely physical and I bet almost every NHL player has tweaks and pains that they play through every single year.

jsho 02-06-2013 02:40 PM

Worst case scenario him and MacKinnon just rotate in and out of the lineup next year.

awesomo 02-06-2013 02:41 PM

hes been throwing a lot of hits too.

perfect season IMO to get this shoulder surgery. short season, seth jones ;)

Jooked 02-06-2013 02:49 PM

Probably an over reaction but justified due to Player and Team history.

It's a shortened season getting a day's rest to heal up isn't a bad thing. Point are important but the season is still early and we'll need RNH for the majority of it.

Compounding the issue are injuries to Horc and Belanger. RNH would have to take more draws which puts even more strain on his shoulder.

Injury + increased work load = recipe for disaster.

I am the Liquor 02-06-2013 02:56 PM

You guys are kidding yourselves.

Getting a day's rest? When two of our four centers are already out of action? Surely you jest.

peck420 02-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 59172483)

Getting a day's rest? When two of our four centers are already out of action? Surely you jest.

So, you would rather have us lose a 3rd centre?

If sitting him for a game or two can prevent that, it would easily be the best course of action.

jsho 02-06-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 59172483)

We are also in 2nd place in the division. Far to high of a spot for us to be in. Resting RNH will help fix this.

I am the Liquor 02-06-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peck420 (Post 59172789)
So, you would rather have us lose a 3rd centre?

If sitting him for a game or two can prevent that, it would easily be the best course of action.

Do you really think that is what is going on here?

Cmon man.

SephF 02-06-2013 03:14 PM

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/498...-hits-nuge.gif

Looks like his right shoulder... I know he was getting his left shoulder looked at before the WJCs...

Does anyone remember which shoulder he had surgery on in his rookie year?

nexttothemoon 02-06-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsho (Post 59172905)
We are also in 2nd place in the division. Far to high of a spot for us to be in. Resting RNH will help fix this.

Hey just because Hordichuk is on the 3rd line and slow as molasses Smyth is playing centre and the 1st line centre has never played a minute in the NHL and the bottom pairing D look their best when they are sitting in the pressbox is no reason to accuse the team of tanking to pick #1 for a 4th straight year.

Just because it's worked for the last 3 years doesn't mean it's a trend... too small of a sample. :)

Hockey Fan #751 02-06-2013 03:21 PM

Everyone knows Smyth won't play much centre. Hordichuk will have two or three shifts and the rest of the time he'll shift to the wing while Gagner, Arcobello and Lander rotate through.

Fourier 02-06-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephF (Post 59173381)
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/498...-hits-nuge.gif

Looks like his right shoulder... I know he was getting his left shoulder looked at before the WJCs...

Does anyone remember which shoulder he had surgery on in his rookie year?

Looks almost like it could be his right shoulder blade or even his ribs. He took a pretty decent bit of lumber there.

I originally thought it might have been from a earlier hit along the boards.

He did not have surgery last year. And it was his left shoulder I believe.

timekeep 02-06-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 59173369)

Cmon man.

It seems more serious than Ralph wants to lead us to believe. Maybe opponents as well.

peck420 02-06-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 59173369)

Cmon man.

Sure, why not.

It's not like muscle fatigue isn't directly related to injury rates or anything...

If RNH has a pre-existing injury that has not healed correctly, it would be even more critical to sit him whenever he is fatigued. If played he could face career ending damage...theoretically.

For all we know he has the ***** from a bad burrito.

SephF 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourier (Post 59174135)
Looks almost like it could be his right shoulder blade or even his ribs. He took a pretty decent bit of lumber there.

I originally thought it might have been from a earlier hit along the boards.

He did not have surgery last year. And it was his left shoulder I believe.

Ahh I read that he had surgery in the offseason :

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/02...-canada-at-wjc

Quote:

If Nugent-Hopkins gets a clean bill of health, he will suit up for Canada at the tournament, which starts on Boxing Day. Nugent-Hopkins injured the shoulder last season and had off-season surgery.

Either way this sucks... This is the third shoulder injury he's had in the first 1.5 years in the NHL and they've been 3 different injuries. Look like we have an Ales Hemsky situation all over again. Depressing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peck420 (Post 59174337)
Sure, why not.

It's not like muscle fatigue isn't directly related to injury rates or anything...

If RNH has a pre-existing injury that has not healed correctly, it would be even more critical to sit him whenever he is fatigued. If played he could face career ending damage...theoretically.

For all we know he has the ***** from a bad burrito.

If that's the case and he isn't shut down for the entire year to get surgery then this organization is even more incompetent than I thought.

Soundwave 02-06-2013 03:35 PM

I honestly have a feeling he hasn't been right since last year, it just was one of those things where it wasn't bad enough to immediately cry out "surgery!". I don't think he was 100% at the WJCs either but that's just my opinion.

Fourier 02-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephF (Post 59174417)
Ahh I read that he had surgery in the offseason :

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/02...-canada-at-wjc

Either way this sucks... This is the third shoulder injury he's had in the first 1.5 years in the NHL and they've been 3 different injuries. Look like we have an Ales Hemsky situation all over again. Depressing.

This is the first I have ever heard of surgery. I don't think it happened unless it was a very minor. Tears require 6 month to recoup.